Deleted

Does the crits stack?

Hello! Im just wondering if the glyph of serpent sting (Increases the periodic critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting by 6%) stack with 2 set bonus t11 (Increases critical strike chance of your Serpent Sting ability by 5%)or is it even the same thing at all? . Or should i use glyph of arcane shot instead and use my extra focus for that?(Ofc i play SV atm)

Best wishes Tycko =)
    Last edited by mmoc2c66aec3f3; 2011-01-28 at 08:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean stack, and I'm sorry, I don't know. You might be able to get your answer from stickies, or elistist jerks.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    ye mean stack :S

Deleted
    Of course it stacks.

And to answer your second question - arcane vs. serpent glyph are pretty equally sucky at the moment, with the new patch however arcane shot glyph will be better on single target fights. On the other hand, we'll probably only be SV on AoE fights where serpent spread plays a major role, and the extra crit from serpent glyph applies to serpent spread, which makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    Of course it stacks.

And to answer your second question - arcane vs. serpent glyph are pretty equally sucky at the moment, with the new patch however arcane shot glyph will be better on single target fights. On the other hand, we'll probably only be SV on AoE fights where serpent spread plays a major role, and the extra crit from serpent glyph applies to serpent spread, which makes it better.
    Surv will still be competitive with the other specs in single target... the difference between them will be marginal at best.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In this tier, yes. In future tiers...probably not. It doesn't scale nearly as good as marksman. Or other classes for that matter. See here: http://stateofdps.com/index.php?raid...s=200&spec=dps

^ The above is based on parses from guilds doing heroic mode raids. i.e., everyone is geared. Notice that survival has gone from top to mid pack after everyone gets gear.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it stacks, you can test this using recount and dummies. Just fire a sting, and cobra shot it for 5 mins. Remove glyph and repeat. Thing is does it do much more damage? The answer is no, because serpent sting ticks rather slowly, so it doesn't actually get much opportunity for critting anyway on single target. Multishot is where this glyph + set bonus becomes really interesting though.

Would I use serpent sting glyph on heavy aoe fights? yes I would. I would be using arcane for non aoe fights. Since the new glyph system, spending a few gold between bosses is no big deal. You can have your cake and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Surv will still be competitive with the other specs in single target... the difference between them will be marginal at best.
    Rough numbers I remember seeing somewhere just off the top of my head.

Some guys tested all three specs on the PTR and averaged it out.

MM was ~22.5k
    SV was ~21k
    BM was ~ 20.3k

Cant for the life of me remember where I saw this, was about 2 weeks ago and things have probably changed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Notice that survival has gone from top to mid pack after everyone gets gear.
    Really? go to stateofdps.com and check it every day as it is updated and you will see SV is nowhere near middle of the pack. Hasn't been that way either. Adjusted totals and overall totals has SV tops.