Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

You can not initiate any more party kicks.

Is the message I now get when I try and kick someone, so in other words when tanking I can never, ever again, vote kick some scrub/afk twat from my group, fair? funniest thing is I tried to kick a fail druid in heroic DM but it said I had to wait 9 minutes then someone else vote kicks him and ever since then I get this message even though I've not kicked anyone since it said I couldn't for 9 minutes, is this a bug or intended, because never being able to kick anyone again is nothing short of bullshit and the most amazing thing is you're lucky if I've kicked half a dozen people since Cata came, so it's like you can kick 4 people before being barred.

You could try opening a ticket. Perhaps the kick mechanism is handled with a hidden debuff that is stuck on you (seems the most likely considering damn near everything is handled with buffs/debuffs). This has happened before, particularly when Wintergrasp changed its flying policy. Anyone who logged out in WG during the patch kept the old hidden "you can't fly here" debuff and couldn't use a flying mount anywhere. GMs (at least higher ups I guess) could wipe all buffs/debuffs and fix this problem.

Deleted
    This might not be on exactly on topic, but why is there a timer to begin with?
    The will of 3 ppl is always bigger than the will of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by doombledore View Post
    This might not be on exactly on topic, but why is there a timer to begin with?
    The will of 3 ppl is always bigger than the will of 2.
    Apparently Blizzard feel kicking people sitting afk is wrong, hence the restrictions, there's also a druid in my group with the same "error" so might be an intended change, you know, the one that gives slackers the ability to take even more advantage of stupid Blizzard changes.

You will only see this message if you have kicked lots of people since LFD went live.

Ive kicked 4 people since LFD went live.

The other day I kicked two people in the space of 15 seconds. Two douche-bags from the same guild who were going out of their way to wipe the group.

Bet they didn't see that coming.

Ok so now i have kicked 6 people since LFD went live.

It does need some fixing though. I should be able to kick someone who has gone AFK for a really long time. or plain refuses to do the dungeon. Sitting in org making us wait for you since we can't kick you for 15 minutes or whatever the timer is, is abuse of LFD.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Is the message I now get when I try and kick someone, so in other words when tanking I can never, ever again, vote kick some scrub/afk twat from my group, fair? funniest thing is I tried to kick a fail druid in heroic DM but it said I had to wait 9 minutes then someone else vote kicks him and ever since then I get this message even though I've not kicked anyone since it said I couldn't for 9 minutes, is this a bug or intended, because never being able to kick anyone again is nothing short of bullshit and the most amazing thing is you're lucky if I've kicked half a dozen people since Cata came, so it's like you can kick 4 people before being barred.
    Not to be mean but it sounds your a mass kicker in groups, you have now been flagged as a kicker and blocked from doing so, I know there is hidden flag that keep track of how many people you kick , but I could be wrong. Maybe this is a good time to become more tolerant in-game or go find something else to do with your time!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTW View Post
    Not to be mean but it sounds your a mass kicker in groups, you have now been flagged as a kicker and blocked from doing so, I know there is hidden flag that keep track of how many people you kick , but I could be wrong. Maybe this is a good time to become more tolerant in-game or go find something else to do with your time!
    Trust me mate I barely ever kick, I put up with a ridiculous amount of shit and I'm always the one voting no when people want to kick someone for low dps, takes alot to make me vote kick someone which is why I don't get this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTW View Post
    I agree with this. Take a step back and think "why is this happening?". I have only initiated about a half dozen kicks, and my wait time to kick is < 1 minute. It's there to prevent abuse, not hinder your gameplay.

Had the same problem while i was leveling. We had an afk mage and a shammy in our group that was needing on every piece of loot that dropped. We kicked the mage first, then the entire group wasn't able to kick the shammy. Not even the person that replaced the mage was able to initiate a kikc, it's retarded that you can only kick 1 person in a run.

Deleted
    very true jibbyjackjoe

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I agree with this. Take a step back and think "why is this happening?". I have only initiated about a half dozen kicks, and my wait time to kick is < 1 minute. It's there to prevent abuse, not hinder your gameplay.
    Yet it gets abused which then hinders my gameplay and when I can't kick people abusing it, hindering my gameplay, then it hinders my gameplay even more and as I said I barely ever vote kick and this happened after someone got kicked that I didn't even vote for.

Deleted
    Ugh, I hate the "you kick too much" argument. What the crap is "kicking too much"? If I initiate a kick and it goes through, it was obviously a good kick! No matter if I do 20 of those in one dungeon, all of them were good kicks, people wanted the kicked guy out. You can't say "Well, it's definitely enough to kick once every 3 dungeons" because it's RNG, you don't know what players you'll get. I'm not going to accept 5k dps enh shamans (press buttons in shit gear, do 8k) just because Blizzard thinks it's better to kick as little as possible. Why should I be forced to carry people; to be overly tolerant? If someone is, IMO and the opinion of my group, not good enough to be in a heroic, I should be able to kick him.

System needs to change.

Another huge issue is the issue of group. I can't kick anyone even though I've only kicked once in Cata because I'm often grouped with a tank who kicks a lot. His kicks are somehow counts for me as well. Stupid system.

I have kicked less than 5 people since the LFD system went online because I rarely pug, but I get the same message as the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Ugh, I hate the "you kick too much" argument. What the crap is "kicking too much"? If I initiate a kick and it goes through, it was obviously a good kick! No matter if I do 20 of those in one dungeon, all of them were good kicks, people wanted the kicked guy out. You can't say "Well, it's definitely enough to kick once every 3 dungeons" because it's RNG, you don't know what players you'll get. I'm not going to accept 5k dps enh shamans (press buttons in shit gear, do 8k) just because Blizzard thinks it's better to kick as little as possible. Why should I be forced to carry people; to be overly tolerant? If someone is, IMO and the opinion of my group, not good enough to be in a heroic, I should be able to kick him.

System needs to change.

Another huge issue is the issue of group. I can't kick anyone even though I've only kicked once in Cata because I'm often grouped with a tank who kicks a lot. His kicks are somehow counts for me as well. Stupid system.
    I indeed agree with you.
    Initiating a system, where you obviously can't kick more than once or twice during a dungeon group is completely devastating for the way cataclysm will unfold in the future, should it not be changed.

- Yes, it's a good thing not to "abuse" the system, by kicking every single guy for a little stupid abnormally, that we all can make once in a while. Furthermore, i got the same openion as tobberoth, why carry someone clearly not ready for heroics? With some money, and the will to actually give time in to gain some reputation, you can get good gear easily. And therefore, afterwards, go normals till you get what you're supposed to get into your minds. Obviously, that's what you need to do to get anywhere. Of course it is. 5k dps is outdated, ladies and gentlemen.

System needs to change.

I agree, 3 people need to click yes for the vote to count so if 3 people agreed to kick someone why is it a bad kick? I think people are under the impression that people like myself, who they probably think is a 13 year old kid kick people for something to do hence the you kick too much bullshit when I've already said countless times I very rarely kick.

The system is terrible and it favours the people who look to abuse it over the people who want to use it the way it's supposed to be used, people join the heroic and go afk and the other 4 are supposed to carry them to free rep, JP and valor because kicking is bad? bollocks, I carry dps all the time but there is no way I will carry someone afking for free shit and it amazes me that Blizzard want us to.

Thing is, people say make a group the old way, but you still can't kick because you used the LFG system to do a random heroic therefore you NEED to kick with the voting system even though I personally made the group.

Deleted

System needs to change.

Wow, I hope im not in a group with you!

Deleted
    Obviously there are two sides to this. On one hand you want to be able to kick every guy who gets in your way / slows the party down etc. The problem is, there are a lot of people who carry a very short fuse. To make it even easier, it's just a random person joining your group, he's a dps so replaced by miliseconds, so /kick.
    Now the other end of the story, let's say you're a dps, 36 minutes in queue and suddenly Tu-du-duuuhhhm your group is ready. you enter the instance, say hi guyz and suddenly you feel a nr. 2 coming. You warn the guys, afk sec for example, rush to the toilet, and get back as soon as you can. But instead of an instance, you see you're back in your capital city, where you're going to enjoy waiting the next 36 minutes until you get another party.

You can kick people for a good reason, but not everyone thinks by the same standards, a good reason to you can be /care to someone else. If you are someone who wont hesitate to kick, you'll get blocked from doing so. This makes you be more thoughtful of what is worthy of a kick, and what is not.

Deleted
    Its simple really... The majority should rule, i know this will lead to some really stupid kicks by retard groups... But having tons of people abusing the LFD tool is no fun either.

Myself, i queue with guildies most of the time

Deleted
    You do make a few very good points McBarty!

I've had this happen to me when I haven't kicked anyone period. IE not that session... not the previous session. Not the previous 5 sessions. In fact I could confidently say I didn't remember the last time I had initated a kick. Yet it was telling me I could not initate anymore kicks. Which would imo imply that I had kicked too many times yet I hadn't.

Nor had I been kicked. Buggy system is buggy.