Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah, that's the one. As you can see, we only get three adds and have a pretty short fight length (7ish mins), in full blue gear. If we did it now we'd probably do it more like 5:30.

I'm doubting you're people are as good at interrupting worship as you say they are. I'm a healer and that fight is 100% about people being interrupted before he gets stacks. 10% isn't bad, 20%/30% is a nightmare for healers mana if it happens more then once, especially on 3rd or 4th add.

One tank rofl.

Have your tanks use the TB trinket. It's amazing on that fight to use during the fire stance and shadow damage at the end. Every tank rotation the trinket is up due to the 1 min CD and mitigates ALOT of damage.

The only damage in phase 1 that can't be avoided is the aoe dmg from Cho'gall when he goes shadow. If are going oom with 3 healers you are either taking a lot of unnecessary damage or the healers are not using the right spells. Keep in mind that you need fairly decent dps to get this down with only 5.

From what I've seen on 50 wipes and 3 kills in various groups, the thing people mess up the most is getting hit by shadow crashes. They have a fairly large radius that is slightly bigger than the graphic, and do a fair bit of damage in addition to giving your corruption.

Also, keep in mind that you tanks will get hit extra hard if the mind control isn't broken fast (stacks a damage buff on Choggie).

The raid can very easily get to p2 before or just at 25 corruption
    Frankly, if I people are even getting to the first level of corruption in the first phase they are failing badly.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-01-25 at 12:37 AM.

One tanking is very viable if you're having to carry undergeared healers initially. Our 10 man group found that having a DK tank / Warrior tank paired with a Holy Paladin / Resto Druid worked just fine. A holy priest would have just been icing on the cake.

That being said, if you are using two tanks, there are a few things that can really help your raid efficiency. The first is making sure the DK is using Glyph of Rune Tap, that ae healing really does add up, and the threat loss from GoDRW shouldn't matter. The second is your tank order itself.

If you can start with the DK tank, have the other take Cho'gall after the first fury. This will mean that its always the DK tanking the adds. With decent mastery and effective use of cooldowns, you should barely have to heal a DK tanking the faceless ones.

Re: Heroism, we always liked to pop it around 26% so we'd get the transition 10 or so seconds to just all out dps Cho'gall before the tentacles really start to spawn. During phase 2, make sure your classes with AE interrupts are getting the squirmy little bastards and interrupts are efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Inimicus View Post
    One tanking is very viable if you're having to carry undergeared healers initially. Our 10 man group found that having a DK tank / Warrior tank paired with a Holy Paladin / Resto Druid worked just fine. A holy priest would have just been icing on the cake.

That being said, if you are using two tanks, there are a few things that can really help your raid efficiency. The first is making sure the DK is using Glyph of Rune Tap, that ae healing really does add up, and the threat loss from GoDRW shouldn't matter. The second is your tank order itself.

If you can start with the DK tank, have the other take Cho'gall after the first fury. This will mean that its always the DK tanking the adds. With decent mastery and effective use of cooldowns, you should barely have to heal a DK tanking the faceless ones.

Re: Heroism, we always liked to pop it around 26% so we'd get the transition 10 or so seconds to just all out dps Cho'gall before the tentacles really start to spawn. During phase 2, make sure your classes with AE interrupts are getting the squirmy little bastards and interrupts are efficient.
    A warrior tanking the adds can interrupt every 2nd cast. The DK could horde some runic power for it, but would be pushing to keep up with it with rune cooldowns or may not have enough upon taunt swapping. I cant say as I havent done the encounter on my DK, but I notice being rp starved in some heroics compared to my warrior who can always interrupt whenever I need to despite spamming abilities. The DK I have to specifically horde RP in wait for the ability instead of using it as usual.