Page 1 of 3
LastLast

frost mage solo's Mags lair

not sure if this is anything new but i'm happy about it. can't post screen shot or link to my guild's site because im new

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it you're trying to say? A frost mage soloed Magtheridon's Lair? Sounds like lies to me without any proof.

he hits me for about 8-10k so it was hard but not extremely hard. and i have proof i just can't post it since i'm new.

Use http://imageshack.us/ to upload it and then paste the link here.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    the bosses just don't hit that hard.
    It's not just Maggy though, he also has to deal with the other adds during the first phase. Not saying it's impossible, because Faxmonkey proved before that incredible stuff is possible, but it will be somewhat hard nonetheless.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

I tend to believe him. Hell, the things I can do with my shadow priest at 85 to old world/content is amazing. If I had a higher mana pool I could probably do it.

But see, shadowpriests have self healing trough vampiric embrace and actual heals. A frost mage has none of that besides evocation (correct me if I'm wrong, been a while since I looked into mages)
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

i could heal with 1 pot bandaids and evo thats it. and the img shack doesn't work cause i can't post links. my guilds name is never more so if you want to search for the website go ahead the screenshot is on the front page

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see it possible you know how many snares etc they have plus the blink and kiting the bosses i dont see why a mage couldnt do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    I can see it possible you know how many snares etc they have plus the blink and kiting the bosses i dont see why a mage couldnt do it.
    (most)Bosses are immune to snares and slows. Magtheridon is for sure. Not saying I don't believe the OP, just pointing out you can't kite Magtheridon to death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Edit: AlysonMeyer beat me to it

Deleted
    I'm not sure whether to believe it, the infernals probably aren't a big problem (Frost Nova, Blink etc.) but the channelers probably are. You could at least mention how you did it, that'd definitely make me less critical =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    But see, shadowpriests have self healing trough vampiric embrace and actual heals. A frost mage has none of that besides evocation (correct me if I'm wrong, been a while since I looked into mages)
    That is correct. I was wondering if this would be possible, as I've been soloing a lot of stuff on my frost mage lately and was considering doing this myself.

post the link and replace the periods with spaces, ie:

www ExampleWebsite com/StupidImageOfMeSoloingRandomOldContent
    Last edited by Goliethlol; 2011-01-24 at 04:16 PM.

i had my ele tank 2 channelers atthe start. i lowered one to about 70k life then killed it with deepfreeze. kited the infernals and the channelers didn't hit too hard so i tanked the other 2. after i killed another one i popped clones and killed the 3rd. then finished off the last 2. had my pet tank mag at the start till i pulled aggro and couldnt tank any longer i invis'd and evod/bandage. kept hitting mag till i was about to pull off then waited. tanked mag for a bit when clones were nearing the end of the cd. popped them again time warped after clones died i blocked. and basically repeated that for liek 5-6 min and he died. did 4.6mil damage and the fight lasted including the channelers like 7-8 min

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 04:19 PM ----------

and i tried with spaces still says i can't post links

Deleted
    The description certainly sounds legit. I found the Channelers surprisingly easy to kill at level 85 as a Protection Paladin, too.

Sounds like a well-played strategy, so kudos to you, sir.

A mage can blink and thus kite the boss and will not take as much damage. A shadow priest has no way of escaping a boss so a priest has to sit there and take it.

blink doesn't work on the floor for some reason. i blink and i go no where. however with improved blink the run speed helps me get away for a second or so

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
    A mage can blink and thus kite the boss and will not take as much damage. A shadow priest has no way of escaping a boss so a priest has to sit there and take it.
    there's bugger all space.

Mag is pretty famous right now for being super soloable by level 85s. I wouldn't find it surprising that a frost mage could too, even if he can't be slowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormad View Post
    blink doesn't work on the floor for some reason. i blink and i go no where. however with improved blink the run speed helps me get away for a second or so
    This is one of the many places in WoW where blink is borked by tiny pebbles on the ground, uneven sections of ground etc.

You can't really effectively ever KITE a boss. They're not slowable so it doesn't work; it's pretty much more efficient to use the pet to tank and/or mirror images, etc.