Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Permanent +80 Stamina buff? Did I miss something?
    Base stat, Int, Str, Agi, I didn't want to limit the conversation to Casters only more than I already have
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Perhaps it is becoming Unique-Equip instead. Remember that it's data-mined.

Or it could really just not be changing at all, and it's one of those weird things. Maybe it's unique-equip but in a family, like heroic vs regular trinkets that are unique-equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahzell View Post
    I really doubt that.
    My guess is that they will make them Unique-Equipped instead.
    That way you can have one for each of your specs gemmed and reforged different, something you can't do now.
    Unique, And Unique-equipped are exactly the same as of right not, because they cannot be DE'd, the change would be to make it so you could have 2, but for no legitimate reason.

EDIT: You can already have 2 different trinkets, because they are Unique, which applies to the same name, they'd have to state "You may only have one alchemist trinket at a time". Even though they would be unique, they have different names, which makes the two seperate trinkets not alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    Unique, And Unique-equipped are exactly the same as of right not, because they cannot be DE'd, the change would be to make it so you could have 2, but for no legitimate reason.
    I don't understand your reasoning. What's 'no legitimate reason' mean and what are you applying it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Disastrophe View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning. What's 'no legitimate reason' mean and what are you applying it to?
    If you can't wear 2, there would be absolutely NO reason to make 2 trinkets, which is all changing from Unique to unique equipped would accomplish. Basically, all they would be doing is making it so you can waste mats for no reason

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The removal of the 'unique' tag makes this an interesting change.

As to whether or not the intention is to allow you to use two of the same trinket, or just two trinkets, but no the same remains to be seen.

If it is the case where you can wear two of the same? I'll stack 2x Int trinkets. Otherwise, I see pretty much every Alch using the Stam+Mastery trinket as their secondary unless they have a better one from raids, etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, I think at one point I wore both the healer and caster SSO-rep lifestones back in BC or early on in WotLK. I believe that these were unique-equipped trinkets which would be enough to reason that certain classes could benefit from wearing one of each (bears come to mind with the +stam and +agi ones).

And as others have stated, the 40% pot bonus does NOT stack -- that much I was sure of from previous experiences with the dual trinkets.
    Last edited by Icenine; 2011-01-25 at 08:17 PM. Reason: duel trinkets would be fighting each other -- that could get ugly. Let's stick with dual trinkets.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icenine View Post
    If I remember correctly, I think at one point I wore both the healer and caster SSO-rep lifestones back in BC or early on in WotLK. I believe that these were unique-equipped trinkets which would be enough to reason that certain classes could benefit from wearing one of each (bears come to mind with the +stam and +agi ones).

And as others have stated, the 40% pot bonus does NOT stack -- that much I was sure of from previous experiences with the duel trinkets.
    See, I couldn't remember if that was possible as I only ever made one on my shaman. However, if that is the case, the only reason I can see for the removal of the 'unique' tag would be to allow for 2x of the same trinket.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    See, I couldn't remember if that was possible as I only ever made one on my shaman. However, if that is the case, the only reason I can see for the removal of the 'unique' tag would be to allow for 2x of the same trinket.
    Well, if all lifestones share a "family" (like non-heroic and heroic trinkets do now), you wouldn't be able to craft say an +agi trinket if you're already wearing/holding a +stam one if it stayed unique. This would basically suck, meaning that you'd be stuck with having only one of your specs have an optimal trinket (+int for ele sham) and being left out in the dust for your offspec (+agi for enhancement).

Unique-equipped will either allow for, at best, dual wearing of different family member trinkets, or in the worst case scenario, have one trinket for each of your two differing specs, provided the specs need different trinkets to begin with.
    Last edited by Icenine; 2011-01-25 at 08:24 PM. Reason: There I go with the damn fighting trinkets again. Fixed duel typo yet again.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if all lifestones share a "family" (like non-heroic and heroic trinkets do now), you wouldn't be able to craft say an +agi trinket if you're already wearing/holding a +stam one if it stayed unique. This would basically suck, meaning that you'd be stuck with having only one of your specs have an optimal trinket (+int for ele sham) and being left out in the dust for your offspec (+agi for enhancement).

Unique-equipped will either allow for, at best, dual wearing of different family member trinkets, or in the worst case scenario, have one trinket for each of your two differing specs, provided the specs need different trinkets to begin with.
    Thanks. I was most certainly not understanding the specifics of the 'unique' and 'unique-equipped' tags.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unique: Alchemists stone (1)

I reckon that's how it's gonna end up.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

This is untrue, test it with the rare unique Wrath trinkets, you can craft, and wear 2 seperate trinkets

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is untrue, test it with the rare unique Wrath trinkets, you can craft, and wear 2 seperate trinkets
    I see what you're saying now -- and I was getting ready to blast you for not reading my previous posts.

Overall, it doesn't matter what the tag (unique or unique-equipped) is in this case, I think. I'd say that there's no way that we'll be able to wear two of the identical trinket (ie: 2 +int) although we will be able to have 1 of each differing stat trinket (which I did say in the previous post :P). The only way unique/unique-equipped would be of any consequence is if you want to have two of the same trinket just gemmed/reforged in a different manner (reforged to crit for your fire mage spec and left with haste for your frost/arcane spec). Unique would make that impossible; unique-equipped would allow it to happen.

I see what you're saying now -- and I was getting ready to blast you for not reading my previous posts.

Overall, it doesn't matter what the tag (unique or unique-equipped) is in this case, I think. I'd say that there's no way that we'll be able to wear two of the identical trinket (ie: 2 +int) although we will be able to have 1 of each differing stat trinket (which I did say in the previous post :P). The only way unique/unique-equipped would be of any consequence is if you want to have two of the same trinket just gemmed/reforged in a different manner (reforged to crit for your fire mage spec and left with haste for your frost/arcane spec). Unique would make that impossible; unique-equipped would allow it to happen.
    Yes, this is what I've been saying the whole time. BUT (Bold, underlined, and italicized cause I'm super serious) none of those changes would provide any real affect. It would be cheaper to regem and reforge than craft a new trinket, and since they cannot be DE'd, they would be no other reason to have 2 on your person at any given time.

As it stands now the wording implies that you can wear 2 of the same, which is probably a pipe dream considering how close they are for BIS before heroic mode raids. One might assume they are going to change this later because its just PTR. But man 2 Vibrant Alchemist stones would be GG.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroGhozt View Post
    As it stands now the wording implies that you can wear 2 of the same, which is probably a pipe dream considering how close they are for BIS before heroic mode raids. One might assume they are going to change this later because its just PTR. But man 2 Vibrant Alchemist stones would be GG.
    Yep, and all logic states that there would be no real reason to change from Unique to Unique-equipped, but hell, it's blizzard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cheaper to regem and reforge than craft a new trinket, and since they cannot be DE'd, they would be no other reason to have 2 on your person at any given time.
    I completely on the same page with you now, other than this. There is no way in hell I'd want to interrupt my raid because I need to hearth back to Org to reforge my trinket. I'll spend the extra hour farming and just make 2 of the same trinket :P

Deleted
    2 x Vibrant Alchemist Stones? Yes please.