Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thingymadoodle View Post
    Just came across this and thought I'd do my bit in summoning the wrath of the WoW community. Feel free to share amongst your friends: goo.gl/baEA7

isthewiferight.com/2011/01/13/husband-is-a-level-85-shaman/

Disclaimer: I wasn't quite sure as to where to put this, please move as you please.
    * Not allowed to post links, apologies for the crypticness...
    Bitch needs to stfu. She even says that she has NOTHING to complain about except for her own retarded opinion that "anything more than an hour is too much."
    IF you cant handle your husband having fun, then you have some more serious problems going on.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Something tells me you are not even 15 and have had no wife... no offense
    my 10 year old said you are probably a bieber fan.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Again you have issues.

I'm dealing my relationships just fine combined with WoW.
    Just a mater of priorities. And finding a girl that understands you.
    are you married or dating, those are 100% different. being married means you sell yourself to her, whether you know it or not, she owns you and within 3 years of being married, you WILL deal with some stupid shit

and if you don't have to deal with anything, she's fucking around on you and thinks you're too stupid to ever figure it out. women want what they don't have just like guys, marriage isn't natural in any way. we're not monogamous creatures and never will be.
    Last edited by blizzardcashshop; 2011-01-27 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    she's a woman, she's gonna bitch about something. it's why marriage isn't normal, she's probably fucking that guy's brother, feels guilty and naturally tries to shift the blame for the "indiscretion" onto him for "not spending enough time with her, he drove her away".

she's a slut

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 12:55 PM ----------

they're a WHOLE hell of a lot more expensive too. i went from working on my cars and hanging out with buds in "my time", which cost thousands of dollars a year, to $15 a month to play wow and hell, if i'm sitting there doing some dailies and we're talking, i honestly don't see the problem, that's more "us time" than i'd have if i was putting on a new turbo manifold

Ban incoming

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 01:13 PM ----------

A Belieber?

There are some seriously messed up people on these forums. If your relationship aint working for you then its working against you. You are the only person that can change your situation. Forgive preaching
    Last edited by Bobbojonno; 2011-01-27 at 01:15 PM.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Ban incoming
    gonna report you for trolling, might as well go down with me. maybe you could go down on me, asl? i haven't been banned this week yet, i'm due.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wife needs to get over her ridiculous preconceptions about gaming. As usual, instead of looking at the facts of the matter, she's someone who prefers to base her judgement on stigma, misinformation and just plain old ignorance.

Does she even try to understand that it makes him happy? No, because if she tried to understand it she'd realise that playing WoW is a far better activity than drinking or watching tv. She's not interested in either his perspective, or the objective perspective, only her own perspective. That's shown by her abundance of ignorance on the matter when she goes on about how playing games is something people in high school do.
    So she thinks anything over an hour is excessive? What exactly is she basing that figure on?

Get with the times woman, and stop being so goddamn selfish and self-centred. I could never marry a woman like that.
    "The truth, my goal."

gonna report you for trolling, might as well go down with me. maybe you could go down on me, asl? i haven't been banned this week yet, i'm due.
    lol... me neither
    Night Elf till I die

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wife plays. She raids alongside me. She has fewer alts than me but makes more gold on the auction house. Every now and then she goes through a spell of "omg we play too much", but she's the first to break down and go hardcore again.

I love my wife.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 01:11 PM ----------

are you married or dating, those are 100% different. being married means you sell yourself to her, whether you know it or not, she owns you and within 3 years of being married, you WILL deal with some stupid shit

and if you don't have to deal with anything, she's fucking around on you and thinks you're too stupid to ever figure it out. women want what they don't have just like guys, marriage isn't natural in any way. we're not monogamous creatures and never will be.
    We are the way we are. You can't generalize things no matter what they are. Some people live a monogamous life others don't. Your life is not everyone's life.
    I know plenty of couples that make things work (yes married couple). Just because you had a bad experience and makes you feel better to assume that's how the world works, does not change the fact that you are wrong.

And I bet you will continue to think the same no matter what I say.

My life is great. I don't intent to marry, but I do live with my girlfriend. And everything is awesome.
    As I said. Priorities and mutual understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    My wife plays. She raids alongside me. She has fewer alts than me but makes more gold on the auction house. Every now and then she goes through a spell of "omg we play too much", but she's the first to break down and go hardcore again.

I love my wife.
    im falling in love with your wife too.
    Night Elf till I die

Am myself married, well over 30 and father of two.
    Love the game to the extent that I read mmo-champ several times a day.
    Normal game time varies from naught to 4-5 hours a day. On the days/night where I exceed or are around 4 hours I can see she is not too happy about it. However she does not complain as long as I play after the kids have gone to bed, which is around 8-9 pm.
    Where the problem lies, I believe, is that one focuses so much on the game that one is oblivious to the outside.
    See yourself wearing headphones, in a separate room etc, might as well be on another planet. Getting contact is hard, especially if in a group/raid where you can’t take 5 min away when she wants a “say”, whatever it might be.
    But what does “normal” couples do during the standard evenings when you cannot go out because of kids etc. Read books, watch TV, play boardgames, knit, bake/cook, paint, etc.
    All are hobbies, things to do, and some more social than others, To be honest, I would rather play WoW than watch re-runs of House or 2 ½ Men etc.
    From the wife’s perspective however, these are better, as you can easily stop/pause and give the 5-10 minutes of attention she needs.
    This is primarily why I don’t raid, as locking 4 hours, 3 days a week is almost impossible, so I do a couple of Heroics a day. Farmin Archeology and soloing is a great, believe even she notices when I go “solo”, as the headphones are off and I can easy pause and listen when she has something to say. When in groups, this goes in one ear and out the other…
    Anywho, just wanted to share my experience on married life and WoW.

Deleted
    My wife plays with me, raids with me and is achievement addicted as much as I am, so I really don't get the point

LOL.. You have issues man...
    He really does. :P I have a friend that's got issues like him, just because he has bad taste in women and got hurt he thinks they're all like that. Lmao.

What I don't get is how people like this stay happy together in the first place when they don't have fun hobbies in common(or at least learn to tolerate them for your partner), especially when one of theirs is something as time-consuming as an mmorpg.

Going on 8 years now and extremely happy with a constant WoW player and I can't imagine being in a relationship with somebody who doesn't play those crazy kids' vidya games at all.

Deleted
    I live with my Fiance and we just put money down on our first house together (renting currently).

She's a trainee teacher at University (Mature student, won't be qualified til 29) and does occasionally complain. But she also works part time, so I generally have 2-3 nights a week to myself.

We also made an agreement that If I have a raid night, she'd know in advance what it is and could make plans of her own. Does she mind me gaming? Not at all, actually. She just gets annoyed if she wants attention and she doesn't get it when she wants it lol. But thats not really a woman thing, a lot of people male and female are the game.

Ive never been asked to quit, or told to for that matter. I do have a married friend whos Wife told him to quit. So he did. 6 months later, she'd slept with 4 other guys and trash talked her way out of his life. Poor guy

Tell her to shutup and make you some sammiches. Joking, make sure she is taken care of in every way. Flowers, Cards, Jewelry, Hugs and Kisses, and a good sex life will keep her from complaining about your time investment into a virtual world of nothing.

If you can't do the above mentioned, then you need to seriously evaluate your life.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBoy21 View Post
    Tell her to shutup and make you some sammiches. Joking, make sure she is taken care of in every way. Flowers, Cards, Jewelry, Hugs and Kisses, and a good sex life will keep her from complaining about your time investment into a virtual world of nothing.

If you can't do the above mentioned, then you need to seriously evaluate your life.
    These are all signs of guilt. Buying your way.
    Night Elf till I die

Deleted
    its really simple, if your an alcoholic, find a women thats an alcoholic. or there will be problems, if your on crack, again a crackhead women. if you go to the gym all the time, find a women that enjoys the gym, its about sharing interests. no guy would stay with a girl that spent all her time doing stuff he had no interest in.

so if you want to play wow all the time, find a women who can play with you!

Again you have issues.

I'm dealing my relationships just fine combined with WoW.
    Just a mater of priorities. And finding a girl that understands you.
    This. I got my girlfriend into WoW, she loves it, we play it together and do everything together. We like it. She's had guys hit on her and what not in game (it's the internet, every girl is harassed lol), but nothing's come of it because the crux of the matter is that you have to find a girl that truly does love you and won't two time you. Trust is what matters.

As for the OP: If your woman is complaining about you playing a game (or anything, for that matter), then be the man you should be and tell her that you ARE going to do it because you WANT to do it. Of course, only say this as long as you're spending time with her also. It won't work if you're devoting all your time to "it" instead of her. Feminism has de-balled men. Go get them back ffs.

This is why it's always best to have a partner who is a gamer and plays the same games as you

/lucky

In all seriousness, I think she should back off a little. I also wish there was a way for gaming/gamers to get away from that "You're a high school loser if you play video games". It's a hobby of his that sounds like he takes casually and doesn't go to excess. He still has a job and spends time with the people he loves, so why begrudge him his hobby?

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TTerminator999 View Post
    This. I got my girlfriend into WoW, she loves it, we play it together and do everything together. We like it. She's had guys hit on her and what not in game (it's the internet, every girl is harassed lol), but nothing's come of it because the crux of the matter is that you have to find a girl that truly does love you and won't two time you. Trust is what matters.

As for the OP: If your woman is complaining about you playing a game (or anything, for that matter), then be the man you should be and tell her that you ARE going to do it because you WANT to do it. Of course, only say this as long as you're spending time with her also. It won't work if you're devoting all your time to "it" instead of her. Feminism has de-balled men. Go get them back ffs.
    That's pretty offensive. I agree that people deserve hobbies, whether they share them with their significant other or not, and they should stand up for their hobby if they think their significant other is being unreasonable about it. Being a "man" isn't about saying 'This is what I'm gonna do, you can't stop me and screw you'. That is being childish. If a person's hobby becomes a problem in their relationship they should talk about it like rational people, not raging hormone machines.

That's pretty offensive. I agree that people deserve hobbies, whether they share them with their significant other or not, and they should stand up for their hobby if they think their significant other is being unreasonable about it. Being a "man" isn't about saying 'This is what I'm gonna do, you can't stop me and screw you'. That is being childish. If a person's hobby becomes a problem in their relationship they should talk about it like rational people, not raging hormone machines.
    I'm not saying you should go and tell them "screw off, I want to do this" and act childish about it. But if your SO isn't paying attention to you, going and making a thread announcing it to the whole world isn't exactly the answer either..I think it all depends on what's going on and the kind of woman/man. If you are, yes, putting more attention into your hobby than your SO, then there's a problem. But if you want a *little* break, alone time, and to do something you like then you should be able to stand your ground, "man up" and ask for some alone time to do what you like.