Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Comics] Marvel or DC Comics?

Marvel
    Creators of X-men, Cpt. America, Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, the Hulk, the Punisher, The Avengers,.....

DC Comics
    Creators of Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Superman, the Green Lantern, Watchmen, Justice League,...

The question is pretty simple, which comic uni/multiverse do you prefer and why? Perhaps if you got a favorite character in either of those, you can name that one too.

I personally prefer Marvel, predominatly X-men. My favorite character varies quite a bit, though Nightcrawler is one of my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ehmm.. DC Just for Batman alone.

I find Marvel to be a bit more laid back and they tend to have a bit more fun with their characters.

DC often plays the "we need to be serious" card.

Although I immensely enjoy The Green Lantern.

Deleted
    Superman 2~ best Super Hero Film ever made...SO DC oh and Doctor Manhattan would own them a....

10+ Year Old Account
    DC for Batman.

Batman is the greatest hero ever, so gotta go with DC. I also love watchmen and The Green Lantern

Marvel with the comics, DC with the movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do enjoy both, overall I prefer DC.

Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps are in my opinion the best books going right now. As far as Marvel goes, Spider-Man is my favorite hero under their banner, though many other under the Avengers name are also excellent.

I just like the grand nature of a lot of the big DC storylines where they tend to deal with issues on a world or even galactic scale, as opposed to Marvel's more street level themes. Marvel often puts things in a bit more of a personal perspective, making them easier to identify with, and while I sometimes enjoy this, when I'm reading a comic book I'm not necessarily looking to draw parallels to my own life.

All that said, any Marvel fan who has at least read Green Lantern from time to time and knew the current story up to that point, can't deny the emotional impact of "Green Lantern: Rebirth". The feeling of excitement evoked with Hal Jordan's redemption was incredibly emotional. I've never experienced anything on that level from a Marvel title.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Marvel. Deadpool.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

ive never really read a comic, but i do like the Marvel heroes alot more than DC.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

captain america,the most idiotic superhero ever belongs to marvel.

but i still prefer marvel

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Marvel more, but after play DCUO I am realllllly starting to like DC.
    When you are up against a Facey situation, don't forget to use your Face.

Marvel comics, my favorite series being x-men. collusus being my favorite x-man, calmsea i dont quite understand what u mean by the galactic scale. far as i know marvel uses alot of intergalactic races and wars. The skrulls, kree, shiar. it all came together fantasticly in the war of kings saga.

i realy have to start reading up on DC comics though. they are a bit hard to come by here in holland.

Where is the alternative for both?!
    Bless the Maker and His water.
    Bless the coming and going of Him.
    May His passage cleanse the world.
    May He keep the world for His people.

Deleted
    DC for LEX LUTHOR!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    2000AD and Judge Dredd
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Voted DC because of Batman and The Joker. The others just kinda fail in my opinion, like Superman.

Marvel clearly have cool ones to like Spiderman and Ironman, but they just don't beat the Joker.

Batman => DC.
    \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Valore View Post
    Marvel. Deadpool.
    aka the internet.
    nigh un-killable, insane, random, meme spewing, and he never shuts up for longer then it takes to empty a clip.
    and we all love him for it, hell his very name Wade Wilson pokes fun of the fact he resembles(losely as hell they both wear masks of red and black and use swords) Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke (aka Slade if you watched/read teen titans/teen titans go!).

marvel they've made more better quality characters, and i have the 14 books of cards to prove it.
    none of the are truly perfect and only have a single weakness that can take them down, glowing rocks.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-01-29 at 10:37 AM.

Remember that the glowing rocks are very rare =P
    Bless the Maker and His water.
    Bless the coming and going of Him.
    May His passage cleanse the world.
    May He keep the world for His people.