Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    On a 8 sec cooldown that removed 1 buff got nerfed to a now 20second cd..
    meanwhile purge, spellsteal, dispel are still spammable. so much for blizzard wanting to make warlocks more reliant on pets.
    Ok here are the nerfs of the other dispels:
    Purge: extremely increased mana usage and it only takes down one beneficial effect now (used to be 2). Purge can make an enhancement oom in seconds

Disspell: Manacost increased by far

Spellsteal: manacost increased

Shieldslam: Protwarrior only, no longer for arms or fury

For a pretty much passive ability devour was.. woot, ya know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    wut. It's a minor nerf. Why should purge be spammable and remove twice as many buffs as anyone else's dispels in the game?

Devour magic was OP imo. I'm glad that all warlocks now have to 'use' it (fyi, I have all my pet abilities keybound anyway, hated it when my felpup would just use it automatically) and not rely on it, but 20 seconds is harsh.
    Say you use it to remove kings or something then the holy pala throws up a freedom and runs around the corner, whereas if you replace the lock with a shaman, you could just sit on him screaming 'LOLOLOLOLOLLOL' while spamming purge all day every day.

Try having a dispel on a CD. It's painful to see something you need to dispel just as you use it. But you obviously wouldn't know anything about that, would you?
    If it is a enhancement shaman he cant spam purge anylonger, cause he would go oom after 7 purges and cat deal much dmg anymore beofe hitting sometime. Both other specs need a GCD and also good mana. Locks dont need a GCD and the mana of the pet isnt such a big problem.

So priests can purge and shamans. But both need a valueable resource to do so, while Locks dont need this. So they have a higher CD on it now and need a new binding for it (auto cast is really lame).

Drain Mana - removed
    Mana Burn - stays

Spellsteal - no cd
    Purge - (does it have a cd now) currently no cd
    Dispel Magic - no cd
    Devour Magic - 20 second cd

Balanced.

Seriously, how could these idiots change something as stupid as this? It's like they're just nerfing while they are high, or just nerfing for the sake of nerfing...

It could either be:

20 second but with auto-cast

8 second and disable the auto-cast

or just give us the freaking defensive dispel on an 8 second cooldown

or they could massively BUFF the glyph to give us a crazy heal to actually make it worth its long cd

-- seriously, both functionality nerfed? seriously, so how in the world is this spell going to be useful now? 20 second CD spells are basically important spells for any class; blink, shadowfury, dragon's breath...

leveling a spell that has a chance to remove Mark of the Wild needs to be on a 20 sec CD???????????????????? Really?

What's next, Soul Link and Demon Armor? I swear, all lock QQ gets attention..

but Frost Mages still remain untouched.

Wow. The bias is strong on this one.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-01-25 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Drain Mana - removed
    Mana Burn - stays

Spellsteal - no cd
    Purge - (does it have a cd now) currently no cd
    Dispel Magic - no cd
    Devour Magic - 20 second cd

Balanced.

Seriously, how could these idiots change something as stupid as this? It's like they're just nerfing while they are high, or just nerfing for the sake of nerfing...

It could either be:

20 second but with auto-cast

8 second and disable the auto-cast

or just give us the freaking defensive dispel on an 8 second cooldown

or they could massively BUFF the glyph to give us a crazy heal to actually make it worth its long cd

-- seriously, both functionality nerfed? seriously, so how in the world is this spell going to be useful now? 20 second CD spells are basically important spells for any class; blink, shadowfury, dragon's breath...

leveling a spell that has a chance to remove Mark of the Wild needs to be on a 20 sec CD???????????????????? Really?

What's next, Soul Link and Demon Armor? I swear, all lock QQ gets attention..

but Frost Mages still remain untouched.

Wow. The bias is strong on this one.
    QQ more. Lock pets dont need enough skill. Ever class has to care about when silencing and interrupting while locks can have it on autocast.
    Autocast is a bad mechanic for most spells. Only AA and the main cast should be on autocast while you ahve to take care of the rest. It is part of your class to controll your pet. People crying about autocast being removed from one ability should learn how to use hotkeys and modifiers.

Like i wrote above. You dont need a GCD and mana, the 2 most important resources in fights together with CD. So now you have one that matters on that spell.
    Purge got nerfed a lot.
    GCD and mana is really high so that purgeing all the time isnt possible, especially when they ahve to heal and cleanse a lot while moving.

Burn mana costs a lot of mana and with the current mechanics you can get behind an object to evade it and it also has a good cast time. With all the interrupots now that doesnt make so much problems. But if Mana burn is ever OP they are going to nerf or remove it, too.

But i am also for increased costs on mana burn and nerf to priests purges (purge one magic effect like shamans and mass despell CD of 5-8 sec), but they dont matter that much cause of casttime and GCD.

Mark of teh wild is a really strong buff that costs a hell of mana. Removing it is a big advantage.

Frost mages got nerfed:
    - ice lance agaisnt frozen targets => 15% less dmg
    - ice lance with FoF => same dmg
    - ice lance without anything => same dmg

All frost dmg agaisnt frozen target got reduced by 15% while Ice lance gets that dmg back when having a FoF proc and frost bolt gets that dmg always now.
    => more casting for frostmages, less dmg whiel you are in frost nova or a cast time (then yo ucan get out of the nova fast enough). 8 sec CC duration where mages have liek druids the most forms of CC (sheep, stuns, roots, slows). That is a big nerf for mages and frost mages.

And as a Warlock you should never compalin about mages, cause you are their natural counter. Losing as a Lock against a Mage when you have same gear and skill cant really happen.

no, you moron, FFS stop posting.
    dispelling mark of the effing wild doesnt do you shit for good in any amount of pvp. good god.
    This shit was annoying enough in wotlk with an 8 second CD.

it would be a different story if we got to "choose" the buff we were to dispell, but no class gets that, so why a 20 sec offensive dispel? who the shit knows.
    any warlock that had dispell on auto cast would have already lost their dispel to mark, either 2 pally buffs, or any other increase to stat buff. Now lets compare that to the potency of dispelling Avenging Wrath... do you really think a warlock with a pet set to auto dispell is your biggest fear?

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 08:50 AM ----------

at this point, I'm quite content with saying that warlocks are not supposed to, nor going to use felhunter in PVE... at least in this tier of raiding, if patch goes live tomorrow, you can pretty much guarantee this.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-25 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    no, you moron, FFS stop posting.
    dispelling mark of the effing wild doesnt do you shit for good in any amount of pvp. good god.
    This shit was annoying enough in wotlk with an 8 second CD.

it would be a different story if we got to "choose" the buff we were to dispell, but no class gets that, so why a 20 sec offensive dispel? who the shit knows.
    any warlock that had dispell on auto cast would have already lost their dispel to mark, either 2 pally buffs, or any other increase to stat buff. Now lets compare that to the potency of dispelling Avenging Wrath... do you really think a warlock with a pet set to auto dispell is your biggest fear?
    5% less main stats and (what is around 250) and 100 less resistence. That makes a lot. If you dont see that it isnt my problem.

And liek i said. As a warlock you shouldnt complain about other classes, cause you where always a good class and also OP for a long time. You never suffered from UP (only early vanilla). You have so much mechanics and advantages (purge, clease, best sef healing next to DKs and healers, lot of CCs, lot of DMG, Burst, AOE, Survivability, Dots, Pets, range).
    And now one of your skills that is really OP when it comes to purging gets nerfed so that it needs some skill (hotkey) and gets a blockade so that it cant be used like hell. Is that other for shamans or mages? nope. They cant spam it even with no CD, cause it costs too much mana or GCD. So live with it. Maybe blizz will reduce the CD to 15 sec or 12, but even then you have still one of the best purges together with priests, cause of no costs and GCD.

I activate avenging wrath when their despeller is CCed or is under presure and cant purge. Also ther arent that much buffs you can purge with the next patch, so a 20 sec is more than enough for most things. When i fight a mage and use Hand of freedom and he steals it, he is realy fast oom without the mage armor. So from a spell steal every 20 sec he goes OOM fast enough. So when you can purge every 20 sec, too, it is fair. Locks where never saposed to be a good purge class.
    Last edited by mmoc5185dd4624; 2011-01-25 at 08:56 AM.

No, it is not a large buff, when you compare it to 20% more damage done and hammer of wrath regardless of hp on cooldown, you damn tool

and apparently you cannot differentiate between warlock specs, since you pretty much just stated the buffs of every spec at once. facepalm

and again, I don't think a single posting warlock on MMO cares about having to /use devour. any slightly descent warlock already had this bound and off auto-cast.

The fact that we got a free"mindless" dispel was a perk of the class, something specific to us in a PVE (ONLY) environment.

Basically what you are seeing is warlocks no longer "wasting--in terms of cata" their devour on a self-dispel (something that spellsteal was lacking...in wrath)and now locks would rather use it every time, since its the only thing felhunter dispel can do anymore. This is a simple A+B no longer = to C predicament that blizzard dint adjust for until now. I'm all for class development, but seeing notes after notes will dishearten even the illiterate mmo reader
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-25 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    No, it is not a large buff, when you compare it to 20% more damage done and hammer of wrath regardless of hp on cooldown, you damn tool

and apparently you cannot differentiate between warlock specs, since you pretty much just stated the buffs of every spec at once. facepalm

and again, I don't think a single posting warlock on MMO cares about having to /use devour. any slightly descent warlock already had this bound and off auto-cast
    You also know that other classes cant purge that good with other specs? I talk about all possibilities, like every Lock in here says that Shamans can spam purge for example.
    A 20% dmg buff for max 20 sec + hammer is important for Pala pvp, while it is a awesome burst, Mark of the wild or Kings give us much more over all dps in PvE and in arena fights that last longer than 1 min.
    And being able to remove nearly all purgeable buffs on a pally in 20 sec isnt too strong? And all that without costs. A fear agaisnt your pet is needed there all teh time. Also removing priest shield every 8 sec is pretty strong. In 2v2 abd 3v3 arena 20 sec CD is often enough for a purge, while it is a little weak in 5v5 maybe, but there you have other advantages.

Lets asume that your demon form as demo lock could be purged evertime you use it, without the ability to stop that. Would that be fair to you?
    Or that CCs on your pet would hold the full duration (1 min in many cases)? Your pets give you a lot of advantages based on what pet you pick. A fel hunter can already silence for PvP and is really nasty for a healer, without you having to do much. So get over that nerf. Purge is supposed to be a little more lucky and you should have to start purging early enough to take everything from your enemy to be able to purge the right thing at the right time. Else purge would be OP, what it currently is.
    So blizz nerfs purges and makes a lot of effects unpurgable (pala, priest, shaman).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    ROFL what!?
    minor nerf. nothing special
    minor nerf? dipelling one magic effect instead of two? that's a HUGE nerf... it will take twice as many gcds to cripple other healers.... no time for that in arena :S

Deleted
    Minor would have been:
    cooldown indreased to 10 from 8 seconds.

20 from 8 is huge

to the lock saying tranq shot is ok right now, yea if ur fighting a tank we have 100 focus(120 if bm) to begin with thats 5 dispells wooo i just spent 5 gcds did 15k dmg and the priest just bubbled and put renew on himself afterwards because im out of focus and my cobra/steady shot doesnt hit for much... interesting playstyle u have on ur hunter... when in the game u actually have to weave the tranq shots in at the right time while maintaining ur dmg because that shot does 0 dmg if u aint tried it out so as most hunters r marks ur saving 44 focus for a chim shot at all times so that 2-3 purges in like 10 seconds wow groundbreaking dispels i dare say!

ur being put in line with others(tho not mages) tho the cd might be a bit harsh it will even out and if its UP it will be buffed locks have never to my knowledge been UP in pvp. pve just leave it to the priests, shamans, and mages who get put in charge of dispels and pull out ur high dps pet instead and stop whining because ur not being used for something other then a dps machine(omg no wai lockz dont deepz only)

im extremely surprised by the amount of hate devour magic seems to be recieveing from everybody.
    while i would agree that under a SKILLFULL lock devour magic is extremely potent (when i say skillfull im talking 2.5k +)

but lets face it, most of us are not of that skill level. the ability to devour a hero (yes i know its going) or wrath omen of clarity etc etc is beyond most locks.

hence the reason i have seen liitle to 0 QQ from other classes about the ability. what gets me the most is the felhunter takes a double hit from losing a lot of self healing.

pet health i feel is not in a bad place atm but this nerf (which frustratingly appears to be in a very long line of nerfs patch after patch) is going 2 make our pets more succeptable to being trained.

this increases our reliance on pet control even more (which can be annoying at the best of times).

im not going to talk about other classes and what they can do because im not one of them who believe all things should be the same, long term it only ruines the game.

i just feel locks are becoming less like locks with every patch. its frustrating 2 because the majority of people who compain about these things do it for the sake of it rather then genuine reasons. resto shammys piss me off so much atm its unreal, rather than ask them to be nerfed id ask other locks who are highly rated how they deal with them and go from there. so tired of the hate locks get atm. the class is easy to play yes, but to play it at the highest levels (both pve and pvp) i would say its one of the most difficult, hence the reason why locks are now the least played class in the game.

no1 disputes locks have a lot of abilitys but the fact remains these abilities are all of different specs/pets. so lay off the locks a bit, last time locks were TRULY OP was back in the days of SL/SL and shadowbolt stacking in raids

Deleted
    if u have a problem reroll to shaman/priest and lets see how "unbalalanced" it is ... seriosly stop QQ, locks are OP, nearly every op class will be nerfed in some way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    QQ more. Lock pets dont need enough skill. Ever class has to care about when silencing and interrupting while locks can have it on autocast.
    Autocast is a bad mechanic for most spells. Only AA and the main cast should be on autocast while you ahve to take care of the rest. It is part of your class to controll your pet. People crying about autocast being removed from one ability should learn how to use hotkeys and modifiers.

Like i wrote above. You dont need a GCD and mana, the 2 most important resources in fights together with CD. So now you have one that matters on that spell.
    Purge got nerfed a lot.
    GCD and mana is really high so that purgeing all the time isnt possible, especially when they ahve to heal and cleanse a lot while moving.

Burn mana costs a lot of mana and with the current mechanics you can get behind an object to evade it and it also has a good cast time. With all the interrupots now that doesnt make so much problems. But if Mana burn is ever OP they are going to nerf or remove it, too.

But i am also for increased costs on mana burn and nerf to priests purges (purge one magic effect like shamans and mass despell CD of 5-8 sec), but they dont matter that much cause of casttime and GCD.

Mark of teh wild is a really strong buff that costs a hell of mana. Removing it is a big advantage.

Frost mages got nerfed:
    - ice lance agaisnt frozen targets => 15% less dmg
    - ice lance with FoF => same dmg
    - ice lance without anything => same dmg

All frost dmg agaisnt frozen target got reduced by 15% while Ice lance gets that dmg back when having a FoF proc and frost bolt gets that dmg always now.
    => more casting for frostmages, less dmg whiel you are in frost nova or a cast time (then yo ucan get out of the nova fast enough). 8 sec CC duration where mages have liek druids the most forms of CC (sheep, stuns, roots, slows). That is a big nerf for mages and frost mages.

And as a Warlock you should never compalin about mages, cause you are their natural counter. Losing as a Lock against a Mage when you have same gear and skill cant really happen.
    Learn to read. I'm not complaining about the nerf, if you look at my post, there are CHOICES on how they could've handled the nerf. It's called OVERNERFING. Making the whole spell completely pointless. It's not even a "reactive spell" in the sense that it will just randomly dispel something even if you save it for a "special" buff. Random is random.

It is on auto-cast in the first place because it is pointless. With the randomness of dispel and how it's not a defensive dispel anymore, no one macros this skill anymore. Auto-cast or not, they need not to cripple this ability by giving both a long cooldown and removing auto-cast. That is just absurd.

They can nerf it but they need to nerf it on the same level where it is not going to be pointless. Hell, they could replace Devour Magic with another ability right now, and no one would complain.

And did I QQ about Mages against Locks? There are other classes in this game. I know about the damage nerf, but you still need more nerfs to your control. Warriors and ferals' mobility has been gutted, but you still retained your control over them, how is that even going to be remotely justifiable once the patch hits?. Their mobility nerfs are a buff to us, but it's also an unwarranted buff to frost. Which is stupid.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-01-25 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    On a 8 sec cooldown that removed 1 buff got nerfed to a now 20second cd..
    meanwhile purge, spellsteal, dispel are still spammable. so much for blizzard wanting to make warlocks more reliant on pets.
    Purge will only remove one instead of two buffs, I would call that a huge nerf. Also it costs a lot of mana, so it is hardly "spammable".

Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    wut. It's a minor nerf. Why should purge be spammable and remove twice as many buffs as anyone else's dispels in the game?
    Because A: Priests dispel works on friendly targets as well.
    Because B: Mages spell steal also gives the the buff.
    Purge is far weaker than both of the others now.
    Last edited by mmoc1df88a5b9d; 2011-01-25 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    you have fairly short cd dispell that costs you virtually nothing, not even global and can free you from cc and you dare to complain?
    it would still be powerfull even with 30 sec cd, especially when you are nearly immortal cause of way too strong self heals.

if 50% nerf is minor then i dont want to see big nerf...
    How about reading the spells which changed some months ago?
    First thing, it isnt a defensive dispell anymore...
    and all the time before, you had a CHANCE to clear a sheep or something else!
    Sometimes it was damn useful, like a good mage armor reducing the duration of a cc, sometimes it dispelled the frostbolt slow or the frost mage crit debuff (you know, smart mages applyed a rank 1 frostbolt before sheep).

33% chance to dispel the sheep, many people in forums didnt know that, thats not a auto-cc-dispell.

Removing a buff for free every 8 seconds was insane.

Deleted
    we should go raid the priest forum with QQ
    yeah because priests totally rock in pvp right now

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Removing a buff for free every 8 seconds was insane.
    with no mana cost and you don´t have to do anything for it.

5% less main stats and (what is around 250) and 100 less resistence. That makes a lot. If you dont see that it isnt my problem.
    If you're spell pen. capped, dispelling those resistances changes nothing. (or if you have CoE up to counter those resitances on them too). So if your pet dispells say... Shadow Reistance, it was a wasted CD.

Deleted
    to the nerf:

I just can't understand why every pet of us can only do one signifanct pvp spell. We already choose a pet, but a dumb dk pet or any, any hunter pet can do more tricks than counterspell OR seduce (lol whiplash) OR selfdispell (lol flee) + Soul link.

Auto-dispell required of course no brain, devour magic was never meant to be permanent offensive. It could be used for both purposes, offensive and defensive (mostly defensive). Now nerfing it again with the huge cooldown (i really dont care about auto-dispel) is just bad design when all other dispels ingame are so incredibly strong (RBG: strand of the ancients, all flag carrier-bgs)

PS: sry for bad english, it isnt my first language

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 05:11 PM ----------

Thats the dumbest thing i have ever read. Every time you was kicked by a warlock, the pet a.i. did it, not the warlock? You recognize a bad warlock when his pet is on auto-cs. Of course are auto-spells bad, a felhunter with auto-cs will use it every time its ready!
    Nerfing our only offensive dispel because of this to 20 seconds isnt fine.
    Last edited by mmoc2b0bcd8f6a; 2011-01-25 at 05:18 PM.