Thread: Subtlety PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.

Subtlety PvP

Ok, so Im lvl 67 right now, and Im doing a bit of PvP, and I got the PvP gear already (too lazy to quest) and I am farming for the weapons now. Now I was wondering if Sub still required 2 daggers. Or can I have a off-hand sword? Because the sword is faster than the dagger and has more dps, same stats...

Any advice?
    Abandon all hope to humanity and you won't be disappointed in random LFGs.

My Rogue

And waay too many alts

Main hand with dagger for Backstab! and offhand any fast weapon, even mace if u are sub.
    Learn about consequences before try something.

So I am currently making a rogue myself level 40 at the moment and I am curious why you would use backstab at all when you have ambush that does more damage and gives more combo points? Although I am using a sword in my main hand which would probably be why my ambush is hitting harder? The dagger in my offhand is 1.7 while the sword is 2.4...So confused XD
    Last edited by EvolutionXXX; 2011-01-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionXXX View Post
    So I am currently making a rogue myself level 40 at the moment and I am curious why you would use backstab at all when you have ambush that does more damage and gives more combo points? Although I am using a sword in my main hand which would probably be why my ambush is hitting harder? The dagger in my offhand is 1.7 while the sword is 2.4...So confused XD
    Backstab is what you use outside of stealth. Ambush is purely an "opener" which includes Garrote and Cheap Shot. This is why for Sub, its twice as important to stay behind your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionXXX View Post

i had the same question around that level.

but i had it with hemo and backstab

hemo cost 35 energy and dealed like 200 dmg.

backstab 50 enery need to be behind and dealed like 300 dmg.

and i always used hemo when i was leveling. but then slaughter from the shadow kicks in and backstab cost 35 energy and hemo 29.

so just wait a bit till you reach 60+ it will be alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i had the same question around that level.

but i had it with hemo and backstab

hemo cost 35 energy and dealed like 200 dmg.

backstab 50 enery need to be behind and dealed like 300 dmg.

and i always used hemo when i was leveling. but then slaughter from the shadow kicks in and backstab cost 35 energy and hemo 29.

so just wait a bit till you reach 60+ it will be alot of fun
    Nevermind i figured it out, I had backstab on my stealth bar for some reason so i thought it was an opener...
    I started using hemo the second i got it, the question i have is should i finish with rupture or eviscerate after i have blown my kidney shot.

low lvl = eviscerate
    rogue = rupture ( anti vanish unless you use deadly poison )..etc
    ( p.s: you use different finisher for different class )

Well as sub on my twinker / lvl through pvp rogue i used the heirloom sword and would more or less always open with ShS into ambush then immediately spam hemo into evis, proves very effective and most people will be dead if you crit As you get to 60+ you will want to swap to daggers 1.8 MH 1.4 OH (iirc) for poison application + backstab, as someone mentioned earlier