Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

3v3 arena comps, CC classes are king?

right now I'm an Arms warr 2.5k resil with a holy pally and UH DK with basically the same resil and gear. we do pretty good but the problem really arises when we have to fight teams that can CC like no tommorow. for teams with mages, locks and/or druids they can keep one of my team members or myself effectivly CCd out for almost the whole fight meaning we cant defend our healer or our healer cant help us. My team comp is limited to a few stuns that need melee range, strangulate and a few interupts.

its a pain in the ass to be considerably useless throughout the fight even if you trink. when they try to CC another of my team i try to charge in and interrupt what i can but then I'm usually cyloned or frozen quickly.

any advice, thoughts or shared dislikes for CC?
    there is a German word that i feel should be brought to english.
    Backpfeifengesicht: a face in desperate need of a fist

if it weren't so long i would use it all the time

I think that maybe a good thing as your comp was ridiculous in Wrath. I played it to 2200 and found it to be too easy.

Replace your DK with a caster perhaps?
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

practice fighting them, make sure your paladin is dispelling everything.. your dk is deathgriping and u guys are nuking something, the only time you should really have a problem is when they CC your pally, because he can cleanse and freedom you most of the time, that means you have 2 dps to deathgrip and nuke a clothie

Is he dispelling properly? For most of the time healers should be out of LOS, only stepping out to heal a member or dispell. If they go for him then he should be pillar-humping (may not be for a pally, i play a druid so thats just what I do), which should free him up a bit to throw out dispells. The only worry is druids and our cyclones, which cannot be dispelled. But thats only 10 secs with DR, so thats not really the whole game.

But I know what you mean by being CCed, but practice and get your pala to practice dispelling everyone (macro dispell DK, dispell me and dispell warrior, then keybind them if that helps him do it a bit quicker).

Have your DK UF your paladin.

It's WoW PvP, some comps just beat others. A lesser skilled team that has a better comp than yours has more chances of winning. Like your comp surely ran into a weaker comp that has better players than you but they lost cuz it's just how rock paper scisor works.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrrel View Post
    It's WoW PvP, some comps just beat others. A lesser skilled team that has a better comp than yours has more chances of winning. Like your comp surely ran into a weaker comp that has better players than you but they lost cuz it's just how rock paper scisor works.
    QFT.

This is very true. I came up against a hunter/rdruid team (playing war/rdruid) and they were SOOO good. The hunter was playing near to perfectly, and the druid was great too. But, we won. It kinda made me sad that we won just cus of comp, cus I noticed afterwards we really deserved to lose.

Get with the program,

Right now pretty much every team has either a lock or a mage, or both.

if you're playing TSG at the moment on live and failing vs cloth with a pally that can dispell all, then you must be doing something wrong, you have alot of CC aswell, not spammable but enough to set up a kill with warrior/DK burst and pally helping out too.