Do you stop to grab the Roses?

In Cata, we obviously have been spending more time in the Old World. And with the Old World, we find ourselves seeing more low level materials on our Radar pop up. I will admit right away, that I had trouble with these. Why? Because I felt myself above Mithril Ore, like it was not worth my time to land.

So, do you mine low level materials if your flying through?

Mithril is not worth it? Check the AH prices.

Sometimes, if I know the price of it on the AH. I might farm a few stacks on the way through

Generally I don't. One of the reasons is due to the prices of Ores really bottoming out. When I saw that Thorium was only 7g a stack on my server, and mithril not much better I simply stopped. Fel Iron ore is 100g a stack though, but I rarely find myself in Outlands.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Mithril and torium were good AH fooder before cataclism, because farming them was an ackward task, due the lack of flying mounts in azeroth and due the scarcity of nodes. But now everyone can fly in azeroth, and the number of nodes have been greatly increased, so they are not worth the effort, at least in my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fushio View Post
    Mithril and torium were good AH fooder before cataclism, because farming them was an ackward task, due the lack of flying mounts in azeroth and due the scarcity of nodes. But now everyone can fly in azeroth, and the number of nodes have been greatly increased, so they are not worth the effort, at least in my server.
    totally agreed. the only thing i would stop for is... hmm dont know it in english... "the plant to make tea for small energy bonus" (rogues).

Nah, I leave it for the lowbies to mine. If I stopped for every node of Mithril or Thorium, my bags would be full before I even get to my destination (I noticed they upped the spawn points and rates of these different nodes). That said, I WILL stop if I see a "rare" node (silver, gold, truesilver, khorium, titanium). Those usually have a pretty decent sell rate on my server.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    totally agreed. the only thing i would stop for is... hmm dont know it in english... "the plant to make tea for small energy bonus" (rogues).
    Thistle Tea. You're thinking of Swift Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post
    And it's a "rare" drop when herbing Mage Royal and Briarthorn so would have to herb all of those nodes in order to get it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post

yes! :-) it was thistle tea.
    on my realm its alwasy very cheep. i got enough till t16 :-)

If im flying somewhere, i have better stuff to do than pick up random old useless ores/flowers.
    For rich cata stuff i usually stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will if I can use it, like low level herbs for my scribe or or for a char with a profession at a level to use it and skill up from it. Otherwise I leave it to people who need it to level up.

not unless i need it, its not worth the time and bag space for stuff that sells for 10-15g per stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, my main is a double crafter and my gathering alts never go to the old zones so...not so much.