Poll: blessing of life worth taking for pve?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Linking a WoL from a person and saying this is what he got doesnt realy help.

As it realy depends on the playstyle.if you raid heal pretty much 100% and just beacon the tank to help the tank healer, then Blessed life will come up trumps.

If your tank healing then Tower of Radiance should get better.

Personally i spec into both, and drop sacred cleansing and only have a 20 yard range on judgement as a loss for it.

As on herioc modes ive found tower of radiance ot be very beneficial to make my mana last just a tony bit longer, espcially on fights like halfus where sometimes you have to heal your beacon becuse he is taking just That much extra damage.

Or for example During feud, You can drop some big heals on the tank tanking during feud as he must stay topped, espcially once break stacks up. thus allowing more light of dawns to heal the raid.

Also some fights have more aoe mechanics, eg, chimareon drops slimes on 20% of ur raid group every 5 seconds, and the slimes during feud are every 10 seconds thus guarenteeing and extra holy power 3 times during it. Whihc is great seeing how thats the part where you want it for more LoD's

I just posted this in another thread:

I've looked at logs to see the hp return from this. I don't find it very useful. Gaining hp only very occasionally and passively isn't something that fits with my playstyle but I understand that some people like it. I'm sure it is beneficial if you're going into predictable coinciding direct damage and you can plan to have a free hp ready to go, I just can't think of many times that I'm not already ready with whatever heal it is I need. I would have to pay more attention to make use of it and not auto pilot through some bosses But I still don't think it does much.

This being said I'd love to find a complete list of raid mechanics that are considered direct damage- might be more useful than I think but... so far the logs I've seen aren't impressive.

My guild runs 25m raids and has cleared the content on normal, is beginning hardmodes. I run with another holy pally who has blessed life. I just reviewed the most recent kill of every boss and perved on his power gains.

Artramedes, Chimaeron, Conclave, and Al'Akir are the only encounters he gained over 10 hp from blessed life, Conclave with the most at 17 [he and I stay on frost tank the whole time where there isn't much to do].

He gained 0 hp from blessed life on the dragon lovers, and Magmaw.

Still don't think it's worth it. At best you're looking at about an average of 2 free hp/min. I like to control my resources and something this infrequent isn't all that beneficial for what I'm raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJellyTouch View Post
    This being said I'd love to find a complete list of raid mechanics that are considered direct damage- might be more useful than I think but... so far the logs I've seen aren't impressive.
    This.

Artramedes, Chimaeron, Conclave, and Al'Akir are the only encounters he gained over 10 hp from blessed life, Conclave with the most at 17 [he and I stay on frost tank the whole time where there isn't much to do].

Very helpful, thank you.

There is no reason not to pick it up? Call me ignorant but I personally didn't spec into magic dispel, along with many others. I top meters, hands down. I do about 30-40% of the healing each fight and I honestly shouldn't have to dispel. In my 10 man, I have 5 other people who can dispel and they take care of it fine. If it gives me free Hp here and there, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    There is no reason not to pick it up? Call me ignorant but I personally didn't spec into magic dispel, along with many others. I top meters, hands down. I do about 30-40% of the healing each fight and I honestly shouldn't have to dispel. In my 10 man, I have 5 other people who can dispel and they take care of it fine. If it gives me free Hp here and there, I'll take it.
    You should spec into sacred cleansing.

"I top meters, hands down."

/yawn

Deleted

/yawn
    Having sacred cleansing isn't needed depending on your situation. There's no real raid bosses that would require dispelling that a single priest couldn't do.

Good for him, cause topping the meters is something very important, oh wait.

What's the point if you have someone else who can dispel?

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact is that Sacred Cleansing is now optional for Paladins because Priests (glyphed) and Resto Shaman have a better cleanse which HEALS their target for like 4-6k when they Cleanse, making their Cleanses infinitely more useful than ours.

In a 25-man with other healing classes, there is absolutely no reason for a Holy Paladin or Restoration Druid to spec to cleanse magic debuffs besides maybe "because I could always do it and don't want to lose it".

That said, I'm in a 10-man and am almost always the fastest healer to cleanse, so I need to have it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

No, it's now optional because they nerfed ret/prot pallies cleansing due to pvp.

Yes you can use the point elsewhere in PvE if you like. I still think you should spec it. Cho'gall is a good example and getting through trash quickly is always nice.

In the end whatever works for your team works. If you assign your priests and shaman to take care of it all then ok, cool. I think the utility of having a dispel is part of being a well rounded healer. Besides, no other talents look more appealing to me.

/yawn
    Explain why it's necessary for me in my 10 man to spec into sacred clensing. We have a h.priest, r.druid, and s.priest who can all dispel. Like others have posted, maybe other than cho'gal, not many fights require magic dispel. When has topping meters been a bad thing? Wouldn't you want the person doing 40% of the healing done to continue healing rather than waste a gcd to clense along with the 3k mana?
    Pointless talent.
    Last edited by Jeffari; 2011-01-26 at 06:40 PM.

have a prot, ret,

Like I said, whatever works for you. I would just recommend to someone to pick it up if they asked me. There is no other vital talent they'd be trading for, and it can be decided on after seeing their comp and healing team if they want to restrict dispels to certain classes.

25m there is a lot more to dispel Simca. Lets say you have 2 holy pallies 2 trees a shaman and a priest [frequently our setup]. Easy for one or both to be dead or cc'd or someone oom or other things that might prohibit them from being on top of dispelling. That's what I look at.

Lol caught my own mistake there. Point aside, I got 3 other people that can do it. I know if I was more of a support healer I'd be all over it. I just find with my current setup and spec, its the way to go.

Deleted
    I just take ToR and Blessed Life tbh. Don't feel I'm missing any real core talents either.

How can you not get hit on Magmaw btw? It might be the way you stack up (we have meelee, ranged and healers stack up on the left side), cause with our tactic we 'constantly' get unavoidable AoE damage. Thus proccing Blessed Life.