Thread: solo'd?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

solo'd?

I'm pretty bored with cata and I want to go back and try soloing some older content, what raid bosses have u guys solo'd from tbc/wrath and what do u think is possible to be solo'd by us mages?
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2011-01-24 at 11:40 AM.

It's probably possible to solo Karazhan. I know a few random people from my guild did it, not sure if any of them were casters though.

Deleted
    I've personally solo'd all the BC heroics on my mage, and most of Karazan (It's a bit hard to solo chess, y'know)
    Also solo'd the first boss in Zul'Aman and I nearly downed Sapphiron but died when she was on the last million health, so it's possible, but hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    yea i solo'd most of the bc heroics too, but i wanna know what raid bosses mages have solo'd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag of Fire View Post
    It's probably possible to solo Karazhan. I know a few random people from my guild did it, not sure if any of them were casters though.
    I want to see you do that O.o
    I know mages can shield themselves for crazy amounts but they lack the selfheal and mitigation to do anything. Bosses are hardly CCable.
    I would be surprised if mages could do any bosses in TBC.

In Vanilla Mages can do MC pretty much up to the mechanics that kill their mana and out dps their shielding or boss healing.
    you wont get past the first 2 bosses in BWL nor will you kill the third if the shields are not enough

Kara used to be soloable by rets, dk's, enhancements during WotLK. Maybe other classes (bears now that i think about it) as well, i'm not sure. Patchwerk and one more boss from WotLK Naxx were soloed by a lvl 80 rogue. WotLK heroic 5 man should be push overs now.

Done:

MC
    BWL ('cept first boss)
    AQ20
    AQ40 (First 5 bosses (including bug-trio)
    Karazhan (including Nightbane, excluding Netherspite)
    ZA

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    I want to see you do that O.o
    I know mages can shield themselves for crazy amounts but they lack the selfheal and mitigation to do anything. Bosses are hardly CCable.
    I would be surprised if mages could do any bosses in TBC.

In Vanilla Mages can do MC pretty much up to the mechanics that kill their mana and out dps their shielding or boss healing.
    you wont get past the first 2 bosses in BWL nor will you kill the third if the shields are not enough
    Well.. things have changed since Vanilla. Now we've got more tools to play with, examples:
    -Mirror Image. My absolutely favorite spell. You basically gain a personal tank (or three tanks to be precise), so if the boss is not able to kill the images really quickly (can't imagine anything in Kara doing so much damage), you can go all out for full 30 seconds. And 30 seconds is a lot of time.
    -If you are somehow unable to finish the boss off before images disappear, you can also let your water elemental tank! You just need to pop invisibility (If done in a good moment, when the elemental has a lot of threat already, it can basically tank till the very end of the fight), and do as much damage as possible to keep your elemental up through permafrost. (Going invisible can be tricky though, and tends to reset the encounter if you don't attack quickly enough. I believe that having mirror images up at the same time makes the reset less likely, so you can time invis. and pop it right when your images have a few seconds of life left).
    -If there are adds that can be rooted - it's like they don't exist. Frost nova, imp. CoC, elemental's freeze, or even shattered barrier... there is no way something is going to get to you, if you're careful.
    -Self healing through glyph of evocation
    -Need to finish the boss off quickly, while he's at about 200k hp? Freeze - deep freeze - cold snap - deep freeze - /cheer

Basically you've just inspired me. I'm going to go and solo Kara in a few moments. Perhaps I'll post my thoughts when I'm done :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chulda View Post
    Basically you've just inspired me. I'm going to go and solo Kara in a few moments. Perhaps I'll post my thoughts when I'm done :P
    Not much to think about while doing karazhan, most of the bosses (if not all) shout zergfest!

Manage to solo the entire instance as fire after the 4.0 patch at level 80, tho Prince M needed loads of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Captn View Post
    Not much to think about while doing karazhan, most of the bosses (if not all) shout zergfest!

Manage to solo the entire instance as fire after the 4.0 patch at level 80, tho Prince M needed loads of luck
    Yey... just as I thought. The hp of bosses there is ridiculously low, so they should be pushovers, and from what I remember, the damage is also pretty insignificant... Oh, well, I'll go and do it anyway, but I'll save you my thoughts :P

ZA is soloable. Just letting ya'all know.
    And yeah, golemagg is soloable even for those poor ones who couldn't solo him @ 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag of Fire View Post
    I solo'd Kara (most of it, I skipped netherspite) this past week. Its definitely doable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd Karazhan as frost last week. It was relatively easy though Curator was close (I accidentally pulled a group of mobs with him). Just skip Netherspite and you'll be ok. The Opera event is annoying if you get Big Bad Wolf, but still doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    can dks solo anything =O?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    can dks solo anything =O?
    DK's can solo EVERYTHING!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post
    I solo'd Kara (most of it, I skipped netherspite) this past week. Its definitely doable.
    Next week when you go back for your 500+ free gold make sure you do Netherspite. Line him up at the back of the room against the wall so all three beams hit you. Fight lasts all of about 20 seconds.

If you look up "lethalmage" on youtube (least i think thats the name or something similiar).

I watched a video of a frost mage soloing magtheridon, gruul, and the chick that dressed in warlock tier 4 in TK.

Raegwynn also soloed Kael`thas in TK on the beta, as far as BC heroics go, easily soloable by pretty much any class, possibly the same for some wotlk heroics.

Well I know Kara is soloable by a Mage I started doing it the other week it's just really dumb getting little red riding hood as you only have enough time to pop lust living bomb mirrors Ect before needing to run your ass off but it would prolly be better to do as frost so the elemental can have fun with lust only boss in ther that I didn't solo was netherapite cuz I was being lazy

Solo'ing Kara is quite easy. Didn't bother trying netherspite, but if the strategy above works I'm going to assume it's easy as well. I'm also curious what content people have solo'd.