Deleted

Shadow priest haste soft caps

hello all,

this is my first post although ive been a silent follower of this forum for quite some time

armory prof (to get an idea of my raiding level and gear) : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/shadowbirth/advanced

for the lazy ones : my stats are :
    spell power : 6385
    haste :1591
    crit:1348
    hit : 17,05%
    mastery :552

(intelect 4441)

I am getting confused with the haste caps that apply to my dots, for example :

SWP : +2 ticks = 1565 haste
    DP : +2 ticks = 1346
    VT : +2 ticks = 2140

further ticks require ridiculous amounts of haste that dont exist with the current items available. (4k haste etc... out of the picture)

atm i got 1591 haste , from the research ive done , it looks like there is no reason to get any more haste and i should focus getting crit and mastery higher.

1. Am i in the right path ? are my calculations and assumptions correct ?

2. Is the a minimum amount of mastery i should have? (if not since haste will not give me any extra dps , i can solely focus on crit.)

thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc7f22962f6b; 2011-01-26 at 02:25 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is still your most valuable stat even after these "soft caps". In this tier, Haste does begin to devalue around 2500 Haste because of the neglecting of Crit/Mastery to get there.

There is no minimum level of Mastery to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    More haste means faster casts while re-applyng DOTS or MFing which means less downtime.
    At the current tier adding haste will always boost your dps

Deleted
    There's no soft caps because you shouldn't be letting your dots drop off, thus extra ticks don't matter. More haste makes your dots tick faster at any level of haste.