Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is Kael Soloable?

Simple question, as a warlock in pre-raid gear, is kael soloable with a good strategy? videos, tips, specs, etc would be helpful.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want that mount.

Note: The Eye version, not H MgT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

probably not, i'm thinking until better gear comes out it's going to be a tank only endeavor, espcially dks
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Afaik a dk did that in beta with a raidequipped premade.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/th...as-sunstrider/

if a warlock can do that? Try and inform us

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait one more raid tier to come and you should be able to do it. But for a Warlock and all the nerfs floating around them, I don't think it's doable now.

Deleted
    There was a thread about it on the warlock forums a small while ago, IIRC a warlock had him down to the last/ second last phase. Not sure if they downed it yet.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...olo-discussion.

Not without a pet unfortunately. I can't survive those pyroblasts at least. With the changes to Fel armour and a bit more gear it may be possible though. Time will tell.

Deleted
    WITH a pet its impossible.

You can, of course, summon a pet during the pyro blast, maybe a VW to shield up, I dunno, but you have to dismiss after to avoid MC.

Raegwynn soloed him in beta.
    He's a DK.

Deleted
    No class, other than the DK, would be able to solo Kael'thad. Tried it as a hunter and i even made it into the last phase of the fight, but as soon as you get mind controlled, your pet will die...
    And if a hunter is unable to solo stuff, usually no other class is able to either But ofc Raegwynn is THE exception. You still need at least 7-8 people to counter the mind control in the last phase

Quote Originally Posted by Tokiko View Post
    No class, other than the DK, would be able to solo Kael'thad. Tried it as a hunter and i even made it into the last phase of the fight, but as soon as you get mind controlled, your pet will die...
    And if a hunter is unable to solo stuff, usually no other class is able to either But ofc Raegwynn is THE exception. You still need at least 7-8 people to counter the mind control in the last phase
    Paladin and DK > Hunter solo

Also, you only needed like 5 max to do it during ICC, I doubt you need 7-8 right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it as a prot paladin the other day and never managed to get past the revived advisers. I don't think it's possible without good self-healing and defenses.
    Last edited by Luminar; 2011-01-22 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Despite that I already got Ashes, I tried to 2man this with a fair equipped feral -tank- druid, we both are almost full epic. Even with 2man, this is PRETTY hard. So, whenever someone asks me wether TK is soloable I tell them:

Yes, It has bin solo'd by a solowhore that happened to play Death Knight on the beta in full tier 11 and without current classchanges.

That usually does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Despite that I already got Ashes, I tried to 2man this with a fair equipped feral -tank- druid, we both are almost full epic. Even with 2man, this is PRETTY hard. So, whenever someone asks me wether TK is soloable I tell them:

Yes, It has bin solo'd by a solowhore that happened to play Death Knight on the beta in full tier 11 and without current classchanges.

That usually does it.
    Or that soloing avoids you know...lots of fight mechanics...

But it's a good thing you jump the gun on calling op (not that I don't agree, but still, that's not the reason he could do it)
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I've attempted solo'ing him multiple times, once all the weapons are dead and add's respawned / died / kael comes out and starts MC'ing it seems like there is no way for him to NOT reset after he casts mind control. I was going to attempt and use a pvp trinket in hopes of trinketing MC immmmediately to prevent him from resetting fully however the amount of health he has is a bit too much to burn before you would have to trinket another mind control.

Also tried 2 man'ing this with a shadow priest, we had the same problem - it's not too bad if one of us get's mc'd other can equip dagger and break it but what happened a couple times was we were both MC'd.. his ability normally mc's 2 random people...

Looks like bringing 3 people - 2 casters and 1 melee is the best solution.. unfortunately that knocks your chances of a mount down to 33% if it does manage to drop.. unless of course you can pursuade someone who already has the mount to join up with your 3 man group .

If anyone has solo'd him past 80% on the last phase - would be cool if yuo release your strategy. THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by smuki View Post
    I've attempted solo'ing him multiple times, once all the weapons are dead and add's respawned / died / kael comes out and starts MC'ing it seems like there is no way for him to NOT reset after he casts mind control. I was going to attempt and use a pvp trinket in hopes of trinketing MC immmmediately to prevent him from resetting fully however the amount of health he has is a bit too much to burn before you would have to trinket another mind control.

Also tried 2 man'ing this with a shadow priest, we had the same problem - it's not too bad if one of us get's mc'd other can equip dagger and break it but what happened a couple times was we were both MC'd.. his ability normally mc's 2 random people...

Looks like bringing 3 people - 2 casters and 1 melee is the best solution.. unfortunately that knocks your chances of a mount down to 33% if it does manage to drop.. unless of course you can pursuade someone who already has the mount to join up with your 3 man group .

If anyone has solo'd him past 80% on the last phase - would be cool if yuo release your strategy. THanks!
    He MCs 4 people.
    Last edited by Frogmite; 2011-01-22 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    My friend (warrior) and I are wondering if we could 2man it. Idea is for me to commit suicide before he starts MCing and let him finish off the last phase. Would this have a chance of working? :P

Also, does he stop MCing at some point? (soulstone could come in handy if so?)

15+ Year Old Account
    He is not currently soloable, but will be by affliction in T12 gear. In order to avoid MC, you need to dismiss your pet, and without it you take more damage than you can heal. Once you get T12 gear, the stamina increase should make the 1% heals keep up with your hp loss.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 02:06 PM ----------

it might be possible to solo sooner than this as Destruction, as 9/1/31 - you would be keeping corruption up for siphon life, and spamming soul fire for 4% healing, and using netherward on cooldown.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IbhrZoZIrbfMbsRbo

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    He is not currently soloable, but will be by affliction in T12 gear. In order to avoid MC, you need to dismiss your pet, and without it you take more damage than you can heal. Once you get T12 gear, the stamina increase should make the 1% heals keep up with your hp loss.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 02:06 PM ----------

it might be possible to solo sooner than this as Destruction, as 9/1/31 - you would be keeping corruption up for siphon life, and spamming soul fire for 4% healing, and using netherward on cooldown.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IbhrZoZIrbfMbsRbo
    that would at least get you past the pyro blasts. would the adds cause any problems? also i'd drop a point from empowered imp just to get BoH if we're not planning on using a pet assuming thats a talent build specific to this fight. cool build tho :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Also, you only needed like 5 max to do it during ICC, I doubt you need 7-8 right now...
    We used to do this with 5, but we weren't raidgeared.

OTOH, we did it for RP-gear, and roleplayers are usually better players in general.