Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I would like attunements to be an easy soloable quest line which gives some lore about the raid and the bosses in it. It should take half an hour max and should be mini patched in a week before the main patch release to allow players to attune themselves in plenty of time. Anything more than that becomes a hurdle to playing the game rather than something which facilitates the enjoyment of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like attunements back. I remember even during TBC (the earlier part), that the heroic versions of dungeons required you to buy a key from the respective dungeon's faction quartermaster (all the dungeons had a faction related to it). During the early stage of TBC, you had to be revered with those factions to be able to buy the key. Sure, it was annoying (and I didn't really have any alts in those early days), but once you got through that, you'd mostly only play with persons that knew how to handle heroics (it is also good to remember that heroics were a new thing back then). They changed it to honored, though.

I also remember when they removed the attunement requirements from raids like Karazhan. You could enter Karazhan without during the attunement keys, but you still had to open the doors to get in, which required at least one in the raid to have done the attunement quests. After a while, no one in Kara-raids had that key.

Nostalgia-post ftw.

attunements are annoying, but they really worked for weeding out idiots before raids. the only people in karazhan were people who could do karazhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I think they were awesome, I truthfully wish they would come back.
    It gave me a reason to go out and quest. The only reason I did any quests in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon during TBC was so I could get attuned to various places, and I don't regret any second of it. The quests were pretty awesome.
    I also think it gives a reason for people to actually go out and do things. In WotLK, I didn't find very many people going out and just questing "just because." Most of my guild and friends list either PvPed or idled in a city, only going to a zone to go herbing or mining. Even now, most of my friends list does that, or archaeology, or go out and quest just to get the portal to a zone and the tabard for the special faction.

I think they should come back. Maybe nothing extremely hard and time-taking, but maybe some instance-quest where you had to kill the final boss in order to advance.

Like, for example. You'd have to kill Chogall, nefarian and al'akir in order to go into the next content. It would make recruiting for guilds much more tedious, basically crushing recruitment, but I think it would keep the old content alive. During WotLK, I remember the only reason people killed OS was for a 3d zerg or because it was 'easy points' (or badges). Naxx and malygos was just dead. :\ When leveling my alts, I just went to ToC to gear up instead of raiding past content which I would've loved.

Honestly, I think they should just make simple tier attunements. Currently, we have the Defender of a Shattered World title that require you to kill the heroic dungeon bosses and the end-raid bosses on any difficulty.
    Put that title as an attunement for T12 and make a similar title for T12 content to unlock T13. That means to clear out the last tier of the expansion, you need to have killed all the bosses in the expansion which, to me, makes a hell of a more sense than just a rich alt buying a heroic Lich King kill without even having cleared a heroic. :/

Now that there is such a thing as achievements and the game is capable of tracking those, I think using them as an attunement source would be excellent. In order to unlock T12 normal you would have had to do T11 normal, and so on. Maybe every 2 tiers cut out the oldest one (i.e., not have to do T11 to do T13, but would have to do T12).

One of the many problems in Wrath was new players hitting 80, running a day of heroics for emblems, and then jumping into a TotC pug and failing miserably. The game could use some way to gate new players and give them experience but should do so in a way that's mostly unobtrusive to seasoned player's alts and stuff.

Maybe account-wide achievements for raid kill credit? Not get the titles and points, but get the attunement credit for having done it before.
    Last edited by Tore; 2011-01-29 at 07:08 PM.

if they dare to bring it back I and most of the guilds i play with will quit, it was the worst system ever it wasnt about people being lazzy and wanting loot now it was something that evan those in top guilds and the world/realm first groups hated to do it wasted rediculos amounts of time not to mention how boring it was.

although personaly i dont count myself as stating to play wow till about mid BC i did play with my friends guild about a third of the way into vanila but didnt do much just leveld and atempted the raids when they were short on people (geting all 40 buffed and organised was hell so a lot rotated out to avoide geting stressed) and it was NOT fun to do the atunment quests, i quit just befor BC, along with others as we thought it would have atunment as it didnt we came back.

if you like the idea then RP it, dont enter the raids till after you have done all quests in a zone and got that zones factions rep up, problem solved for ya :P
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No thanks, attunements only set the pace backwards and when you have people leave your guild while progressing through a raid and then need to attune new members you'll hate it. I did at least, during TBC.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin