Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Latest PTR Fury Test

So I got the PTR up and running this morning, copied over my toon (not a premade), copied over some UI stuff and did a complete reforging following Landsoul's suggested low hit, high crit, high mastery build and then spent some time beating up the Raider's Training Dummy. Here is my report:

Results

My stats as seen in the SS:

Haste - 8.46%
    Hit - 8.83%
    Crit - 22.64%
    Expertise - 25/25
    Mastery - 14.49

13.8k DPS over the course of 11.4 million damage.

A few notes of interest:

My priority was CS > BT > RB > Slam > HS (Min 65 rage or battle trance proc)

I didn't use Death Wish or Recklessness at all.

I stood behind the Boss dummy and did not use sunder armor. My spec was 3/3 Deep Wounds and 2/3 Incite.

Rage generation wasn't all that bad. There were 3 times in this test where I didn't have enough rage for a BT or RB. Overall I was very surprised. I definitely pulled more DPS than I do on live, where I usually average somewhere around 12.5k.

This setup looks to be very promising come live.
    Last edited by Stilllogicz; 2011-01-22 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds promising.

With mastery becoming desirable as opposed to something you want to avoid I'd imagine we'll become quite a bursty spec, my only concern is threat becoming a problem again both with this burst and the extra crit we'll likely have. I'm not topping the damage metres at the moment but I'm certainly dominating the threat metres, I hope it doesn't become a pain again like it was in wrath.

Deleted
    Need more infos Please.

Standing behind or in front of the dummy? Which dummy, lvl 85 or Boss? Do you stacked thunder armor on the Dummy?

Have you tried to decrease Crit and increased mastery to check what bring in more advantage?

@ Jaak

I updated the original post with some more information. I have not tried to decrease crit and increase mastery but I can try that out later on when I get back home.

What is the name of your warrior so i can check your gear on Armory?

Thanks!

--Poohjure

Rygore - Crushridge

I figured crit would no doubt be better than hit come 4.0.6, however after bringing RB down to 120%, I'm surprised that mastery is still looking to be a focusable stat to an extent. Regardless, thanks for the numbers. This definitely gives us something to look forward to and be ready for.

I'm glad to help, there is a lot of non sense being spread as of late. Regarding what is best, post info and / or screenshots so the community can respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is you did one trial. Any scientific test needs to be put through multiple rigorous tests in order for it to be even considered. How do we know that you didnt get EXTREMLY lucky with RNG? You should do a couple more tests and post them aswell so we can come to a clear conclusion!

11.4 million damage is more than sufficient for a basis. He didnt even use recklessness or death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbysan View Post
    11.4 million damage is more than sufficient for a basis. He didnt even use recklessness or death wish.
    This. That's quite a long test run, and with no damage amplifiers you have a clear idea of the damage being put out by the moves. However I would like to see maybe 2 more runs for a comparison, but this gives us a decent idea on what we should plan on seeing.

Thanks for the data by the way.
    Last edited by Tyrantangel; 2011-01-22 at 03:01 AM.

I would like to see this repeated with 3/3 incite as opposed to dw

So I'm now recovering from a major hangover =S

But I'll layout my plans for now. I'll hop back on the PTR and do another 10 million damage+ test with the same setup. For the sake of argument.

I'll do another test with lower mastery and higher crit and post the results. Then I'll do a 3/3 incite test on whichever build had the highest dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/3 DW was proven to be better until you have 100% HSF(heroic strike every 3s) and then it was a tiny dps increase. which was not even possible with the high hit build. With the pretty huge HS nerf and us now going for more crit/mastery and less hit, It should push even more in the direction of DW 3/3 being Better.

But ofc for some crazy reason the multiple maths brought up to show this may have been missing some huge variable so If tests from multiple ppl in multiple gear sets show incite better with full raid buffs on single target(Aoe is auto DW as incite doesnt help, which is most of the Fights this tier) then Ill belive them.

All of these tests were performed under the same restrictions as in the original post. No Death Wish, No Reck, No Sunder Armor, standing behind the boss dummy. Spec is 3/3 DW 2/3 Incite unless otherwise noted.

Test #1 - Original Post Re-Test (Same Stats As Before)

Results - 13,962 DPS over the course of 11.1 million damage

Test #1 Results

Notes - Got a bit luckier with rage gen RNG this time, only ran into 1 situation where I was rage starved. Overall much smoother than the 1st test.

Test #2 - Higher Crit, Higher Haste, Lower Mastery Test

I reforged Mastery and Hit into Crit and Haste with Crit being a priority. Gear with Crit and Haste I left alone.

Stats:

Haste - 11.73%
    Hit - 9.13%
    Crit - 23.30%
    Expertise - 25/25
    Mastery - 11.29

Results - 13,787 DPS over the course of 10 million damage

Test #2 Results

Notes - Rage gen felt very spikey. I was starved quite a few times and overall felt very awkward. Could just be RNG, I will do another test with this same build.

Test #3 - Re-test of Test 2

Results - 12,193 DPS over the course of 10 million damage

Test #3 Results

Notes - Rage gen is very spikey. Rage starving happened a lot. I don't like the feel of this at all but I'll do one more test with this build because the results are varying greatly.

Test #4 - Re-test of Test 2

Results - 13,283 DPS over the course of 11.1 million damage (I was on the phone and forgot to stop @ 10 million)

Test #4 Results

Notes - I've concluded that this setup is based around RNG too much. I'll be switching back to the low hit, high crit, high mastery setup with 2/3 DW and 3/3 Incite for the next test.

Test #5 - Low Hit, High Crit, High Mastery With 2/3 DW and 3/3 Incite (Stats are the same as in the original post)

Results - 13,326 DPS over the course of 10.1 million damage

Test #5 Results

Notes - I found myself rage starved quite a few times but it could be because of me paying more attention to HS and trying to get every incite proc. Will re-test this setup one more time.

Test #6 - Re-test of Test 5

Results - 13,678 DPS over the course of 10.1 million damage

Test #6 Results

Notes - Rage gen was a bit smoother than in the previous test which lead to higher dps.

Seems like the original test had the best results. Thanks for all your testing, I know doing 6 tests of 10 million damage takes some patience. I'll probably do some of my own testing, but from what we've seen mastery and crit both seem to be focusable with the patch.

Please make a test with at least 16% hit. if you can, 18% or 20% would be perfect.
    With Crit and mastery closely behind.

hit>crit>mastery>>>>>>>haste

Can you try to gear this way and tell us?

For some reason my PTR account is all bugged and i can't copy any chars. Can't test it myself =(

Yea Ildurnest, I'm goin to make some sloppy joes now but I'll do a test with atleast 16% hit later on. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by poohjure View Post
    What is the name of your warrior so i can check your gear on Armory?

Thanks!

--Poohjure
    poohjure from which server PM me

This is some good information. Thanks for taking the time to test it out.