Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    To the OP:
    Your loot system can work and has in the past.
    This is assuming you know what's best for the raid and that the other 9-24 members also trust you to do the right thing as far as what is best for the raid.
    So, being a "Loot God" or however you like to put it is not necessarily bad, but it can go south quickly.
    This is mainly due to people.
    People get greedy.
    People create expectations, especially on certain loot drops.
    Without some kind of guild loot system, whether DKP or loot council with officers or whatever, things can turn on you and people will leave over it.
    The only thing I can recommend is to be fair, be unbiased, and accept opinions of everyone involved even though you make the final decision.

Think of it this way: You may be guild leader, but if all 9-24 get upset, what's to stop them from gquitting and making their own guild, leaving you left out in the cold?

The group im raiding with just rolls on the loot. Sometimes we as a group decide to not use rolls and give certain items to certain classes. Nobody in the raid is whining when he has to wait another week or has to pass for anyone else.
    Specifically at the moment since were not all in full epics someone who already has something on a slot dont rolls anyways if theres someone else with a blue. Not even need to say anything for that to happen.

I know not all groups can handle loot that way. But why would i join a ten man raiding guild that behaves like a pug with everyone just having loot in their mind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    You CLEARLY haven't bothered to do ANY research. There is ONE raid drop that has hit on it that can be used by Elemental Shamans and Moonkin Druids and that item is a off hand item (NB. technically two items as there is the heroic version too). There is a epic ring but that drops from trash in heroic dungeons so it isn't raid loot.

There is NO leather or mail gear with hit on it at all. So your statement is that "the amount of hit and spi gear is roughly equal" is not even vaguely close to being true. There is ONE item with hit and several dozen items with spirit.

The only hit gear for casters is cloth, wands and if memory serves a sword ie: suitable for mages/warlocks/shadow priests as well as healer priests (apart from the sword ofc which is class limited).

So if you are restricting Spirit gear to healers you are screwing your DPS, and proving you have not done even the most basic of research. Stop living in Wrath loot times and understand that looting changed with Cataclysm.
    You are partially correct, I've only done very minor research by looking at item databases and that's because I don't expect to have to be omniscient. The people I play with are expected and do do enough research to correct me when I'm obviously wrong.

Anyway, I said "1) +spirit trinket/neck/ring/belt/trinket is for healers.". Belt there is a mistake and should be cloak. That categorization does not contain any cloth/leather/mail items as you should be able to see - not that it matters for mail and leather anyway since the 10 man group has only one shaman and one druid in the first place. I do well know the idea of mail/leather caster itemization and elemental/balance/shadow spirit = hit talent.

Therefore my statement, once fixed anyway, is correct. WoWhead gives me 3 non-spirit caster back/neck/ring and 3 spirit caster back/neck/ring from raids. This sort of search doesn't include atleast the random enchantment rings from Conclave of Winds, but they should come in both non-spirit and spirit versions anyway. Trinkets are more obviously for healers and dps, so I don't have to calculate them, though there are two of both in WoWhead database for itemlevel 359 raid drops. That said, the items do drop from different bosses and the non-spirit items might have more terrible secondary stats for the casters than the spirit versions, but as a baseline there is equal amount of drops for both caster types and therefore when we have 3 dps and 3 healers, the assumption is that healers get spirit non-cloth/leather/mail/plate items unless the shadow priest or the elemental shaman can naturally tell why the other option is utterly terrible for them. That way - in theory - both roles get equal amount of stuff to roll for.

So yes, you basically misunderstood what I wrote, either because I fail at writing or you fail at reading. In the usable-regardless-of-armor-class category there are equal amount of drops in normal 10 mans for both non-spirit and spirit and therefore healers have priority on the spirit stuff since in general the non-spirit stuff is far more terrible to them than what it is to the elemental shaman or shadow priest for whom it does not really matter if their cloak/neck/ring has spirit or hit.

Regarding weapons it's hard to put a consistent line though. Healers, especially holy paladins, are kind of screwed if they're forced to wait for a spirit weapon. There's only the mace from Nefarian and the BoT boe drop staff.

But yeah, seriously, it's not like I'm ruling with an iron fist or anything. I'm the raid leader in the first place since I happened to be the person who could be arsed to organize raids and whatever I line for rules will apply only for as long as people in general accept them and naturally all rules can be forgotten when reasons are good enough.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-01-24 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    To the OP:
    Your loot system can work and has in the past.
    This is assuming you know what's best for the raid and that the other 9-24 members also trust you to do the right thing as far as what is best for the raid.
    So, being a "Loot God" or however you like to put it is not necessarily bad, but it can go south quickly.
    This is mainly due to people.
    People get greedy.
    People create expectations, especially on certain loot drops.
    Without some kind of guild loot system, whether DKP or loot council with officers or whatever, things can turn on you and people will leave over it.
    The only thing I can recommend is to be fair, be unbiased, and accept opinions of everyone involved even though you make the final decision.

Think of it this way: You may be guild leader, but if all 9-24 get upset, what's to stop them from gquitting and making their own guild, leaving you left out in the cold?
    Thank you for your post. I have fallen onto this with dkp as well. Yes it can be cheated with hording. we installed a decay. I found people were watching there dkp more than anything else. This is an attempt to simplify not make me a dictator as many have posted.

I try to keep up on possible loot on content we are downing. Its not easy, and goes to show my dedication to my raiders the time I spend. Nothing will stop them from leavin but currently they like the idea. However not much downed as of yet as we were late to start. I gues time will tell.

I removed a quote of a deleted post. -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-01-24 at 10:01 PM.

This is one guild that wont down heroic encounters. Enrage timers are a bitch, so u gona kick them? LOLGGBRO, just remember, u wont down a boss without dps, no amount of healing or survivability will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    The group im raiding with just rolls on the loot. Sometimes we as a group decide to not use rolls and give certain items to certain classes. Nobody in the raid is whining when he has to wait another week or has to pass for anyone else.
    Specifically at the moment since were not all in full epics someone who already has something on a slot dont rolls anyways if theres someone else with a blue. Not even need to say anything for that to happen.

I know not all groups can handle loot that way. But why would i join a ten man raiding guild that behaves like a pug with everyone just having loot in their mind?
    Thank you for your post. The reverse is actually the case. These guys dont want to worry about a system. They trust me to be fair. I just sold 2 unheede warnings to buy crafted epics for 4 peeps. Our new enhc shaman cringed but he is getting a belt and we can farm BoT trash all day long. As to why would you join? Some people prefer the dkp and other systems. If you trust that you can give a loot list to a person, and that he can be fair, you dont have to worry about the ret pally getting the rogues DBW becasue he had higher dkp or rolled a 100. If you dont think yo could do that then no you wouldnt want to join. But thank ypou for the comments.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    This is one guild that wont down heroic encounters. Enrage timers are a bitch, so u gona kick them? LOLGGBRO, just remember, u wont down a boss without dps, no amount of healing or survivability will change that.
    Umm.... are you reading anything? Od did you just see tanks/heals and go urrrderp?

Deleted
    Enrage timers are a bitch, so u gona kick them? LOLGGBRO, just remember, u wont down a boss without dps, no amount of healing or survivability will change that. - so true!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    No loot council, no dkp, no epgp, no nothing. I am running a ten man raiding guild. I decide who gets the loot period. You cry your gone. You bitch your gone. No i wont be looting to my friends, or hording myself.
    it doesn't matter that you will not loot to friends etc... it will be SEEN that way, throw a couple of more people into the decision "loot council"
    either trusted officers you think can keep a clear head or a couple of the rank and file(guildies) selected at the start of the raid.

because of the human mind - doing loot alone will make someone who doesn't receive loot they want, to eventually throw a fit and cause a huge scene.

just my take on it EPGP is real nice.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I've done all my 40 man raids from MC to Naxx with a single loot master (he even made lists who would get what loots if he wasn't available for a raid which happened like once).
    And there isn't a big difference to a loot council of 3-4 people anyway, the loot council also will try to get their friends the loot, even if only unconscious.

There's no such thing as "fair" loot. The 'dictator loot regime' just has more extreme pro and cons than any other system.

Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    Thank you for your post. The reverse is actually the case. These guys dont want to worry about a system. They trust me to be fair. I just sold 2 unheede warnings to buy crafted epics for 4 peeps. Our new enhc shaman cringed but he is getting a belt and we can farm BoT trash all day long. As to why would you join? Some people prefer the dkp and other systems. If you trust that you can give a loot list to a person, and that he can be fair, you dont have to worry about the ret pally getting the rogues DBW becasue he had higher dkp or rolled a 100. If you dont think yo could do that then no you wouldnt want to join. But thank ypou for the comments.[COLOR="red"]
    My point actually was that in our group we just dont even need someone distributing the loot because everyone just has in mind to down the bosses asap and therefore isnt after loot when a boss dies and just wants the maximum possible upgrade to the whole raid. Sure your way of handling this is a proper way too and when everyone in your group is ok with that than its perfectly fine. In the end your and our way of distribution have the same goals in mind. Our way doesnt need anyone in charge at all. Just 14 raiders that are competent enough and pass when its necessary.