Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    If you have much mana left over when a boss is dead then you're doing an injustice to your raid and your spec.
    Quite backwards. If you don't have any mana left over when the boss is dead your raid is doing something very very wrong. Not enough DPS for starters.

I'm glad Empowered Touch doesn't consume OOC anymore. It's such a waste when it does while you're spamming. Plenty of fights have massive AOE damage anyway- you'd always wanna rejuv most of the group and WG then SM in the middle of the group. Although, decreasing HT would be so much better. Nourish heals for barely 12k crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noOdliesam View Post
    I'm glad Empowered Touch doesn't consume OOC anymore. It's such a waste when it does while you're spamming. Plenty of fights have massive AOE damage anyway- you'd always wanna rejuv most of the group and WG then SM in the middle of the group. Although, decreasing HT would be so much better. Nourish heals for barely 12k crit.
    Well with nourish being the insanely cheap heal which you can spam the whole raid and not go oom, it makes sense that they choose that over HT. HT is your fairly expensive big heal and is supposed to be used situationally and never "spammed", therefore decreasing the casting time of that would make it pretty useless as you would only use it occasionally.

I think that this mechanic will actually make Nourish a hell of a lot more viable, healing for 12k or so is perfectly fine for its mana cost.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    We will see if Blizzard manages to buff Resto druids enough to make them competitive against priests. We all have seen the statistics - druids were *not* taken as healers by many high end guilds, shamans were taken because of Mana Tide and priests and paladins provided the HPS.

"Bring the player no the class" has NEVER been farer away than right now (at least since they announced this was their plan back in Wrath). Healers are terribly unbalanced.
    I have player a Resto shaman in Wrath (Ulduar=horrible) and I have made my Resto druid my main for Cata.
    As a shaman in Ulduar healing was horrible, mechanic-wise. As a druid now, I simply cannot compete with good priest players in terms of HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Quite backwards. If you don't have any mana left over when the boss is dead your raid is doing something very very wrong. Not enough DPS for starters.

I don't know if you're doing hardmodes or not, but at least for me (10 man hardmodes) I have to push myself extremely hard to keep up with the other healers. This means using every trick in the book, such as keeping 2-3 stacks of LB up outside of treeform, abusing mastery, blanket rejuv.

Mana going up on rejuv is going to kill my raid healing big time.

If the goal for people is hardmodes, they need to get out of the lb + nourish mentality.
    Last edited by Octopus; 2011-01-25 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felibu View Post
    We will see if Blizzard manages to buff Resto druids enough to make them competitive against priests. We all have seen the statistics - druids were *not* taken as healers by many high end guilds, shamans were taken because of Mana Tide and priests and paladins provided the HPS.

"Bring the player no the class" has NEVER been farer away than right now (at least since they announced this was their plan back in Wrath). Healers are terribly unbalanced.
    I have player a Resto shaman in Wrath (Ulduar=horrible) and I have made my Resto druid my main for Cata.
    As a shaman in Ulduar healing was horrible, mechanic-wise. As a druid now, I simply cannot compete with good priest players in terms of HPS.
    This is wrong.

Druids aren't being taken to super endgame world 1sts, which is not only less than 1% of overall raiding, but 1% of even top end raiding.
    Read some of the other resto threads. Stop basing a class off what world 1sts do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Future/page2 for example

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    when the patch comes, we will have a significant buff to wild growth both with the 30% buff to it's healing and the 2 seconds being knocked off it's cd time...wild growth will easily be doing enough healing to make up for the rejuvs we'll be cutting back on.
    I'm sure this will be fixed very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    I'm sure this will be fixed very soon
    Doubtful it will be changed back completely. Look at my post on the page before to see my math on it and the reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Stop QQing about Rejuv mana cost, its fine, it is inline with all other spells, get over it, thats cata, no more spam, it heals at a perfectly acceptable and well to do HPM this talent gives us better raid healing which we were lacking in, tho it would be nice if we got a new spell instead like a healing mushroom but hey, i aint complaining, this is actually not a bad choice by blizz as it brings another mechanic to druid healing, this plus much more significantly higher wild growth healing and we are prob one of the better healers now, so cheer the f##k up and enjoy your class.

Maybe we are not in the top 1% hardcore progression of healers but are you? no, stop qq'ing.

If your not within at least 15% the heals of another class with same gear your doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Eskodas; 2011-01-26 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    Two reasons why resto druids aren't in most world first kills, etc:

1. We are really gimped when it comes to burst healing and our HPS isn't on par with with priests and paladins, yet.

2. Moonkins are strong, especially on fights which need high aoe, so many restos go Balance for those fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nona View Post
    Two reasons why resto druids aren't in most world first kills, etc:

1. We are really gimped when it comes to burst healing and our HPS isn't on par with with priests and paladins, yet.

2. Moonkins are strong, especially on fights which need high aoe, so many restos go Balance for those fights.

Exactly. So even though super high end guilds are not the perfect example, they were always somewhat of a benchmark what classes could, and could not do well compared to other classes.

These guilds stacked Resto shamans in SWP, they had many Resto druids in many of the Wrath raid instances and now they don't use Resto druids anymore. Don't you think, apart from all possible other reasons, that our lacking HPS and burst healing may be one of the most important factors in their decision not to take Resto druids?

Deleted
    If you are talking about the world first guilds, you are talking about min/max to tiny percentages. For us in more average progression guilds, the comparison is completely useless. We take more dmg than the top guilds and we do less dps, making fights longer. In theory one class could rule for the top guilds and another at our level.

From my experience we aren't far off the other classes, that all struggle with various problems of their own. Ok we might not be the burst dmg kings of WotLK but when you compare our cooldowns we are stupidly strong, tranq walks the priest equiv and tree form is amazing when you combine with OoC procced instant regrowths.

I would like our mastery to be a bit stronger and for our flash heal to guarantee to heal for more than 10k, but other than that we aren't far off the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    If you are talking about the world first guilds, you are talking about min/max to tiny percentages. For us in more average progression guilds, the comparison is completely useless. We take more dmg than the top guilds and we do less dps, making fights longer. In theory one class could rule for the top guilds and another at our level.

From my experience we aren't far off the other classes, that all struggle with various problems of their own. Ok we might not be the burst dmg kings of WotLK but when you compare our cooldowns we are stupidly strong, tranq walks the priest equiv and tree form is amazing when you combine with OoC procced instant regrowths.

I would like our mastery to be a bit stronger and for our flash heal to guarantee to heal for more than 10k, but other than that we aren't far off the game.
    You are wise indeed /bow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblacky View Post
    So rejuvenation mana cost has been increased again right? I awas actually amazed we had a useful hability like that haha

By the way now the talent that reduces nourish or whatever cast time when you have rejuvenation in three or more targets is now absolutely useless, thanks blizzard! yo are great at addng pure fucking bullshit talents and skills to druids!

Point of this thread: Discuss.

Is now the new talent absolutly useless? Because I know what spamming 26% mana rejuvenation feels like, and its an almost instant OOM. So 6% mana reduction is a little bit slower almost instant OOM.

This new talent triggers when you have rejuvenation (20% mana lol) on THREE OR MORE TARGETS, so thats 60% base mana cast every ten seconds to get the talent working all the time, or "just" 60% base mana to get it to work for 10 seconds.

My opinion? As I said in the previous, and now closed thread, its just another bullshit talent like mushrooms one.
    rejuvenation got buffed from 26% down to 16% some days ago, and now they are increasing it to 20%. That is still a huge buff (23% lowered mana costs).
    Also it is 20% base mana. Compared to other heals rejuvenation is very mana effective. A 15-20k heal that has no casttime and only 20% base mana costs (3737 Mana).
    If this spell wouldnt be a hot, but instant heal, it would let all healers look like crap compared to druids.
    So as long as that spell doesnt overheal for more than 30% it is worth the mana as a slow support heal.
    Give a target rejuvenation, then heal it to 90-95% and let the hot do the rest. That way you get your mastery used and rejuvenation has no overheal as long as no other healer heals the target.
    Last edited by mmoc5185dd4624; 2011-01-26 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    rejuvenation got buffed from 26% down to 16% some days ago, and now they are increasing it to 20%. That is still a huge buff (23% lowered mana costs).
    Also it is 20% base mana. Compared to other heals rejuvenation is very mana effective. A 15-20k heal that has no casttime and only 20% base mana costs (3737 Mana).
    If this spell wouldnt be a hot, but instant heal, it would let all healers look like crap compared to druids.
    So as long as that spell doesnt overheal for more than 30% it is worth the mana as a slow support heal.
    Give a target rejuvenation, then heal it to 90-95% and let the hot do the rest. That way you get your mastery used and rejuvenation has no overheal as long as no other healer heals the target.
    Most people have around 110k health, maybe 130k raid buffed, so you probably should be healing them to around 80% to ensure no overheal. If you heal them to around 90%, you would have a little overheal from the rejuv itself, but on top of that you need to consider wildgrowth is likely to land on them plus other healers AoE heals and any passive healing the player has.

This is obviously for raid healing, since you should have LBx3 and Rejuv up on the tank 24/7 anyway.