Page 1 of 2
LastLast

first essence of the cyclone dropped and goes to......a rogue??

is this unusual? it's BiS for many classes, but i heard crit is pretty worthless to rogues, any advice?

Tell me why that is useless to a rogue? Crit may not be primary stat but it looks pretty good to me

Deleted
    Hunteritem!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Agi from Essence of the Cyclone is always a BiS stat for Agi users.

As far as Crit goes, everyone benefit from crit, but it is not worth gemming/reforging for it.
    (WoWHead)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-01-28 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Added MMO-Champ Database link.

yeah normally they make one of the trinkets bis for most agi/str/caster classes, in the case of DBW it was bis for both agi and str classes.

the one and only really argument against it could be that rogues can use the boe trinket form BoT that hunters cannot.

also your prolly gonna get a lot of flaming from ppl who don't realize this is the hunter forums and just saw it on the front page and come here to flame you. they tend to over react and get offended by questions like this so don't be surprised if only a few of the real hunters here actually reply with reasonable post.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-01-28 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    rogues, hunters, enhance shamans and ferals compete for it

Its definatly not BiS for ferals.

It is not good at all for Assassination rogues, but, iirc, it is pretty damn close to BiS for combat, which is getting buffed next patch.

Actually as a raiding rogue crit is pretty awful for rogues. It is the worst stat (even behind white hit) for Assassination and only barely just barely beating mastery for second worst stat for Combat. (Though if the previous trinket was also bad maybe it wasn't so ridiculous)

i only said it in the first place because I saw a rogue posting about it saying they should not be considered very high priority for it

The rogues in my guild also avoid crit like the plague so probably not a great trinket for them lol.
    Just roll alchemy and get the sexy agility stone in the next patch That and the valor trinket, and you're set.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    The Agi from Essence of the Cyclone is always a BiS stat for Agi users.

As far as Crit goes, everyone benefit from crit, but it is not worth gemming/reforging for it.
    (WoWHead)
    And that makes you WRONG, because Hunters SHOULD reforge to Crit.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its like 3rd or 4th best in slot for rogues (tia's grace heroic beats it hands down for rogues and ferals). But, heroic cyclone beats tia's grace for ferals and is probably bis for ferals (the heroic version, mind! they don't really care much for the normal version).

It's not really a good trink for rogues. Our rogue won it and used it for a week then tossed it

You should know that tia's grace heroic will win out on shorter fights over normal mode cyclone, especially with its mastery reforged to crit. Heroic cyclone is the business though should you be able to get hold of it, and a clear winner.

---------- Post added 2011-01-29 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    And that makes you WRONG, because Hunters SHOULD reforge to Crit.
    Yes, and haste. Just reforge all your mastery to crit, and where it can't be reforged to crit, reforge it to haste. I've spent about 5k gold and 2-4 hours a night most nights testing for a long, long period of time. However take note: this is survival only, mm might actually enjoy mastery!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    Yes, and haste. Just reforge all your mastery to crit, and where it can't be reforged to crit, reforge it to haste. I've spent about 5k gold and 2-4 hours a night most nights testing for a long, long period of time. However take note: this is survival only, mm might actually enjoy mastery!
    Not true. After ~800 haste, mastery is better for survival. This is due to reaching the major breakpoint where Cobra Shot reaches 1.66 seconds cast time, and you can fit three cobra shots between Explosive Shot cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Not true. After ~800 haste, mastery is better for survival. This is due to reaching the major breakpoint where Cobra Shot reaches 1.66 seconds cast time, and you can fit three cobra shots between Explosive Shot cooldowns.
    Explain how mastery, that effects roughly 75% of your damage, is better than crit, which effects 100% of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by selcar View Post
    Explain how mastery, that effects roughly 75% of your damage, is better than crit, which effects 100% of your damage.
    Hes not, hes saying after the soft haste cap, Mastery > Haste.

You want advice? Don't go to the forums to cry about how you lost an item to another player next time, alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    You want advice? Don't go to the forums to cry about how you lost an item to another player next time, alright?
    I could see if this was a BiS for both classes, but this is like giving a Paladin Deathbringer's Will back when it had Armor Pen on it. While it COULD be used for the proc, there were many other classes that should ALWAYS get it before a Paladin.

Your loot deciders are really bad then, and the rogue even worse for rolling on it. I personally got Tia's Grace on my rogue then Fluid Death (Our 2nd bis, AKA BiS for 1 out of 2 slots), and you should tell your retarded rogue to give it to you and get Tia's because it's better, and will allow you to have the trinket increasing both your dps and the rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

according to EJ's BiS list for assasination rogues (guess its pretty equal for combat) the heroic version of the blue trinkets tia's grace(ilvl 346) and key to endless chamber(346), both easily obtained trough heroic instances, are both better than essence of the cyclone.(normal version, that is.)

so, my conclusion is, yeah, bad choice. guess hunters would benefit alot more, but i havent investigated this.

Usually rouges will NEED hit or exp trinks and they will always get so much more out of hit/exp trinks just becasue its so hard for them to make up for all the lost hit/exp...I got the 1st one that dropped in guild then another hunter got 2nd, then a feral got 3rd. 2 rouges in raid didnt even put in on them any of the drops becasue blue hit/exp trinks were so much better for them at that point.

The rouge was just possibly dumb and didnt know his class or your loot council is dumb (if it was a guild run)

Although he might have just been thinking it would be good later when he gets more gear to replace a hit or exp trink but im pretty sure even then it would be a dps loss and loot should probably always go to whos getting a direct upgrade first and will be using it right away.
    Last edited by Konics; 2011-01-29 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die