Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    This game has no auto attack.
    That's the reason it was put in quotations. Most of the saber fights show what look like an auto attack sequence (probably the level 1 attack ability) to highlight the saber parries.

But no, ToR does not have auto attack.

Bioware and Blizzard should totally work together on something. Also, those who say Warcraft has no story, then you obviously have not played Warcraft 1, 2, or 3 or payed any attention while playing WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    Bioware and Blizzard should totally work together on something. Also, those who say Warcraft has no story, then you obviously have not played Warcraft 1, 2, or 3 or payed any attention while playing WoW
    No game should rely on other games for lore. WoW does have some of its own lore in between all the fetch quest, but they are so easy to miss when 90% of them are "go fetch me 10 boar eyeballs" that have no reason to be there in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightsabers.

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    That's the reason it was put in quotations. Most of the saber fights show what look like an auto attack sequence (probably the level 1 attack ability) to highlight the saber parries.

But no, ToR does not have auto attack.
    What are you talking about? Most melee abilities in WoW look the same. The only difference is their icon and the little sound they make. What you have seen is low level content. There will be different looking abilities. One of the Sith Warriors moves is to imbue their lightsaber with force lightning, so its one big swing with lightning, and I'm guessing it will do extra damage and paralyze something.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    No game should rely on other games for lore. WoW does have some of its own lore in between all the fetch quest, but they are so easy to miss when 90% of them are "go fetch me 10 boar eyeballs" that have no reason to be there in the first place.
    ^^ This, the worst part about WoW's current lore is that it doesn't feel immersive. Sure there are a lot of great quest, then again there are alot of dumb quest. I remember back in games like final fantasy 7 and 9, i honestly got emotionally invested in my character and the storyline, the nostalgia is amazing. (yes ik they are two different kinds of games) I'd kill to feel that way again about a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the prelude to that Moaradin. I'm fighting the same fight you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I've seen this complaint a lot. and tbh, I don't understand it.

First, all the videos are highlighting certain aspects of the game. None of which to date are exclusively combat. And certainly none are pvp to player potential. Most show a toon fighting a mob using 1 or 2 abilties, then going on to show something else. (Also, most are very low level toons) The few "lightsaber fights" are of 2 standstill (doing nothing special) toons highlighting synchronized attack/defend animations. These can not be looked at as the way combat works, nor can they be viewed as an overall depiction of the game's combat system.

When they release a video of pvp in action, or a higher level dungeon experience, or even just some solo grinding of a higher level, then you can see how it works. I'm positive that you will see things that put these early speculations to rest. 2 people standing and "autoattacking" using lightsabers will not happen. You'll see plenty of movement, lightsaber skills, and force moves. It will be frantic, fast paced, and fluid. We simply haven't had the opprotunity to see that side of the game yet. Other aspects are being highlighted first.

Such as saber parries. Your typical games have toons with swords and shields. What happens when 2 of those toons fight eachother? They trade hits with little animations and take those hits full to the face. Wouldn't it be nice to see that warrior actually deflect those hits with his shield instead of simply holding it for decoration? Wouldn't it be nice to see the sword actually parry the incoming attack instead of standing still waiting for the the next global cooldown? Many games do dodge, because that is an easy animation. But how many do block and parry animations? What is ToR doing? They are making that a reality. And they are showing you in little snipets of staged combat.

We simply have not seen what we are complaining about. Bioware has a marketing schedule, and they are sticking to it. There is ryhme behind the reason.

Deleted
    The dark side...the sith....the lore behind them...
    Also they have cookies!