Thread: Rift will......

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift will......

...just hold those who are tired of WoW over until GW2 or SWTOR comes out, in my opinion.

Played the beta, and this game is a carbon copy of WoW with a few new elements. I've played WoW since vanilla, and from the moment I started playing it for the next few years, it was too fun to put down. I suffered many times at work from lack of sleep because I wanted to get to that next level or was in a good UBRS farming group and didn't want to stop. I first tried Rift at PAX, because it was one of the few Kiosks that was empty and there was no line. I felt the same way then as I do after playing the beta last night. This game looks prettier, the multiple class system is great, but it doesn't intrigue me like WoW first did. I know that it's in the beta and not the final version, but I've been through several betas and know that at this point, aside from stability, a few minor bugs, and cosmetic changes, this is it, this is what the heart of the game is.

So for now, I'll be playing DCUO, Which is quite fun, until SWTOR comes out. I tried SWTOR at PAX as well, and was kicked off the machine 5 times because I was playing too much, gave me the same feeling as when I first started playing WoW.

These parody threads are getting really lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... crash and burn hilariously?

Every game that attempts to copy WoW has failed miserably. The only way to succeed in the MMO market is to do something different. After all, who the hell wants to play a WoW clone when WoW exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    ... crash and burn hilariously?

Every game that attempts to copy WoW has failed miserably. The only way to succeed in the MMO market is to do something different. After all, who the hell wants to play a WoW clone when WoW exists?
    Agree. Obviously every new MMO is just another WoW clone. WoW #1.

Srs.
    Hi

Deleted
    Rift will.........be its on game.

Some ppl will play rift, some ppl will play WoW and some ppl will play both...

Don't know what the draw is to Rift. Just doesn't look cool to me. Of course, I'll have to play it to know for sure, but there is nothing that's making me even want to in the first place. Meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Agree. Obviously every new MMO is just another WoW clone. WoW #1.

Srs.
    No, seriously, have you been on the Rift beta? It's damn near a carbon copy aside from graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is in the wrong forum; it should be in Video Games. However, if I moved it there, the offtopic mods would get angry and start throwing chairs at me because there are like 105810 Rift threads there, so I'm going to ask you to post in an existing Rift thread there for the sake of my own health.

Thanks.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines