Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Rift?? whos with me?!?

Whats up wow loyalist, I have been a participant in the last 4 Betas of the new upcoming MMO entitled Rift. If you feel wow is longer "cutting it" and need something new to play, I suggest you give Rift a look see. True it is a lot like wow in many ways (but what new mmo isn't?) but there is enough new stuff thrown in to make this game new and exciting, well to me anyway.

Any who...I just canceled my WOW account after 6 long years of dedicated playing. 6 years tons of memories (good and bad) and about 4,500$ later (god damn that hurts to type) I'm leaving Azeroth forever, good luck to all of you and may many purples be in your near futures.

-Beastn

Grats, leme know when you come back just like all the people that left for Aion and FF14 and Conan did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Grats, leme know when you come back just like all the people that left for Aion and FF14 and Conan did.
    I was one of those Aion players, though I never said I wouldn't come back like some do wich is sad. :P Just play wathever you feel like and to be honest why post about you leaving WoW? The fact that you came to post about it just means you still wanna be connected to WoW after you left.

Deleted
    £50 says Beastn is on the marketing dept. of Rift

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    Whats up wow loyalist, I have been a participant in the last 4 Betas of the new upcoming MMO entitled Rift. If you feel wow is longer "cutting it" and need something new to play, I suggest you give Rift a look see. True it is a lot like wow in many ways (but what new mmo isn't?) but there is enough new stuff thrown in to make this game new and exciting, well to me anyway.

Any who...I just canceled my WOW account after 6 long years of dedicated playing. 6 years tons of memories (good and bad) and about 4,500$ later (god damn that hurts to type) I'm leaving Azeroth forever, good luck to all of you and may many purples be in your near futures.

-Beastn
    6 years

72 months x $15= $1080 (even less if you have 3month recurring payment)

add ~$160 for the 4 games.

how the hell did you get $4500. you didn't say wow accountS so i'm assuming you only have one account
    Last edited by dabros; 2011-01-15 at 06:36 PM.

I know i left for Warhammer, Aion, AOC, and FF14 and came back everytime rofl. hopefully this one has staying power because wow is no longer an option for me, it is/was a great game, spent tons of time and money in it, but i am truly done with it. I have squeezed every drop of entertainment that i could out of it. It no longer interests me. I can only lvl so many alts and take so many laps around org before enough is enough.

I already have it pre ordered. They seem to have taken the best things from different games and put it in Rift so I'm giving it a try. DC Universe Online is a huge let down so far, and I just want something besides WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    6 years

add ~$150 for the 4 games.

how the hell did you get $4500. you didn't say wow accountS so i'm assuming you only have one account
    server xfers, name changes, paying for bros/friends server xfers, pets, mounts, race changes, faction changes......Ugh i almost made myself puke just then. Thats how blizz gets ya, they Nickel and dime ya to death.

6 years

add ~$150 for the 4 games.

Some people wasted money on TRH, and various other blizzard store items. Infact some people where so stupid as to not read the giant big wording that says one Celestial Steed can be used on multiple characters, and bought a horse for all of their toons.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

server xfers, name changes, paying for bros/friends server xfers, pets, mounts, race changes, faction changes......Ugh i almost made myself puke just then. Thats how blizz gets ya, they Nickel and dime ya to death.
    If youre stupid enough to buy all that shit ( even for your friends lol ) well....thats your fault then stop crying

Don't flame people. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-15 at 07:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats up wow loyalist, I have been a participant in the last 4 Betas of the new upcoming MMO entitled Rift. If you feel wow is longer "cutting it" and need something new to play,
    Or if you are bored of WoW and want more of the same, but with different graphics!!

Deleted
    i don't think you should say you're going to quit now just at the start of a new game comming out.
    just because it looks nice doesen't mean it'll be a good game what you could spend your next 6 years on
    this happend to me with aion and in the end i went back to WoW anyway....
    spend some time in rifts 3-6months and then say what you think now hasn't changed

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    i don't think you should say you're going to quit now just at the start of a new game comming out.
    just because it looks nice doesen't mean it'll be a good game what you could spend your next 6 years on
    this happend to me with aion and in the end i went back to WoW anyway....
    spend some time in rifts 3-6months and then say what you think now hasn't changed
    Yep. I've got a huge pile of MMO fail that I hoped each one would be the next great game. When I think of the money I've wasted. Thank God for 30 day trials.

buying gold and stuff from the internet maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got in Beta, then figured out you can't play it on mac...
    sooo I'll never play it if they don't do something about that.
    And I would definitely like to try it out.

I just bought DCUO and have just finished installing it, it's gunna hold me over until March for Rift and possibly GW2. WoW just lost its luster, but that doesnt mean I will just delete it and forget it i know it will always be there and it will be me fallback.

Deleted
    Rift is a terrible terrible WoW clone; but then again: Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury View Post
    Right.... no. just no. im tired of people like you saying that every god damned new MMO is a ripoff from wow, because it's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Right.... no. just no. im tired of people like you saying that every god damned new MMO is a ripoff from wow, because it's not.
    Chat was the same, pet bars are the same, Healthbars the same, party system the same, talents were kinda different, I'll give it that, but everything else was nearly identical.

I was in 3 beta phases. =\

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury View Post
    And wow was a ripoff of every mmo before it.

RIft has potential.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose