Lightbulb African Turtle Cleave -- The Pet Choice

Just another odd thread from me, but I like opinions! I'll be running this comp. 4.0.6

I have a few ideas on which pet I should use for the comp -- if you don't know what the comp. consists of, here it is:

Marksman Hunter
    Protection Warrior
    Holy Paladin

3v3

So, here are my priorities for pets for this specific comp.:

1.) Ravager -- Why? Well, Prot has a lot of control and I will rely heavy upon my partner to keep at least a DPS controlled while we burst/I CC/etc. The pet, sadly, is currently bugged (sorry for the pun) and DRs on a 4% physical damage increase is terrible. If they fix it, I think the pet will be very nice for the comp.

2.) Scorpid -- Why? Tenacity, harder to kill than a Bird of Prey (I believe people will be training our pets more). We'll have two disarms and I think having two disarms will be some nice utility vs TSG and PHDK teams. [Bladestorms/DKs being highly vulnerable/a lot less damage.] And yes, two intervenes.

3.) Spider -- Why? Web is always and I mean always good, but I think of my partner can do his job, I shouldn't need the web. Although, I look harder and see web as a lovely offensive ability to stop LoS and burst. Spider could win out, I'm open to more ideas.

4.) Boar -- Why? Tenacity, once again for the same reasons as the Scorpid. The 30% bleed damage may be pretty good with the new and bigger crits from Aimed Shot and Chimera and those could be some nasty bleed ticks, but the Warrior will not benefit as much as we don't want any unness. bleeds if he wanted to shut down a healer for a moment before Scatter-->Traps. Think it outweighs the 4%?

5.) Sporebat -- Why? Well, that new change seems pretty cool. It'll be as efficient (or more) as the Core Hound (not sure if all types are being up to 30%). If the Sporecloud stays as planned, this will be very interesting to just slap on a healer/caster. AoE though and can move out of it.

6.) Crocolisk -- Why? Yeah, we do have snares, not a lot though. The Prot Warrior has picked up Piercing Howl and it's nice, but rage costly and my 'Frost' traps will be used as freezing on healers to land kills. So, maybe use a Crocolisk and put it on the other dps that we're not shutting down for kiting purposes? Would that outweigh the scorpid for melee cleaves? Gives us a desecration pet already!

7.) Monkey-wooha! --Why? Free Scatter? 'kay. Save my life and win the game? Maybe not. A Rude Manner on the non-kill target (not focus) during scatter traps may be really good, but we do have HoJ available 'n things. I'd like to be more open to the monkey, but I see it just not workin' out. I think more on-hands utility will go further. [Scatter trap is still more reliable because of the CD matching.)

Of course, I'd like opinions on which of these pets should be used on different comps and which ones you'd keep on you (4) [Or ones I didn't think about] -- gotta keep a Wolf on me for the 5%. Sorry for the wall.

Edit/Update: Spore Cloud (Sporebat) now has a 8 sec cooldown, down from 12 sec. Now reduces the casting speed of all enemy targets within 6 yards by 30% for 10 sec, up from 25% for 9 sec.

^I see this being very useful against any spell cleave comp, maybe good enough as a universal -- still want thoughts. =)
    Last edited by Fendel; 2011-01-28 at 11:12 PM.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Most pets will be giving you a very minimal increase in damage, you want control more than anything, I would go with a spider, seeing how prot warriors cant hamstring in defensive stance and the new conc shot + glyph will give you more than enough ability to keep someone slowed. If someone ends up having the advantage of closing the gap on you, then a spider would be great. Also you could use it just like a monkey to position a scatter trap, yes they could dispel it but chances are it might not be dispelled fast enough to actually save them.

Edit: Unless your pet dies while you have him out, you can always switch them out in arenas, dismiss is a 2 second cast so it wouldnt be any inconvience. Personally I have a bird of prey with me to disarm (mainly use it because of the imp dash with 100% uptime, making the switch faster)any TSG i go against or anything with a bursty melee class (mainly rogue or warrior) and the sporebat would help against any caster group. You can bring any of the pets you mentioned and switch them out but honestly, Utilitiy/control > marginal increased damage.
    Last edited by Bootycus; 2011-01-29 at 08:15 AM.

Having a monkey for a second free scatter-trap is awesome enough to warrant. It's also technically an extra interrupt in this way.

Get a fox to dance, this will be disarming for most groups as they will be rofl'ing wondering what the hell you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title just made me laugh out loud.

But monkey though.

On a side note name your pet something so goddam annoying to the point where it will get Player aggro. Sure it wont happen often but I've had my fair share of pvp where they just end up saying "fuck the hunter" and go for the spider named lolistunyou

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Get a fox to dance, this will be disarming for most groups as they will be rofl'ing wondering what the hell you're doing.
    This is pure fact. Also name the pet after yourself in all caps, that way it'll be harder for them to figure out who is who. Infact it's worked numerous times for me where my pet eats a spell intended for me.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!