Deleted

Is the WoW Community to Emo for it's own Sake?

Ok this post is coming from the fact that about 33% of all blue posts i see these days are telling some that they can't discuss this or can't discuss that. People seem to be getting threads locked here there and everywhere on the WoW forums proper, (thankfully far less so over here).

From being a member of a few online communities the WoW ones seem to be the only one where players seem scarred to say what they really think, and if they do they get hell from other people for having a point of view and voicing it. Isn't the point of having lots of people in one place to having varying opinion?

Another thing i have noticed is that on forums where you can say pretty much anything (bar racism or homophobia) people seem to get along much better, i could call someone a quadraspazmic paraplegic wrongcock over their thoughts on a certain matter, we could have a blazing argument and then because no one gets a ban be fine with each other 2 days later. On forums where bans are handed out like dodgy E's at a psy-trance rave, does it not then breed deep seated dislike for another player that lasts?

Anyways IMO everyone is getting far to emo for their own good and as a whole that damages us all.

on a side not i have just noticed that making a post about people being emo could in turn be thought of, of me being emo myself, fuck and so the cycle continues!

I'm guessing those forums you're talking about are not linked to a commercial product, nor run by a company that is publicly traded.

Blizz should have clamped down on their forums a long time ago. I'm glad they are doing it now. Adjust or don't post there, I suppose. Not sure how running their ship a little tight makes them "emo" though.

Cata is harder than wrath, people who want it easy are going to QQ, that's just how it works. Also, the only reason that like 1/3 of all the threads on the official forums are deleted/locked is because people don't know how to be constructive or respectful on the internet anymore (or ever, I guess). Instead of saying "Frost mages are overpowered because of example a (with a log to back it up) and example b (with a video or picture to back it up), they just get on and yell "FROST MAGES ARE OP AND BLIZZARD IS 2 STOOPID 2 FIX IT, U DUM BLIZ", and then people wonder why stuff gets locked. (I was using hyperbole for dramatic effect, btw, I know not all qq posts look like that). People also don't realize what the forum rules actually are... I see a new thread like twice a day saying something like, my other thread got locked and I don't know why!!!! I looked at the guidelines... Yet those people who 'looked at the guidelines' are posting about a locked thread (against the forum rules). It's not that things are too emo, its that people are immature and don't read the rules.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    I'm guessing those forums you're talking about are not linked to a commercial product, nor run by a company that is publicly traded.
    Dogsonacid.com is the largest DnB community on the net and is directly tied into 2 major record labels run by 2 of the top drum and bass DJ's with their reputation within the industry tied up in their website.

What i saying is that there are so many rules that people can't just cut loose and have fun without fear of breaking one of them and being a) derided by a flock of rules nerds pointing out their flaws, or b) getting banned.
    If they just did away with most of the rules and let people have fun saying what they wanted would it not produce a community that had more fun rather than one were people can't say what they want when they want.

But maybe it's just gamers as a whole that seem to get their nickers in a twist at the drop of a hat, jungalists seem to be made of sterner stuff!

You're confused, those rules aren't the reason the WoW community stinks.
    Look at 4chan, no rules and the community is not what I'd call noble.