Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    I think what irks most people is not that people ask, it should be as simple as:

Post #1 - Can I dual wield
    Post #2 - No
    /thread

Maybe then people wouldn't get so tired of these threads, it's because people come in with misinformed and idiotic opinions that Nerves of Cold Steel makes it viable, or more Bloodworms makes it good, or threat isn't an issue it doesn't matter, or that 2H weapons don't have tanking stats, or EVEN that Blizzard has a 1H tanking runeforge so it must be viable.
    Or we can get a sticky up top like we did for dummy dps threads.

Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    I think what irks most people is not that people ask, it should be as simple as:

Post #1 - Can I dual wield
    Post #2 - No
    /thread

Maybe then people wouldn't get so tired of these threads, it's because people come in with misinformed and idiotic opinions that Nerves of Cold Steel makes it viable, or more Bloodworms makes it good, or threat isn't an issue it doesn't matter, or that 2H weapons don't have tanking stats, or EVEN that Blizzard has a 1H tanking runeforge so it must be viable.
    basically what would make things ALL the more clear is put DW as a perk in the frost tree like they did with shaman. If your not frost you no longer have the confusing option to DW. or even better move NoCS to tier 3 frost and add DW to that talent so you don't think that just because your frost and get DW that you need to use it. apparently these concepts are too complicated to do since blizzard patch after patch just adds stupid rules to other talents instead of making the ones that are causing the confusion unreachable to all specs save the one it is truly related to.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Or we can get a sticky up top like we did for dummy dps threads.

Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!
    Something that goes in that direction is on its way

Quote Originally Posted by zabraba View Post
    Supplying numbers wasn't directed at you. You did nothing wrong except not looking through a few pages to see if the question had been asked. You had a question about your idea. You didn't try to pass off your idea as if it was correct.

It was directed at anyone providing the completely false information regarding DW Blood being competitive or better than 2H. People who provide complete garbage information, whether they like to go against the norm to needlessly stand out or are unwilling to accept their idea is bad, have no place in replying to these threads. Passing on bad information does nothing to help the person asking the question and can only hurt others who read it and believe the garbage spewed from those who have an idea but are too lazy/afraid to run numbers to see its ACTUAL viability.

The reason the replies weren't nice is because of how often this question comes up and how many times everyone says "no, no, no, and no." Also, how many times someone thinks they're smarter than Elitist Jerks and the DK theorycrafters, yet don't have anything to back up their idea. I have no problem with people going against the norm if they have a real idea going. I have a problem when people don't do the proper testing and still decide to spread their idea as if it's tried and true.

tl;dr: If you can't back up the information you're providing with a parse, math as to why your idea is viable, or anything at all besides flawed logic that MIGHT back up your idea, don't share it in a thread asking for information. You're not a special snowflake until you can actually PROVE your idea is anywhere near competitive.
    Thank you and I did see some posts directed towards others but it seemed as if a lot were pointed at me in a bad way. Yes, you're right, I didn't sift through the information to find previous posts about this because I didn't feel like it. And, I can understand how annoying that it can be to see the same question asked again and again, it bothers me as well but like was said, if its asked as often as stated then a simple "yes you can" or "no you can't" is a viable answer and I would have been content with it. And yes the idea of the dual wielding was a theory I had came up with while looking at the specs. I never did read about death knight changes. All I knew was that they have a devoted tanking tree now. And, I do apologize that I was one more to add to the countless others who have asked this question. But honestly it still doesn't excuse the rude comments but whatever its just the internet, right? If everyone got mad over petty things on the internet we would never be anywhere.

I don't know why DK's are allowed to DW being a melee magic user that leads to loads of troubles with balance in wotlk and now in cata in Unholy...
    I think they should just wrap the 2 DW frost talents into one remove the baseline ability to DW and slap it also in that talent, and do what they did with warriors - 2 possibilities for a 31 pointer- one would be for DW the other for 2H

on - topic : DW blood will never work you got at least 90% of your dmg as physical- the reason why unholy was good in DW was cuz it has a higher % magic DMG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigermortis View Post
    Thank you and I did see some posts directed towards others but it seemed as if a lot were pointed at me in a bad way. Yes, you're right, I didn't sift through the information to find previous posts about this because I didn't feel like it. And, I can understand how annoying that it can be to see the same question asked again and again, it bothers me as well but like was said, if its asked as often as stated then a simple "yes you can" or "no you can't" is a viable answer and I would have been content with it. And yes the idea of the dual wielding was a theory I had came up with while looking at the specs. I never did read about death knight changes. All I knew was that they have a devoted tanking tree now. And, I do apologize that I was one more to add to the countless others who have asked this question. But honestly it still doesn't excuse the rude comments but whatever its just the internet, right? If everyone got mad over petty things on the internet we would never be anywhere.
    You did nothing wrong and your curiosity is obviously not uncommon. DKs have been through a ton of changes in their short life span and it can definitely be hard to keep up unless you follow things relatively closely. Hopefully getting a sticky on this topic so that others will not end up going down the same bumpy road
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-01-28 at 06:18 AM.