Poll: What class is your GM?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Bear Druid
    Such feeble minds..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    GMs of first two guilds were rogues, next guild was a pally, then warrior, then mage in succession. :P
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    most GMs i see are tanks or mages although my current is druid.
    never been in a guild with rogue or DK as leader.

After seeing this it feels like My friend were right, Paladin is indeed a common GM Class

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    My current GM is a Priest.

Before that it was Hunter, Priest, Paladin, Warrior, Priest, Paladin, Warrior, Rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...my first guild was, a protection warrior...my second guild was, a protection warrior...my third guild was an enhancement shaman, fourth guild was a protection paladin, my current is a shadow priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Paladin, seems like most of my GM's were paladins.
    Paladins like to be GM's because they prefer to be carried since there normally ret loladins as well.
    My name is Legion, for we are many

Deleted
    Mines a Rogue, and in my last guild it was a Paladin wich seems to be the most common.

10+ Year Old Account
    My GM is a bigger altoholic than me. As of now he plays his warlock, but he has a shaman and priest at 85 as well. Technically we have 3 GMs, the other two being a warrior and a priest.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-01-23 at 10:38 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

We don't have a GM, rather 3 different people with all the same rank. A DK tank, a disc/holy priest and a resto shaman.

EDIT: I have never had a paladin GM thus far, though I don't guild hop and have only been in about 4-5 guilds in about 4 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Both you and your friend are committing the logical fallacy of assuming that "Being a Guild Master" and "Playing a Specific Class" are related =/

Being Class X doesn't have an impact on a player's likelihood of being a GM.
    Likewise, being a GM doesn't increase a player's likelihood of being Class X.

Is it likely that there are a lot of pallies and warriors as GMs? Yes, but it's probably just because those are very popular classes.
    I'm sure there are plenty of Mage/Rogue/Lock/Shaman/Druid/etc. GMs as well, lol.

o_0

EDIT: This is not intended to be condescending or aggressive, simply addressing the silliness of attempting to find a correlation between Class and GM status.
    Basic maths ftw!

OT: Atm mine is warlock, though old one was mage.

my GM is a holy paladin

Prot pally (me) It seems the main tank is frequently the GM of a guild although some don't have the time commitment and it usually goes to a friend

I'd have to agree with your friend. Almost every guild leader i've had was a paladin (prot), even now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Both you and your friend are committing the logical fallacy of assuming that "Being a Guild Master" and "Playing a Specific Class" are related =/

Being Class X doesn't have an impact on a player's likelihood of being a GM.
    Likewise, being a GM doesn't increase a player's likelihood of being Class X.

Is it likely that there are a lot of pallies and warriors as GMs? Yes, but it's probably just because those are very popular classes.
    I'm sure there are plenty of Mage/Rogue/Lock/Shaman/Druid/etc. GMs as well, lol.

o_0

EDIT: This is not intended to be condescending or aggressive, simply addressing the silliness of attempting to find a correlation between Class and GM status.
    in response to that

Tanks take a leadership role in the game, hence it makes sense that they are gm's the most imo. And the most played class is probably a pally.
    That was gonna be my argument against your post, it seems like those who have a leadership role(Healer/Tank) would be more likely to take the initiative to form a guild.

Originally the guild I'm in now was made by a tank for his alts, then it got passed to me when I was playing a pally(holy), then passed to a DK Tank, Then to me Pally(Tank), then back to the prot warrior who started it, now back to me (Warlock).

... all of those fit my argument cept my warlock now
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

Deleted
    i'm a warlock and a guildmaster <3 WARLOCK

Deleted
    A bear/healer druid for me