Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Call of the wild discussion

As all good hunters know Call of the wild is one of major cooldowns DPS wise for all specs, Im going to be honest here and admit i dont read up a whole lot on my class other than the basics and i couldnt find an answer anywhere on the fourms so i figured i would make my own post asking.

Lets assume you are on a Baradin Hold type boss fight, Where your only goal is to pump out as much DPS as you can, Your group has every single buff possible so it does not matter what pet you decide to bring to the raid, Once Call of the wild is over is it worth dismissing your pet (2 seconds of no DPS) to bring out another and popping Call of the wild once again? (I suppose with a total of 5 pets you could do it 5 times)

10+ Year Old Account
    They share CD if I am not mistaken. It would obviously be OP if you could chain up 5 Call of the Wild just so you can almost immediately do the same thing over again.

Unless its a bug, they dont share a CD, I've been testing it on the dummies

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont share a CD and yes this would work i myself sometimes call another pet out to use its CotW especially if my pet had despawned due to range etc (sometimes happens on atremedies), wether or not it would be an increase on a short fight like BH i dont know but it probably wouldnt be as much of a loss if you was to do it whilst in the 66/33% phase trandition when dps is lowerr than usual anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Yeah, I might start using it on fights at those moments where your not pulling optimal DPS, or when im unable to to hit the target on fights like Ascendant council when i have the rod and the boss is out of range

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, Going to have to try this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Yes you can do it, but keep in consideration if you'r being asked to use a specific pet for a buff. Aside from that, yeah, its chainable. I do it quite a bit.

Pop it at the start of a fight, @ 40% dismiss and grab another ferocity pet, 35% dismiss and pull out a cunning pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm never though of that! It seems like DPS increase and the 2sec cast for dismiss makes it not be insanely OP. NICE IDEA!!!!... but ill have to test this out!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

hmm I'm going to have to test this out @ tomorrows raid I guess it's all about timing really you don't wanna delay an explosive shot for too long so i reckon you can do it @60 or so focus just after explosive shot with no BA refreshing nearby..

or as MM just after chimera and doublesteady refresh

Don't even dismiss it. Tell your pet to run to the farthest point you can find, and keep dpsing away until it despawns. Then call out the next one. I've done it a few times on atramedes.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFg i haven't thought of that lol.Nice to know.I will try on dummies.
    BUT
    For sure ,blizard will fix this bug
    Last edited by Rilancio; 2011-01-29 at 11:29 AM.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

15+ Year Old Account
    Thought we could only use one pet per fight, or atleast that is what Blizzard intended. So when you start doing this it would be fixed quicker

Since I guess I've never tried before, never really needed to try before....you can dismiss while in combat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't count on it being fixed, you have been able to do this since patch 4.0.1
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Since I guess I've never tried before, never really needed to try before....you can dismiss while in combat?
    Apparently. I didn't know either, this might be interesting I'm quite sure Blizzard will at least take a look at these mechanics, sometime..

I am sure people smarter than me will (or have) test this, but in the time it takes to dismiss (hoping your 2sec cast isnt interrupted or pushed back by raid dmg), summon a new pet, lose most of the pet raid buffs, will the loss of your high dmg dealing shots during that time outweigh the benefit gained by another 20seconds of +10%AP? Each time you do this your losing auto shots, a couple cobra shots, and possibly pushing back ES if it doesn't go smoothly. Just curious to see what others have come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I am sure people smarter than me will (or have) test this, but in the time it takes to dismiss (hoping your 2sec cast isnt interrupted or pushed back by raid dmg), summon a new pet, lose most of the pet raid buffs, will the loss of your high dmg dealing shots during that time outweigh the benefit gained by another 20seconds of +10%AP? Each time you do this your losing auto shots, a couple cobra shots, and possibly pushing back ES if it doesn't go smoothly. Just curious to see what others have come up with.
    Pets don't get buffed, just saying.

Ok then replace that line with "possibly losing the raid buff your pet was bringing". In 25 mans it probably won't be a huge deal but in ten mans it could hurt the raid overall.

Thanks for the reminder.

Deleted
    Players have been doing this for quite a while in arena. Not just Call of the Wild either. I guess hunter representation in arena is low enough that it took this long in general for other players to notice, haha.

2x Call of the Wild might be debatable but I can see the value of swapping to a cunning pet just before 35% if CotW is on cooldown. I'm going to have to try that.