10+ Year Old Account

Is hunter t11 4 set bonus worth it?

Before i start i did make the search for any topic like this but to be honest i didnt find any! (either i am blind or there arent :P)

So my question as tittle says is regarding hunter 4 set bonus. Since i play survival my professions are engineer and jewelcrafting so my helm is the crafted one and as i can see beside HC tier head nothing beats it. I already have chest and shoulders but so my doubt is should i change my legs from Nezir TofW which stats are hit+ crit for the set ones with crit and haste just for that BA instant damage which will be once in every 24 seconds and loose the hit of my actual legs and possibly crit by the reforges ill need to do in order reach the hit cap again?

Thanks in advance for your comments (if it will be any )
    Retired

Deleted
    The 4-set bonus will be changed with 4.0.6 to reduce Steady and Cobra casttime by 0.2s. You'll need less haste from gear to reach the 1.66s casttime for sv and can reforge some haste to crit/mastery which is of more value.
    But as always, check your spreadsheet/ femaledwarf.com for a clear answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a 100% correct answer currently, basically because there isn't a whole lot of testing on it. There was talk of haste changes and how haste affects hunters (i.e making it a more valuable stat) and this might affect how good 4p set bonus really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh well thanks for the replies anyway ill still keep looking around to make my choices as good as they can be
    Retired

I would say that once the 4 set bonus gets changed its worth it, its indeed a very powerfull bonus.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Enough to reach certain plateaus, like someone mentioned for SV, that would be a 1.66s Cobra Shot. I've looked at this .2 seconds thing, and on the face of it, it looks exactly like a time compensation for having to push a button. .2 is really not that much in the scheme of things, especially since things like network lag can knock that .2 right off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrils View Post
    t11 for hunter has a lot of haste but i see people saying haste is not goo for hunters, im confused

how much haste should a hunter have?
    enough to make you explosive shot cast time below 1.67 cast time so you can get 3 between each steady.

This about 6% for a non goblin and 5% for a goblin.

Sllightly more is desirable for compensate for any slight latency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrils View Post
    well my haste is 9.34% but i dont think i can shoot 3 explosives beteen a steady shot

I hope you mean 3 cobra shots between explosives. You only need like 6% haste for that (1.66 cast time). Also you have way too much hit and should reforge it to something useful like crit, which is really low for you.

Also when I put my hunter in femaledwarf.com, I showed T11 non-heroic helm as being better than my engi helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
    Enough to reach certain plateaus, like someone mentioned for SV, that would be a 1.66s Cobra Shot. I've looked at this .2 seconds thing, and on the face of it, it looks exactly like a time compensation for having to push a button. .2 is really not that much in the scheme of things, especially since things like network lag can knock that .2 right off.
    Actually, .2 seconds off CoS cast is equivalent to a lot of haste rating (I couldn't tell you exactly how much) and will allow you to put those points into other valuable stats.