Poll: Do you close all programs prior to installation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Sweden with a 100/100 line - why? There is no router in this system, nor is there a modem. The absence of a modem is the huge advantage here.

I'm taking by your disbelief you've never encountered connections like that?
    He was also talking about processor power as a constraint, when many gaming rigs these days have extremely powerful i7 quadcores which usually leaves you with 3-4 GhZ of processing power to spare for installing, downloading, picking your nose and whatnot.

Resource constraints are rarely a problem for me thse days. Although I know it's going to change with the upcomming Crysis 2

Deleted
    That used to be a smart move in order to prevent crashes or instability... on Windows 95 with a 350MHz processor. Of course, it does still help performance if you have a slow computer and/or lots of software, but in many cases it's so much less mandatory nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulbound View Post
    reg entries are part of the app-layer addin process. your apps dont work till that software can force you into a soft restart. what does that tell you?
    Okay - so to simplify.

Name a couple of common programs (and try to keep them diverse). Since its this really that the topic is about.