15+ Year Old Account

Need help with raising LW

First I hope to god this doesn't get burried in the 100000 posts about archeology saying more or less the same things/asking the same questions.

Anyway, I'm having a really hard time trying to level up my leatherworking on my druid (and later my hunter). I'm currently at 507 and NOTHING I can make is orange or give multiple skill points. There obviously are no more trainer-taught recipes since I'm past 500. Without making the 2 cloaks that are yellow and burning through 60 scales and/or tons of volitiles, is there anything I can do? What about once I hit 510? I'm really sick of buying recipes from the damn vendors at Dragonmaw that say I can learn them only to find out I can't yet too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guide I am currently using states the following:

"Now, there is something that I hate to say about this next part. The 507-510 range is utterly absurd and is a pain in the neck. There are hardly any ways to get points, but try to make Cloak of Beasts until 510. I've heard of points being given for every craft, and some people taking about 15-20 to get the 3 skill ups. There is no easy way for this... :\ "

So yeah, that's what I've done as well, and I had to make about 8 Cloak of Beasts to get to 510. Not easy at all for us Leatherworkers, I hate to say. D:
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 cloaks are what you have ot run on for awhile.
    If you want ot make some profit consider converging Savage Leather into HEavy Leather or Savage Scraps into just normal Savage leather.
    IF you study the market you can save yourself alot of money.
    Give me the news.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimesReaper85 View Post
    The 2 cloaks are what you have ot run on for awhile.
    If you want ot make some profit consider converging Savage Leather into HEavy Leather or Savage Scraps into just normal Savage leather.
    IF you study the market you can save yourself alot of money.
    LMAO that's exactly what I've been doing since I actually finished up with schooling after Cata released. Most of the time I end up buying scraps and going from there to get my leather/heavy leather.

This is the same point I've been stuck at for awhile now, and unfortunately my LW is not my skinner so I've been buying the mats to get to this point. Spent about 2500g last night and only got 3 skillups. I've heard that 505-510 LW is getting addressed in the next patch though so we can only hope:-)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimesReaper85 View Post
    If you want ot make some profit consider converging Savage Leather into HEavy Leather or Savage Scraps into just normal Savage leather.IF you study the market you can save yourself alot of money.
    You can make lots of money in my server with this.

In the patch notes, LW 500-510 is being tweaked to make it more bearable so just wait for the patch. It'll be out soon enough. Otherwise, who knows how much gold you'll burn to get those last 3 points.

As said those cloaks are the way to go, not sure what the patch changes to make it easier but you could just wait for that.
    At least when I skilled my LW those cloaks still sold for like 500-600g so I actually made a few more than what I needed to get to 510, now they are nothing more than something to be disenchanted or handed over to an alt :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I finally finished farming up gold & volatiles enough to get my druid from 507 to 510 and got luck & only had to make 5 cloaks for those 3 points. Now the fun of farming all the fires comes so I can level up the rest of the way and start using my damn orbs and make my own gear he needs too >.<

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Well I finally finished farming up gold & volatiles enough to get my druid from 507 to 510 and got luck & only had to make 5 cloaks for those 3 points. Now the fun of farming all the fires comes so I can level up the rest of the way and start using my damn orbs and make my own gear he needs too >.<
    Good thing Volatile Fire is piss easy and fast to farm then :P

Deleted
    Im trying to level lw myself ty for the help

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html
    I used that to level my hunter's skill to 525, farmed almost all the mats myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they're fixing this next patch. The 500-510 is too hard I saw a blue say.

Deleted
    There isnt anything else, you have to make Cloak of Beasts/Cloak of War until 510. Then at 510 you can buy recipes for PVP belt and bracers. These PVP recipes all give multiple skill-ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself am waiting for the patch. Blizz said in a blue post that they are making it easier.