Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valor Points Earned from Heroic Randoms

Hi. I just wish to state my opinion on this matter because I do heavily agree upon it and I know a ton of people out there, including members of my own guild, who hate doing heroics because of these reasons.

Heroics have become quite tedious for me as I have to find dependable people from my guild (sometimes they don't even want to run heroics) just so that I can get the valor points. In fact, I hate that I am forced to run these heroics just for the valor points. Don't pull the LFG card, why take the chance from pugs who end up screwing themselves and thus the whole party at raid encounters and wasting the time you waited for queue. I do raid, but at times I don't even end up hitting the weekly cap. Not only that, but why even have a cap for the Valor Points earned. There is a minimum and a maximum of valor points that are earn able each week. You can earn 975 valor points (1050 from Sinestra heroic) from 10 man killing all the bosses (including argaloth) in total, and 1170 valor points earned (1260 from Sinestra heroic) from 25 man killing all the bosses (including argaloth) in total. This means that the maximum amount of valor points earned are 1170, and the minimum are either 0 or 75/90. This means that you are forced to run heroics to hit the cap when Blizzard hypocritically keeps freaking telling us they don't want to force us to do anything, WELL THEN WHY THE F**K DO WE HAVE TO KEEP RUNNING THIS CRAP THEN!!!

In fact why even have valor points from heroic randoms. The heroics purpose were to gear players up from the Justice Points earned and Rare gear to epic gear. Don't use the "they want players to earn raid gear" card, if thats so then what was the point of earning these rare gear in the first place. The rare gear can be considered raid gear in the first place since they are dependable pieces of loot that aren't easy to replace till raids and still work quite well even in heroic raids.

I hate that I have to agree with people at times about how this game has become nothing but a grind. I don't want to login for the heroics when I am sitting with fat epics. In fact, I rather play my alt or try to level up my secondary professions then constantly do this crap.

If there had been hypocrisy in Blizzard's statements, then it isn't too late to change their statements next patch or in the future, or EVEN NOW.

Either significantly reduce the cap and the overall price of the epics from vendors or remove the entire cap and valor points earned from heroics.

Thanks

PS. Sorry for the terrible grammar if there was any mistakes in how I wrote this.

EDIT:

My average ilevel is 355, sorry if I meant that fat epics mean 359-372 ilevel of gear.
    Last edited by FattGuy; 2011-01-28 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    I hate that I am forced to run these heroics just for the valor points.
    I wouldn't say you are forced. You are doing it to get better gear from content that you actually no longer should get gear from.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

I've had plenty of successful pugs. That's the risk you take using it, and it's also a function of it being early in the xpac. Pugging LK heroics was a joke and never once in the end (after 3.3ish) were there any problems.

Of course the game is a grind - what do you want, new content daily? There is tons to do out there.

I would say, though, that I'd appreciate a little more VPs from the daily heroic. I don't think 32 days of heroics (32*70 = 2240) should be required for one piece of gear. Even 25 days would be better.

I do think they're trying to keep epics epic, though.

Its there so that the casuals and not so eliet guilds can progress withough going into raid every night and still advance there gear, you dont have to do a random just as you dont have to do a raid.
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

can I ask why there is such a need for you to hit the cap for valor especially when you are already sitting in fat epics. ?

15+ Year Old Account
    So essentially, you want to do something one time and never do it again? Just get everything you need all at once? That seems ridiculous.

Actually I have to say that a LOT of people i play with feel the same way, they see heroics as a lot of work for too little reward (70 VP) towards gear that is SLIGHTLY better than heroic gear. Many people just quit running heroics i have noticed lately once they get the heroic gear they need to raid.

Of course some people are going to say "if you want the gear you have to work for it, dont be a wrath baby and expect epics to be given away!" Unfortunately to people who work 40+ hour work weeks and are raiding in the evenings on weekdays....there just isnt time for heroics unfortunately. I know somone will say "OMG i do heroics in 20min!", and if thats true (rarely/doubtful) then i am jealous.

If i had it my way they would release another boss in BH at least, the current one is a joke (and always drops pvp gear
    Last edited by Ozy; 2011-01-28 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Of course the game is a grind - what do you want, new content daily? There is tons to do out there.
    Okay, I understand the stupidity of what of what I said there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentreenay View Post
    Its there so that the casuals and not so eliet guilds can progress withough going into raid every night and still advance there gear, you dont have to do a random just as you dont have to do a raid.
    You're a fool. You can advance your gear from just killing the bosses from raids, or craft epics. And I am not saying that casuals shouldn't be getting gear as well, I am stating you are being forced to run these heroics just to hit the weekly cap so there is a chance for you to get the gear. That is why I am saying either reduce the cap and the overall price of the epic gear obtainable from vendors or just remove the weekly cap and valor points earned from heroic dailies. Epics are EPIC and Rare gear should still mean something players. I know this because i still enchants even my blue gear with the best enchants/gems out there, obviously not the ones with the stupid maelstrom crystals since they cost 1-2k gold in my server on the AH, but you get what I mean.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    can I ask why there is such a need for you to hit the cap for valor especially when you are already sitting in fat epics. ?
    I need the tier tokens for my 2/4 set when I just have the normal epics. And my guild are still trying to gear up the others first before me. MY average ilevel is 355, I'll edit my post.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann View Post
    So essentially, you want to do something one time and never do it again? Just get everything you need all at once? That seems ridiculous.
    How does that sound ridiculous. Ellaborate Bro!

15+ Year Old Account
    if you're raiding, you don't have to do heroics to get the gear, you just get the gear faster if you do and apart from tier, alternatives drop in raids or from reps so you don't need EVERY VP item. hell, one tier piece can be saved for you from a freaking loot piñata if you're that anal about VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely do heroics. The only time I do them is if people from my guild want to do Achievement runs (I still don't have it!). If you WANT to hit VP cap then run your heroics. If you don't want to run YOUR ONE HEROIC PER DAY then miss out on you VP. It's a fair trade off. Heroics take MAYBE an hour with a decent group.

Heroics are there, as you said, to prep you for raiding. The one time VP bonus is just a little extra Blizzard wants to give you. The time it would probably take someone to get enough VP to buy the T11 gear from the vendor the next patch might already be out.

I hate that I have to agree with people at times about how this game has become nothing but a grind. I don't want to login for the heroics when I am sitting with fat epics. In fact, I rather play my alt or try to level up my secondary professions then constantly do this crap.
    If you're sitting fat with epics then why do you need VP? Saving for T12? Off Set? I mean my GS ... excuse me ... my average ilvl is 352(equipped) and I haven't done a random heroic in about a week.

You should go level your secondary profs. Pop into the LFD queue go level them and do your heroic. YOU want to hit VP cap. Blizzard never said you HAD to. Shoot, I was JP capped when cata dropped and I haven't been close since. You're the one that wants to hit the cap, so either do what you need to do to hit that cap or stop complaining.

For the record, saving VP is probably a bad idea. I'm reasonably certain that VP will convert to JP upon the release of new content to prevent people from just stock piling, because as pointed out, many raiders are already to the point where there is almost no motivation to even acquire VP anymore. People who have raided from week 1 are working on offsets by now, for the most part, or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I rarely do heroics. The only time I do them is if people from my guild want to do Achievement runs (I still don't have it!). If you WANT to hit VP cap then run your heroics. If you don't want to run YOUR ONE HEROIC PER DAY then miss out on you VP. It's a fair trade off. Heroics take MAYBE an hour with a decent group.

Heroics are there, as you said, to prep you for raiding. The one time VP bonus is just a little extra Blizzard wants to give you. The time it would probably take someone to get enough VP to buy the T11 gear from the vendor the next patch might already be out.

If you're sitting fat with epics then why do you need VP? Saving for T12? Off Set? I mean my GS ... excuse me ... my average ilvl is 352(equipped) and I haven't done a random heroic in about a week.

You should go level your secondary profs. Pop into the LFD queue go level them and do your heroic. YOU want to hit VP cap. Blizzard never said you HAD to. Shoot, I was JP capped when cata dropped and I haven't been close since. You're the one that wants to hit the cap, so either do what you need to do to hit that cap or stop complaining.
    Most of my guild mates and including myself, have the cataclysm heroic drake. The VP goes to 0 onces a new patch is out.

Maybe you should understand that they IN FACT forcing us to reach that cap because you have to run a few heroics to get to the cap. Thats why I am suggesting just to reduce the cap and the price, or remove VP from heroic dailies and the weekly cap. I like their current system, just hate that we have to run heroics for the gear.

Also what extra reward, you were running heroics for the rare gear for epic gear, that was the only reason why I ran heroics at the time. Now each day I have to run the heroics to get the cap.

Well lets assume u not killing Sinestra, and ignore anything related to her.

so if you are in 12/12 25 man rading guild u get 13x90 = 1170, so you need ONE heroic a week to hit weekly cap, 2 if you are anal about 10 VP.

And well if you are in 10 man rading guild you need to run 5 heroics. But hey 25 man raids need some advantage...

Removing VP from random is NOT an option period ever. Right now this is (outside PvP which is another matter.. i mean free epic every 1.5 weeks really?) the one of two ways MOST people can get epics right now.
    Last edited by Deathfairy; 2011-01-28 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should understand that they IN FACT forcing us to reach that cap because you have to run a few heroics to get to the cap.
    Blizzard is not forcing you to hit the cap. YOU WANT TO HIT THE CAP. Blizzard never said "HEY! FattGuy! You will hit the VP cap every week! Now run our heroics!"

This is a self imposed burden that you are placing on yourself.

I'm very confused on what the OP's even complaining about. Valor Points, Justice Points, how they are earned, why they earn them, not earning enough, earning too many, or maybe just wants wrath welfare's again?

Opening Tier Raiding - 12 bosses.
    10 Man - 75 VP Each - 1050 Points Max EARNED
    25 Man - 125 VP Each - 1500 points Max EARNED

Heroics - 7 per week, 70 Per Run: 490 VP Max Earned.

So in one weeks time the Max VP you can EARN is 1990 doing 25 Man and 1540 doing 10 Man's.

Just like your job, if you dont want to work your 40 hours a week you wont EARN 40 hours of pay. It's a Trade off. that's all.

There is no you MUST do this every week, I dont see a blizzard mafia member behind me with a gun forcing me to run those heroics.

I run those heroics to help earn gear to reach the NEXT Tier of Content.

Level to 85, Run Regulars, and EARN Justice Points. Use those Justice points to increase your gear so you can run Heroics. Run Heroics and EARN Valor so you can get better gear to run the NEXT Tier of Content.

There is no Force behind this system, it's all based on RL - Work = Earn.

Blizzard is not forcing you to hit the cap. YOU WANT TO HIT THE CAP. Blizzard never said "HEY! FattGuy! You will hit the VP cap every week! Now run our heroics!"

This is a self imposed burden that you are placing on yourself.
    They gave us a cap for a DAMN REASON!!!! So that we don't stress ourselves with trying to get the maximum amount of DAMN POINTS which is 1170 (1260 from sinestra)!!! I don't care if it is a DAMN choice, I don't want to run heroics for the VP, and I still would like to reach the cap without doing THEM. Holy crap you damn moronic idiots! This is coming from my perspective and my guild mates, why else would I be saying this crap. Jesus!

You aren't forced to hit the cap, man. YOU are forcing yourself, not Blizzard.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootem View Post
    I'm very confused on what the OP's even complaining about. Valor Points, Justice Points, how they are earned, why they earn them, not earning enough, earning too many, or maybe just wants wrath welfare's again?

Opening Tier Raiding - 12 bosses.
    10 Man - 75 VP Each - 1050 Points Max EARNED
    25 Man - 125 VP Each - 1500 points Max EARNED

Heroics - 7 per week, 70 Per Run: 490 VP Max Earned.

So in one weeks time the Max VP you can EARN is 1990 doing 25 Man and 1540 doing 10 Man's.

Just like your job, if you dont want to work your 40 hours a week you wont EARN 40 hours of pay. It's a Trade off. that's all.

There is no you MUST do this every week, I dont see a blizzard mafia member behind me with a gun forcing me to run those heroics.

I run those heroics to help earn gear to reach the NEXT Tier of Content.

Level to 85, Run Regulars, and EARN Justice Points. Use those Justice points to increase your gear so you can run Heroics. Run Heroics and EARN Valor so you can get better gear to run the NEXT Tier of Content.

There is no Force behind this system, it's all based on RL - Work = Earn.
    unless Hms give 125 per boss u cant get capped for raiding only as 25 man give 90 vp per on normal

90x12 is 1050

ive been getting 90 vp per 25 man boss since cata launch

10+ Year Old Account
    They gave us a cap for a DAMN REASON!!!! So that we don't stress ourselves with trying to get the maximum amount of DAMN POINTS which is 1170 (1260 from sinestra)!!! I don't care if it is a DAMN choice, I don't want to run heroics for the VP, and I still would like to reach the cap without doing THEM. Holy crap you damn moronic idiots! This is coming from my perspective and my guild mates, why else would I be saying this crap. Jesus!
    You can want in one hand and crap in the other. Either way you have nothing. If you want to reach the cap then reach it they way Blizzard has it. So what if it requires 1 MAYBE 2 heroics per week. I got it, you do not want to run heroics. Okay, don't run heroics. But, don't complain if you don't reach the weekly cap.

"Mom! I want to run faster!"
    "Then go run and practice."
    "NO! I don't want to!"
    "Okay, dear, then don't run faster"
    "I HATE YOU! YOU'RE THE WORST MOM EVER!"

"Mom! I want to run faster!"
    "Then go run and practice."
    "NO! I don't want to!"
    "Okay, dear, then don't run faster"
    "I HATE YOU! YOU'RE THE WORST MOM EVER!"

Voted #1 Response!