Are any comps viable for ele shaman in 3v3?

I understand resto is the top shaman spec atm, and i no doubt agree with this but ive been pvping ele ona nd off since bc. I dont really want to change spec if i dont have too. I was running hpala / destro / ele and we got to around 2060 and then ran into nothing but rls, shatterplay and pmr's and lost about 90 pts to those comps and dropped to about 1970 again. I was thinking of replacing pala for resto druid sine they are much harder to cc and bring more cc to the game. So what about some other comps that are able to compete at higher levels for ele?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hpally/Ele/DK is pretty solid from what I've seen. And I don't see how anyone loses to PMR at this point, their Priest is so weak it's not even funny, well actually it's hilarious. Also, Resto Druids are a lot easier to CC in Cataclysm. If they get polymorphed out of form, then they cannot shapeshift out anymore. Also, they're only going to be in form in cheetah and the duration of Tree of Life.

no, shammy stink

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Hpally/Ele/DK is pretty solid from what I've seen. And I don't see how anyone loses to PMR at this point, their Priest is so weak it's not even funny, well actually it's hilarious. Also, Resto Druids are a lot easier to CC in Cataclysm. If they get polymorphed out of form, then they cannot shapeshift out anymore. Also, they're only going to be in form in cheetah and the duration of Tree of Life.
    pmr is weaker but mage went invis and priest sits back while i get sapped..and by the time sap wore off our pala was dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NecropK View Post
    pmr is weaker but mage went invis and priest sits back while i get sapped..and by the time sap wore off our pala was dead.
    Rush in, spread the fuck out so if a sap happens, it takes the rogue forever to sap you. If a partner gets sapped, make sure they run away from you so the rogue can't get to them.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sailboats View Post
    The highest team is 2500, not much help. A lot of top ranked players moved out of BG9 I'm pretty sure, so you can't really count that as the toughest BG if you linked that for that reason.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Priest is so weak it's not even funny, well actually it's hilarious
    it makes me cry..................

ele/dk/rdruid is pretty solid.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I tried ele but melee usually ganked my ass too quick

Resto ftw!

What about LSD? I know theres an lsd comp on my server over 2500 atm. Any opinions on this?

go enh, it's the most OP shaman spec atm - it'll make everything easier

15+ Year Old Account
    enhancement is solid now, rock solid, i wouldn't even think about playing Elemental with the way Enhance is right now.

also, Elemental is THE worst spec in the game right now, there is no question about it. they haven't received much change since Wrath, actually, almost zero change, but lost PVP talents at the same time (Astral Shift). you will not be able to deal damage against any melee while they're on you and your LvB will be neutralized by any healer team and your SwG will be near useless, also neutralized by any team with an offensive dispeller.

i would say roll with an affliction lock just so your flameshock doesn't get dispelled, but my real advice is switch out of Elemental while you still can, it's that bad.

the only reason Ele was close to any good was because HP pools were small and you could do a lot of burst in the beginning of the match. all burst for Ele has been destroyed and with Resto shaman being your main counter and highly represented, you'd be lucky to even keep your Elemental Mastery up for 2 seconds before it's caught and dispelled.
    Last edited by msdos; 2011-01-30 at 12:08 AM.