First off I apologize if there is a thread covering this, and I just haven't been able to find it. :

I'm currently playing fire, and i'm happy doing so. I have just gotten an itch to try arcane out again. I haven't really played it since the beginning of ICC and all I know is that it is vastly different now. So how do you actuelly play an arcane mage these days? Is there a guide somewhere on the forum I missed or?

Back when patch 4.0 came out, I read that the way to play it was something like this:

1. Burn phase (pop all CDs and spam arcane blast until 40% mana at which point you evocate/mana gem back to 100%)
2. Steady phase - Use a rotation that keeps your mana at a steady at 90%+, 3xAB followed by AM/AB, or whatever rotation isn't getting you mana lower.
3. Once Evocation is getting close to coming off CD you start a new burn phase, and thereafter it's pretty much rinse repeat

I must admit that this way of playing arcane didn't really work for me right after patch 4.0 came, and I haven't really tried arcane since, but as I said I would like to try again.

So if we have some arcane mages here I would love some of your insights on how to play it, when to use CDs and and how and when to use the mana regen abilities.

My charecter:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leandra/simple