Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It is just nothing to go gaga over and yes will most likely fail which is unfortunate really. I hope they don't buy a superbowl commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    Funny.

Same thing happens on Aion - in-game or forums - when someone asks about add-ons or mods... they get slammed for wanting to make a "bot", or get some advantage in PvP with improved button layouts [or some such crap].

As if having better controls over the mini-map, mail system, or inventory control is cheating, or for losers.
    LOL people fail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    1.) Not every game NEEDS addons. Sure, WoW is much more convenient with them than without (personally I love my bag addon and the one that sells grey stuff and repair every time it can). But you don't NEED them to play the game well.
    2.) Common knowledge: Disable shadows and your FPS will go through the roof. The tooltips even states that it's heavy on the cpu, gpu or both.
    3.) You're only level 20. That's the first zone. There are many more to explore.
    4.) The extra abilities you get when min/maxing is not always something you have to use. Take my own Shaman/Druid/Justicar as an example. when I'm out soloing, I'll mostly use Justicar stuff for the self-heals. When in group, I'm back to Shaman abilities. The druid heals are just added bonus.
    5.) You prove your own point by coming here, on a WoW forum, and complain about RIFT. You are part of the crappy audience.
    6.) Who cares about gods? Well, who cares about lore in any game? Oh, that's right, those that actually read quest texts. I'm guessing you're just one of those people that wants to do the quests as fast as possible, so you can get to the endgame as fast as possible, and suck as much as possible. Just like in WoW, right?
    7.) If you only got a mana potion as a reward for doing Rifts, you clearly did not participate enough. Rewards are based on participation, not standing around while everyone else do the dirty work.

You don't like Rift, that's fine. I DO like it. It's VERY similar in interface and stuff to WoW, but it IS different. And it works quite well. If you have more brain that the OP, that is...
    ^
    this 100 times.

And of course, 10 posts later, my internet decides it finally wants to work.