justice point cap

can someone explain how this works please? im at the 4k jp cap. kill heroic bosses= no jp or extra gold. once the last boss is dead i get like 80G. am i getting shortchanged on the other bosses? just cant figure this out.

Deleted
    80g is from random dungeon daily

You are at 4000 JP, 4000JP is the cap. Not sure how this is complicated. Every heroic boss you kill should give you 70 but you are getting 0 because your full. Go spend some points and then you can earn more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy some heirloom gear or offspec gear... or wait until 4.0.6 is deployed and spend points on trade goods.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

whats complicated is i swear i read somewhere that after the cap they would be converted in to gold, i guess maybe that only meant for people that had more than 4k when cata launched. and i have all the 1-80 heirlooms . guess i will have to blow it all on prof mats come patch. just thought it would be cool to stay at 4k cap and get like 50g a heroic boss. too good to be true i spose

10+ Year Old Account
    The only gold conversion they ever did pre-cata was for any dungeon emblems that WEREN'T frost/triumph.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

here is just one of things i read. i see the misunderstanding now. i still think the way i was thinking would be fair and reasonable also. maybe somethin for the sugestion forums.

Players cannot stockpile more than 4,000 Justice Points at any time by normal means of running instances.

However, if the one-time emblem-to-point conversion grants the player more than 4,000 Justice Points, they will be unable to accumulate any additional Justice Points until they have spent the excess. Come Patch 4.0.3, any Justice Points above 4,000 will be immediately converted to gold at a ratio of 47S 50C per Justice Point.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it would be cool if JP converted to gold when you're at the cap, I forsee that as an incredibly lucrative/abusable system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    While it would be cool if JP converted to gold when you're at the cap, I forsee that as an incredibly lucrative/abusable system.
    Buy / vendor JP gear. Get more JP. Solved.

can you vendor the jp gear? had to delete all my wrath ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Buy / vendor JP gear. Get more JP. Solved.
    True, though you're talking 2200JP to 7 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    True, though you're talking 2200JP to 7 gold.
    Offhand weapons can be bought at 950 per, and sold at around 27 gold each. Just saying.

OT: You are not getting cheated, the 80g was from the dungeon completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

You could disenchant offhands, vendor many of the items or find something else to purchase with JP. The mammoth mount in Dal for 2175 is an option. Also if you ever plan to get shadowmourne you could go but your 25 primodial saronite and 226 JP each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    You could disenchant offhands, vendor many of the items or find something else to purchase with JP. The mammoth mount in Dal for 2175 is an option. Also if you ever plan to get shadowmourne you could go but your 25 primodial saronite and 226 JP each.
    hmmm, good point, hadn't thought of collecting older stuff, and I do need to up my enchanting....