Blessed Life in PvE?

So the first time i saw this... There was no words, so iv read some about it and people mean that its suppose to be a good talent to use in PvE.
    Witch i dont understand, they are saying the tooltip is wrong and you gain HP every 8sec from aoe etc from bosses. And its suppose to be "OP".
    So i checked World of Logs to check if it did infact procc on bosses. We have a holy paladin in our guild, so i checked Logs for Magmaw heroic (since he does often aoe breath to the raid, and "bolts") and on magmaw it procced 1time... (One) thats 1 HP, so WoL bugged? or does this talent really suck as it should in PvE?
    Spending 2 points in a talent that will give you 1-2 proccs (HP) in a 12min fight sounds like a waste to me.
    Thoughts, input?
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Some fights are good, some fights are terrible for it.

The worst two fights for Blessed Life are Magmaw and Valiona/Theralion. It's not uncommon to get 0 procs in those two fights just because of those bosses' mechanics.

On Omnitron, Maloriak, and a few other fights, I got around 15 HP from Blessed Life, around 15-20 HP from Eternal Glory, and around 4-8 HP from Tower of Radiance.

It's really up to personal preference, but it is -definitely- not a talent you should mock somebody for (not saying you did). I find it more useful than the alternatives (+range talents), but there are certainly people who will disagree.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-29 at 12:42 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Most likely he got hitted by a parazite. if it procs from aoe, it should be a lot more than 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zugzug View Post
    Most likely he got hitted by a parazite. if it procs from aoe, it should be a lot more than 1.
    It procs from some AoE, it really depends. It doesn't proc from any of Valiona/Theralion AoE, but it procs from all Maloriak AoE. It's really odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It procs from some AoE, it really depends. It doesn't proc from any of Valiona/Theralion AoE, but it procs from all Maloriak AoE. It's really odd.
    Suppose that's because the AoE from there isn't really caused by a npc, but a player via debuffs.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like Blessed Life. As Simca said, it's situational but often beats the alternative. I would not give anyone grief for having this in PVE; in fact, many high end paladins in Paragon (as well as other top-end guilds, but can't remember which ones) are specced into it, so there must be at least some merit to it.

I initally dismissed it as a PVP talent, I'll admit, but after seeing the discussion over at Elitist Jerks I decided to give it a shot, and I don't regret it one bit.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qj0l45rsaaua5dez/ Here is last night's WoL report (4 hours of raiding, which was really 3.5 hours of raiding because we started late). You can see I gained 123 Holy Power overall from Blessed Life. I am lazy and didn't sort it out by boss, but you can manipulate the data yourself to find it if you so choose.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-01-29 at 12:38 AM.

It's also a pretty useful talent, I thought it would be garbage but after looking at WoL it actually provides a lot of HP on certain fights like above ^^.
    In my guild we found it pretty easy for my to off tank the adds in P1 nef 10m as holy w/ righteous fury on. Works for us and this talent gives me ~5 hp (sometimes more b/c the spawns are staggered at the beginning) during that 40 second part alone.

It's common for PvP players to spec 1/2 Blessed Life since even 1 point guarantees 1 HoPo every 8 seconds. Anyone got any math to see if it could work in PvE?

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Despia View Post
    Suppose that's because the AoE from there isn't really caused by a npc, but a player via debuffs.
    Yeah, but it doesn't proc from the void zones, constant shadowbolt ball things, or the meteorites either, which makes no sense because I was walking by a "Brazier" in Orgrimmar today and it was like "DERP YOU HAVE 1 HOLY POWER NOW" and I was like... "wow".

Braziers are more direct damage than void zones, yet both are static things that apply constant AoE. Sense... this talent makes none?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    It's common for PvP players to spec 1/2 Blessed Life since even 1 point guarantees 1 HoPo every 8 seconds. Anyone got any math to see if it could work in PvE?
    From my logs, the procs were very uncommon, about every 30 or so seconds on average (15 across an 8 minute fight).

I'd say there is a small increase, perhaps, but if we pretended that Blessed Life was a 5% increase in HP generation for the first point, I'd say the second point was like a 4.75% increase. Basically, still a large increase between points 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-31 at 03:52 AM.

Hmm.. Thanks for your input! I will specc it in too one of my holy speccs to test it out.
    (And not to worry, i did not mock this trail because he used this talent, was just suprised too see it in PvE)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”