Thread: Rate the raiding PVE Shadow Priest above you!

Last edited by jmachol; 2011-01-20 at 03:44 PM.

Lets see:
    First: HIT CAP!! you are way under hit capped. IMO you should get yourself hit capped first then focus on int then haste.
    Reason: if you miss you don't do dps, and at the current cost of your dots you shouldn't need to be recasting them or your mana will run out much faster.

Gems: probably right, you are focusing on int and your meta is more correct for this patch then the 3 percent crit one.
    Reason: you should be getting for int and depending sometimes getting socket bonus.

Trinkets: Worst trinket selection period. you shouldn't have a spirit activation trinket, you shouldn't have hit trinkets period.
    reason: trinkets are a huge dps boost, and you can get enough hit/spirit through everything else and reforging. stack int and haste if you can for your trinkets, but int first.

reforging: reforging to haste is a good idea, but you should be reforging any spirit only when over hit capped, or reforge mastery into haste first, then crit into haste.
    reason: IMO you need hit cap, and after you hit cap, the stat is worthless so reforge it after, mastery is our worst stat, reforge it then crit.

Most of your gear is probobly best in slot but i would take a look at that again and see where you can get some more hit over best in slot.

Here is my link: (mmo champ wont let me post links yet.
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/
    add to the line above. skullcrusher/redwinds/advanced

take a look.

Redwinds, being hit capped is no longer the must have that it once was. With most of our damage coming from now coming from our damage over time spells, mind flay being changed to a channeled DoT, and Mind Blast currently doing seriously weak damage hit is nowhere near as important. Hit rating required to push consistent and high damage per second is now based on how quickly you are able to react to a missed spell.

With my current hit rating, over a 6 minute period on a boss test dummy, I was able to push around 11k DPS self-buffed. When I converted the correct stats to Spirit instead (reaching the hit cap), I noticed a 2k DPS loss in the same 6 minute test period.

I feel that with the current Shadow Priest mechanics, if you are a focused raider, you should be able to do more DPS while sacrificing Hit instead of the previous sacrificing other stats to be hit capped.

I think that using potential mana loss as an argument for being hit capped is a good idea, but with the massive amount of mana regenerating cooldowns that Shadow Priests posess, I am never finding myself hurting for mana.

Concerning improvements for your character:

If you wish to remain hit capped (which I am sure you do), I would suggest bringing your chance to hit down as closely to 17% as possible. I would suggest changing the gem on your gloves to +20int/+20spirit or pure +40int. I also think that you should change out your +40haste gem in your boots for a +40int gem. The gem bonus is worthless to you while you are above the hit cap. If you wish to maintain the gem bonus for some reason, I would then change the gem to +20int/+20haste. Your T11 pants also have a +40haste gem in them, which should be changed to +20int/+20haste. I would also change the +20in/+20spirit in the pants to +40int.

Your gem selection may simply be to maintain your Meta bonus, which with the facts about stat weights through multiple simulation craft runs, I would not suggest doing.

Possibly changing the enchant to your bracers to +50 spirit would enable you to gem another +40int somewhere else, which is much more beneficial than +50haste (until patch 4.0.6 of course, when a +50int enchant will be coming out for bracers).

I would then reforge the Mastery from your off-hand and wand to haste. Changing your shoulder item to the one I am currently using would most likely allow you to gem and reforge into more int and haste which would be beneficial.

Concerning my trinkets: I have ran H.BWC and H.GB more times than I care to admit, and the only trinket that has dropped for me was H.Gale of Shadows, which the Holy Priest with two epics trinkets rolled on and won. I am a 525 skill Alchemist and will be changing out the Hit trinket for the new Intellect and Haste trinket come patch 4.0.6. I would like for you to suggest to me a better trinket than Core of Ripeness.

If you follow this link http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-4?fi...;crs=1;crv=300, you will find that the only two trinkets currently in the game that are better (and do not drop from H.BRC or H.GB) are Theralion's Mirror and Tyrande's Favorite Doll. I am currently striving to obtain both of those trinkets.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 09:05 PM ----------

No one else?
    Last edited by jmachol; 2011-01-20 at 05:29 PM.