Thread: Question

Question

I stumbled upon a site. That "Leases" and yes I did say leases video cards depending on the card. For example the Ge Force 580 GTX that retails 500 dollars plus delivery, you can have delivered to you UPS 3 day mail for 47.15 a month. From my understanding you lease the video card for 12 months, and either "Buy it out option" or keep making payments online with paypal.

The interesting thing about this company is not only they are only ones who do it. But when a better, newer video card comes out. You can send in the one you have and they will send you the newer one for 47 dollars a month. To my understanding this is the "Only" company that does something like this. Could I give the link out so pro people can review it and give me their feedback or would it be a violation of some forum rule

15+ Year Old Account
    Go for it, we can snip the link if we feel something is sketchy / bad about it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Okay well here goes,

http://cuttingedgegamer.com/

I will explain the simple process of this. No, I do not work for them but I was calling them before when they just opened up, which was only a few months ago. I was speaking to them interested in their product before I actually ordered from them, before they had any customers.

As you click on the link, go to "Cards" I suppose the price has been uped since I ordered. However it works like this. Video cards are expensive, no one is denying that I think. It cost 500 dollars as it stands for a bad ass, Ge Force 580 GTX which I what I have. If you're like me then you don't have that much cash at one time to pay for a video card. Therefore the only website that I know does this.

1. Lease a video card for 12 months, then click a "Buy it now option" for just 52 dollars. They will send you the video card of your choice still in the package, however the catch is you don't own it. You are just leasing it.

They have two options, you can either sign on for 12 months, pay 52 dollars a month. What I had been informed is a "Buy it out option" at the end of the 12 months and you own it. Or you can sign on for another 12 months, and if a video card is released that is better then what you have. Then you simply package the one you have, send it back and you get the better one.

It explains it all on the website. I was very interested in this because why had no one thought of this? we do rent a center's for TV's, sofa's and what not. Why not for video gaming. Of course there are pros and cons. They are in business to make money so you may pay in the long term for a video card more then you would if you bought it outright. However I would be very interested to hear what the gaming community thinks of this.

I can say they are not a scam. I thought they may have been at first, because the cell phone number on the page I couldn't reach anyone. It was because they are still a tiny corporation. What are people thought's? questions?