Page 1 of 3
LastLast

healing p2 nef w/ crackle problems

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ohtee/advanced <My toon

I'm currently having a shitload of trouble healing P2 nef with a crackle. I either go oom, or someone dies. I'm on the platform with a Blood DK, Prot warrior, Surv huntard, and myself. I've been using renew and PoH w/ aoe chakra up, but the crackle always seems to just shit on my group. Can anyone help me out? Give me some advice on what your do etc.

tl;dr I can't heal p2 nef help meh.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't give you healing advice, but you can try putting the fourth guy on another healer's platform (we have four on the paladin's) or just don't push crackles in p2

Mana will be very tight in P2 as most of the healers are sitting OOM at the end. I assume crackle=electrocute? The best advice I can offer is push him into an electrocute ASAP (for me that would be @ 70%) before dealing with the adds and then blow your DH and hope for the best for the rest of the phase. I luckily have a bear tank use her innervate on me to make it through. Nef's HP ideally should be ready for another electrocute when entering P3 (or 61%). P3 will become quite a pain if you don't at least get one electrocute off in P2.

Just remember, raid CDs (like raid wall) need to be used every electrocute.
    Last edited by Maxpowr; 2011-02-01 at 06:48 AM.

Go disc, drop barrier.

As holy, blow whatever cooldowns you can spare and make sure the others on your platform are using whatever personal damage reduction cooldowns they have.

Save your lightwell & shadowfriend and slap that puppy down right when you hop out of the lava, and tell them bitches to click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkosaurus View Post
    Save your lightwell & shadowfriend and slap that puppy down right when you hop out of the lava, and tell them bitches to click it!
    Best part is I already do that. Tell them to click it and everything :>

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    Best part is I already do that. Tell them to click it and everything :>
    You can get one lightwell down right on the edge off the platform and it will expire sometimes during p2, always having a lightwell up is gonna save you.

If your group is close to topped off before the crackle, you're not missing any interrupts and people aren't standing in lava, the only advice I can give is to just give it everything you have.

Lightwell makes a huge difference, spam PoH, CoH, Prayer of Mending every cd, and throw down HW Sanctuary too. If you can't keep up your group by doing that with your gear, I suspect some Blast Novas are going off or something. The only other thing you can do is have your DK and warrior use some defensive cds to ease the strain.

Edit: Perhaps also change your Guardian Spirit Glyph to Lightwell.
    Last edited by Arjana; 2011-02-01 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Howmany crackles are you accually pushing in p2?

Deleted
    if you're doing 10man you dont actually need to take crackles in p2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillie View Post
    if you're doing 10man you dont actually need to take crackles in p2
    No, that is true.

However, pushing one crackle in phase 2 accually really makes things easier in phase 3.

But pushing more than one crackle can be fatal if you cant keep up with it.

Edit: Though i think you should be able to push a second crackle with that kind of gear.. i couldve taken a second crackle near the end of p2 and my gear is unsuprerior, though we didnt push it.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-02-01 at 09:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've always pushed 2 crackles in Phase 2, weird.

What I do is use Chakra: Serenity and spam Heal to keep Renew rolling. I cast Binding Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal (depending on time) when a Crackle is announced or close to make sure everyone survives.

edit: I think this is a good example where Haste beats Mastery.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-02-01 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    We've always pushed 2 crackles in Phase 2, weird.

What I do is use Chakra: Serenity and spam Heal to keep Renew rolling. I cast Binding Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal (depending on time) when a Crackle is announced or close to make sure everyone survives.
    Im probebly going to get facepalmed at for this.. but does binding heal reset renew on both targets? :s

That 10 or 25man ulti?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not yet, it will at least refresh on the person you cast it on next patch though.

10 man.

---

Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i knew they were going to change that.

Anyway, 1 crackle should defo be doable, 2 if you can take it. Use Vent, if you got the mana and throughput to keep people alive another crackle, and everyone else does. Go for it as it will make phase 3 laughable.

(also pushed 3 crackles in p1 btw)

Deleted
    How can it be a problem with a DK (spell barrier every crackle so no damage to him) and prot warrior (large health pool damage reduction talents and CDs) and a hunter (Deterrence)? So you pretty much just need to focus on yourself for the crackles. Either you are doing something wrong, or the people on your platform is. If you guildmates are just standing around lol'ing not using and damage reduction CD's on the crackle, i can see how this is a poblem healing with your current gear.. otherwise you should be fine with the class setup you described.
    Last edited by mmocd2f7e4e79d; 2011-02-01 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i only just noticed you are with 4 people on your platform, ive done it with 3 including myself. Id advice to take a Hpala with 4 people though, they seem to have the least problems with that.

a shaman with nature res totem helps a lot too

Deleted
    You could also do it like we did it on our 1st Nefakill. Take three electrocutes in 1st phase. The trick here is to push Nefa down to 70% at the same time as Ony dies, so he will cast electrocute right after and you will have time to AoE heal everybody at the center before the lava rises.

EDIT: Why do you reforge crit to haste and haste to mastery? Why not crit to mastery? I myself play a druid and I don't really know about priest's stat prios, but still that seems kinda weird.
    Last edited by mmoc243defdff8; 2011-02-01 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daehin View Post
    a shaman with nature res totem helps a lot too
    No such thing as nature res totem, and i think Elemental Resistance Totem has same res as motw of BoK, and does not stack.