15+ Year Old Account

Addon for Tank relevant stats

Hi,

I'm looking for an addon but I didn't find one that fits my needs.
    So the idea was to write my own one. But where to start?

Ok, I have my toc and I know that I need a lua where all the code is and maybe some libs. maybe a locale as well.

but what to do then?

the basic Idea is:
    - it should be a broker-lib addon. I simply want to display some stats there. what the addon should do is - it simply should display the combined avoidance for me (which is, block+parry+dodge+5%). Since I use chocolatebar to display broker addons, there should be just this number in the bar displayed.

how do I start this?

I think when I got a start, inserting the formula isn't the big deal... maybe even extending the addon isn't that very complicated then. But I need a start, where I can build up from.

maybe someone has some time left over to support me?

thanks in advance,
    xeb

Nevermind, I thought it said Avoidance, it doesn't, but when you google addon that shows avoidance, a TON of stuff shows up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are dead set on writing your own, grats to you. I use Bazooka with a broker called tankinfo I believe. It shows total avoidance factoring in block, the 5% miss chance and the 7.4% greater chance a skull raid boss has to hit you. If you mouseover it, a drop-down will display that itemizes everything by start with separations between a mob that DW's vs one that uses a single weapon. It even shows the chance to get a critical block in the itemized mouseover drop down.
    Warrior: Darkmourn - US Cenarius
    Shaman: Darkshocks - US Cenarius
    Rogue: Darkmorn - US Cenarius

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcatt1 View Post
    broker called tankinfo I believe.
    looks like this is somewhat exactly what I wanted. there goes the Idea of my own addon ... :P
    thanks mate

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

this macro should do exactly what that addon your asking for does

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcatt1 View Post
    If you are dead set on writing your own, grats to you. I use Bazooka with a broker called tankinfo I believe. It shows total avoidance factoring in block, the 5% miss chance and the 7.4% greater chance a skull raid boss has to hit you. If you mouseover it, a drop-down will display that itemizes everything by start with separations between a mob that DW's vs one that uses a single weapon. It even shows the chance to get a critical block in the itemized mouseover drop down.
    A boss NPC is considered as level 88. For each level above the player, the NPC reduces the player's chance to dodge, parry, miss and block by 0.2%. The boss has, in other words, a 2.4% greater chance of hitting you, not 7.4%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss tanktotals, it showed exactly everything i wanted to know about tank stats, avoidance, general EH, resistances, etc.
    Sadly not being updated anymore.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.