Poll: good idea?

Justice Points for Guild Progress

Guilds have always had a gbank, from which members can withdraw funds for repairs, or materials for enchants. Members can also deposit excess gold into the gbank to help fund anything from the purchasing of epics on /2 to bulk materials from the AH. I have seen the proposal from Blizzard to spend Justice Points on enchanting mats, some herbs, ores, or skins, but they themselves have said this is just to create SOMETHING to use JP for. Currently JP are used for 346 Ilevel gear and Heirlooms. I have all the heirlooms, and 2 of every dual wieldable weapon, and I am 100% sure there are many players out there who have also been JP capped for 2+ weeks with nothing to use it on.

Why cant we create a savings account for the Guild; players can deposit excess JP into this account (separate from the GOLD, but viewed next to it). This might seem like a cheap way to gear out new 85s in your guild, but rather than using these JP like a bank account and being able to withdraw on whim, the guild would use it as a trust fund. At certain amounts of JP, maybe 50k Justice Points in the guild bank, the guild master could suggest to buy the heirloom Agil/Str/Int for the entire guild to be able to use, instead of 1.2k gold. Then, when another 50k is accrued in the gbank, the guild master could suggest to buy one of the other two remaining cloaks.

This could be used to further promote guild unity rather than singular gain, if guild masters gained the ability to withdraw JP straight from the guildbank (with a 1 month cooldown on the access ability if GM is changed to prevent simply promoting newbies to GM to get them gear). An NPC vendor could be created specifically for the guild masters' of azeroths use. These vendors could sell massive bulk materials for lower prices than the individuals singular use of JP on the normal vendor. For example, from the vendor scheduled to appear in 4.1 (or w/e patch were on) you will be able to purchase ONE (1) hypnotic dust for 200 JP. From the guild master vendor you might be able to buy FIFTY (50) hypnotic dust for 9000 JP.

any thoughts on this?; do you think its a good suggestion?

Good idea, but a low cap would almost be a necessity.

to my knowledge the actual vendor NPCs havent been put into the game yet. i may be wrong..., but thats kind of irrelevant if they are or not. the important thing is that there is a precedent for buying trade goods with justice points, which creates a springboard from which an idea incorporating guild progression might be viewed as the "next logical step".

Sounds like it would be abused the same way Guild rewards would be without Guild rep. "Give me 10k gold and you can raid our gbank's JP." Likewise, during WotLK with the suggestion of making emblems BoA, Blizzard specifically stated that they wouldn't do it because they don't want you raiding on your main to gear up an alt. The trust fund thing is interesting, but could end up being overly complex.
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-01-27 at 08:50 PM.