Headed South (Achievement)

ive been trying this achieve for about a week now and its the last one i need with my group
    comp goes somewhat like this
    Pally (ret/holy)
    Dk (unholy/blood)
    Druid <--me (feral tank,resto,boom)
    Hunter (survival/BM)

^main group

others are possibly
    Rogue (muti)
    mage (arcane)

Usually we run with too many melee i believe

We have tried different approaches

two heals/blood tank

me as feral tank and burning the last add first and then stacking the rest

we've also tried burning the last add that pops up last and fighting through his barrier until last add
    but it seems the dmg is just too much for me or the holy pally to handle

there seems to be so many approaches but nothing working so far even when we have lust.

once the knokcbacks occur at least one of us usually dies

we even tried only having two people with the "buff" but not sure if the dps is good enough

Try getting it for only one person at a time. My group was lucky enough to do it 2 one day and 3 the next.
    Comp was: Paladin Tank, Priest Healer, Mage, Warrior, and Warlock DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 Healers, 1 Tank. Have someone designated to interrupting the Chain Lightning adds and pulling them into a corner and letting them die there. Nuke the boss through his shield till he's on about 400k (With good DPS this about 6minutes), kill all 3 Melee adds together (The last spawning one last) then kill the boss.

Deleted
    easy way to do it: take 2 healers 2 dps and 1 tank, dps sheild untill like 30%, will take you a while but shouldnt be a big problem with 2 healers, kill 1 add, transiton kill rest of adds at about 15% of boss and the finish boss. The lower you take the boss while he is with 90% dmg reduction the less your healers will have to heal with the debuffs.

is getting it for only 1 person at a time common? and true about the adds they seem to do the most dmg, if left unchecked. we are still sloppy on handling them. ill bring up the two healing idea and hopefully we can get a mage for lust

We got it for all 5 at once. Just DPS the shield till its at like 40% have your tank KITE the adds, and have a ranged pull the other adds into the corner to drop tornadoes.

Then as soon as you guys kill the 3rd add (first) blow hero and go nuts, drop all the other adds too (they should have like 10% b/c your tank has been DPSing them for 3 mins straight.

Deleted
    We decided to give this achievement to TWO people that have some sort of defensive CD to reduce damage taken. Really, it took like 5 tries, then we both got it, it was a matter of fact to get down the boss in time with the debuff on. We decided to give the achievement to myself and the Holydin.

Our composition was: (All geared ~345 avg ilvl)

Druid tank (myself)
    Holy paladin
    Resto druid
    Survival hunter
    Assasination rogue

This is how we performed it.

We started nuking the boss with some ~3 minute cooldowns or so. Not longer than 3 minutes, trying to get down the boss as quick as possible.
    As the first melee add popped up, i taunted it and marked it with star. Noone should touch entire fight unless you call for it, since you should be able to nuke it down yourself as a tank (unless dps is needed, just put a dps on it). I nuked it down to around 300k hp. (I didn't touch the caster add for the entire fight. As soon as they die, another one will spawn. It's just a waste killing them.)

DPS kept being on the boss, although he took like no DMG at all. It's still worth bringing him down like 100k for the last phase, believe me.

As the second add appeared, i immediately taunted him and marked him with a cross. I nuked him down to around 300k hp aswell. When he was at around 300k, I started kiting both the melee adds.

The healer's didn't have to heal that much really, untill we get the first debuff from the LAST add.

As soon as the third add appeared, I marked it with a skull. I used my berserk, and cleaved all the adds down (including skull ofcourse) to like 100k hp. The people who wanted the achievement should stack on the SKULL. All dps, including myself as tank, switched to skull, finishing it off very quick.

As skull died, the boss does his hurricane thingy, swinging all the people in the group up the air. The people with the first debuff (out of three maximum) will take more DMG than the rest of the group. This is the time to use you're defensive cooldowns as a feral tank (Survival Instincts and Barskin). After that, all the DPS switch to the boss, DPSing him like a tard with all their cooldowns. If you got bloodlust, this is the time to use it.

When it was around 10 seconds left on the debuff on the people going for achievement, we started nuking CROSS. As cross went down it was like 3 seconds left on the debuff, which is perfect. (Note that as the dies, it takes a second or two for the debuff to ACTUALLY be placed on you.)

We continued nuking the boss (including myself as the tank). Again, as the time on the debuff was on like 10 seconds we started nuking the STAR (which at the time were on around 50k hp from some melee cleaving...), we got the THIRD debuff when there were like 4 seconds left. After that it's just a matter of bursting the boss down within 30 seconds, which is not that hard.

FTR, you also have to tank the boss. Don't forget it^^

Hope this was any usefull at all, goodluck with the achievement!
    Last edited by mmoc54571373ba; 2011-01-22 at 09:56 PM.

Our setup was 1 x Prot Pally, 1x Survival Hunter, 1x Frost dk, 1x Restdruid and 1x holy pala.
    When the adds started to spawn the tank picked them up and when we had all 3 adds we killed one at the time just so the buff ran out. Tooks us like about 4-5 min and not more than 4-5 tries with that tactic.
    A tip if you have a druid is too root the adds it will work.
    Hope this will help and good luck

Deleted
    Did it today with guild group for all 5 peepz.

Tank kites adds , 1 ranged silences , deals with ranged so aoe stuff doesnt spawn too near the boss.
    Other dps takes boss to like 70-80% after that kill 3rd add first , after being trown into air few times, get 2nd down , little dps on boss , 3rd down , n kill the boss.
    All people were decently geared ~350 ilvl and ach was pretty easy.

Healing will be awful after getting charges/tanking boss same time with adds but its managable , glad to have AMS/Icebound for '2nd phase'

Pala Heal
    Pala tank
    Spriest
    Me as UH DK
    Mage

Edit: Forgot to mention tank took adds to like 20%

I can point out a few things about attempting this achievment.

1, The damage the boss deals is all nature damage so a shaman/hunter with a resistance buff is VERY usefull, if you dont not have such a class(which happend on our case) you could use resistance elixir or flask.

2, Our group comp was: Blood DK(MS Tank/OS Dps), Fury Warrior, Fire Mage, Holy Priest and me(MS Tankadin/decent dps OS). We started out with me dpsing the boss with the warrior full time and the mage and the DK kiling the adds, as soon as we started to reach the second phase we got overwhelmed with the damage taken. Eventually we switched to me tanking due to Paladin tanks having Divine Guardian and Holy Radiance which helped alot in the second phase. Note that we have our DK in half tanking/pvp gear dpsing and we still made it.

As for the adds, we killed the last spawned Melee add and kept the other 2 on low hp with me(tank) killing off the adds when our debuff almost faded. 4 of us got the achievment, the unlucky warrior died at the end.