Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Hardest Boss Ever?

Of course not every boss in cataclysm is in the game yet but who do you guys personally think is the hardest boss ever? (glitches and bugs don't count for example both pre-nerf cthun and muru were impossible until the hot fixes so they don't count)

- also dont attack other posts because you happen to be a fan boy of a certain expansion. offer your explanation of who the hardest boss is and why. thank you

Alone in the Darkness
    I am either devoted or Insane, I embrace both.

10+ Year Old Account
    KT naxx 40 :P

Deleted
    Definately Hogger.

Deleted
    I was going to say lichking but then I realized it was kaelthas sunstrider

Yogg-saron 0 keepers

No place for mistakes..

LK wasn't necessarily hard,but i find it a fun encounter so i'll post it too.

Man, I've never seen a thread on this topic before...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    argaloth! ! !

i think lk 25 hc was quite hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    KT naxx 40 :P
    4-horseman was waaaaaaay harder.

Four Horsemen Naxx40....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yogg-saron 0 keepers

No place for mistakes..

LK wasn't necessarily hard,but i find it a fun encounter so i'll post it too.
    oh there were room for mistakes for heroic Lich King when it was done without the raid aura??

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferogen View Post
    Four Horsemen Naxx40....
    lol i thought it was common knowledge by now that four horseman wasnt hard, it just required you to gear up 8 warriors which is tedious (not difficult, there's a difference)
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Muru or Yogg 0 keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbx42 View Post
    (glitches and bugs don't count for example both pre-nerf cthun and muru were impossible until the hot fixes so they don't count)
    ...Pre-nerf muru was killed by multiple guilds i don't know where you are getting your impossible information.

4H (naxx 40)
    C'thun
    Yogg+0

Not really in any specific order, just those 3 stood out to me. People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the fuck to build cars"

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefighter and +0, as u can see, ulduar still is in top of all instances so far, regarding everything.... On a personal note, i do hope, firelands will be, lets say, the ulduar of cataclysm, since is released just like it, ulduar was 3.1, after the instances released with wotlk, and firelands, 4.1, released after these 3, BoT, BwD and Tot4W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the hardest, but Gruul pre-nerf was quite fun as well.
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic LK was hard because it's stupid. One person lags for a few seconds after a certain %? That's studpid, not difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Deleted
    you can look at this in different ways. statistically yogg+0 25player is one of the hardest bosses when done with ulduar25 HM gear. lots of stuff to consider and 2 people would be enough for a wipe. even one if it went bad.
    LK25HC had this kind of mechanic too but taking into account how much somebody had to watch out for it was pretty much basic stuff. the healers had to watch out then a couple of guys every now and then when they got infected..

so Ill go with my personal boss that was the hardest for me to "master" and that was no one. I did yogg+0 on my second try perfectly and LK heroic perfectly after 5 times. Algalon 2try and so on.
    There simply isnt a boss that is hard if you do them with the right setup. You observe, learn, conceive a tactic or read one online if it has been done and then execute. usually there isnt much to learn and the execution after 6years of wow has become easier and easier as internet speed has gone up.

the most problems were in classic when there hardly werent any guides.

In the end, a bad trash pull in cata with several packs etc where you have to adjust dynamically where to put your CC and when to reg mana and who to heal is harder than any boss I have done in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun pre nref
    Victoria Aut Mors

M'uru,
    and when you say anything else it means that you have never done the fight.