Spell casting add-on?

I'm a fury warrior and in my 10man group I'm designated for interrupts on various bosses. I play with no add-ons and this isn't really a problem except on Maloriak and his abberations cast, its pretty annoying having to watch for that 1sec cast the whole fight. My question, is there an add-on that simply tells you when a creature is going to cast his next ability? As in, sort of gives you the cooldown on it? Something other than DBM cause I can't stand that one. Any help is appreciated!

In my personal opinion DBM is not even optional. It is an absolute must-have for anyone doing dungeons and raids. But maybe someone knows of an alternative.

15+ Year Old Account
    guess not.

two things can help:
    a) bind your interrupt on an easy reachable button. I did it on "f".
    b.1) get yourself a target castbar addon. I use quartz for all of this.
    b.2) make the target cast bar big. and with big I mean big. I have it right in the middle of my screen and like 2 cm thick, 10cm long. you won't miss it anymore, trust me.

and hey, for maloriak... it's the fight. pay attention to it and you will succeed.

oh and for the alternative to dbm: bigwigs, deus vox encounters. I use bigwigs right now, used DXE in whole ICC, DBM in the rest of wotlk before and bigwigs in TBC and before since it was released in the first time.

I can't possibly begin to grasp how someone can seriously raid without DBM or a equivalent add-on. It will make you a much better player and much more raid aware. Heck we won't even recruit or let you raid in my guild if you don't have it. I guess to each their own.

I prefer DBM, but there are alternatives...
    BigWigs and DXE (Deus Vox Encounters)..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

You probably won't get around using a "boss mod" like DBM, BigWigs or Deus Vox Encounters.
    If you take some time, you'll find that most of these are highly tunable and you can configure them to your likings. If you want to, DBM does nothing but showing you a timer bar indicating when the boss uses its next ability.

Is it so hard to watch yellow text on screen and fires on the ground, that you NEED to use dbm? lol, raiding is hard, i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by w00faz View Post
    Is it so hard to watch yellow text on screen and fires on the ground, that you NEED to use dbm? lol, raiding is hard, i guess?
    You obviously cleared all available content without the help of any addon. Congratulations.
    Us mortals however like to have something to yell at us "do something NOW!".

Deleted
    Why can't you stand DBM? It's really customizable...

The in-game UI has become very good for telling you what you need to know, most of the time. DBM is not really needed as much as it was before. I think people who use DBM all the time probably have become too dependent on it, and maybe don't even realize what things are like without it.
    I haven't used DBM in a long time, and I always do just fine. A lot of the in-game warnings are very similar to DBM warnings, so people who have always used DBM may not even know that those warnings aren't coming from DBM. *shrug*

The thing with DBM or BW is the CD bars. OP aked about CD and that is what I find valuable. I assume most raiders can get out of the fire without an add-on. I also use gnosis cast bars and only enable target bars. I set it to only show on casts

DBM seems to be accurate to with in a bout 5 secs on most spells, and most of the is attributed to the spell cd may be up b4 the boss actually uses the attack, but it gives you a good idea of when to pay closest attention.

If I'm supposed to be interrupting, I start paying attention as soon as my interrupt cools down.