Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    Sims, EJ, sims, EJ, sims, EJ, sims, EJ....

So sick of hearing of this crap. Guess who posts on EJ. Same people who post everywhere else; way to get swept up in a name.
    Well, what proof do you have that haste is better than crit? Dps parse of you doing ground breaking dps in full haste?

Frost is almost global capped, it already has pretty fast wep swings, therefore the gains from haste are:

1) Faster rune regeneration - wasted due to being as good as capped on your globals
    2) Faster white swings - gain on 1 attack, minimal increase due to already decent wep speeds

Crit outside of km will give increased damage on white swings, frost strike, non km procced attacks and hb.

These are the reasons why, the proof of this are in the sims and the dps parses, unless you have some solid evidence to counter this well documented information do not go around misinforming the dk community.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So sick of hearing of this crap. Guess who posts on EJ. Same people who post everywhere else; way to get swept up in a name.
    If you've ever been to a EJ thread you would understand the difference immediately. Their forums are heavily moderated and provide a ridiculous amount of mathematics to back up their claims. It's like a University research project, where as most forums are Junior High science fairs being attended, and chaperoned, by monkeys. Except MMO-Champion. We're cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted

Feel free to provide evidence that haste is better, until then I'll follow the advice of the people who spend far too much time testing these things

Are the people at EJ always right? No. But that doesn't change the fact that they ARE right the vast majority of the time. Besides, the thread on Frost DPS has been up for a good long while now. If there was a major flaw in the way the author calculated the stat weights, it would have been pointed out long before now.

No one listen to RabbitPrime, please. He obviously doesn't understand the concept of GCD cap.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More mastery and more haste. Less crit rating.
    more crit over haste not the other way around. actually just get mastery and forget haste for DW

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 01:15 AM ----------

Killing Machine affecting both Frost Strike and Oblit make crit worse than haste up to around 15% haste.
    yes KM does affect oblit and FS but that doesnt make haste better than crit for DW.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

What in the hell are you talking about. You were wrong. Deal with it.

Echoing everything that was said, less PvP gear (only the epics are worth it, and only in certain slots, see: my necklace, if the hit is used fully it's better than Gift of Nadun), get more mastery. A lot more mastery.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Crit outside of km will give increased damage on white swings, frost strike, non km procced attacks and hb.
    True on all accounts to also include Blood strikes

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 01:18 AM ----------

It changed during Wrath shortly before ICC, IIRC.
    RI:FC is still a better option and DOES actually matter.

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 01:24 AM ----------

if you had actual information proving any of your already proven false claims people would stop telling you to stop posting. but since you don't listen to people and bring accusations and false information instead of proof (not that you could since the proof has already been posted) you are only showing us that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-01-31 at 07:20 AM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Deleted
    Well, the armory has been updated, this is outcome of my geming/ reforging.. please say what you want and point out the faults, thanks!

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/p%C3%BAddi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    if you had actual information proving any of your already proven false claims people would stop telling you to stop posting. but since you don't listen to people and bring accusations and false information instead of proof (not that you could since the proof has already been posted) you are only showing us that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Much like the actual information in this thread proving crit is better? Or do I just need a majority to say "yeah, that sounds right"? This community is so ridiculous sometimes.

It changed during Wrath shortly before ICC, IIRC. If you have the math showing why it's a DPS boost I'd appreciate seeing it.
    The reason for FC on the offhand is because ToT offhand strikes cannot be parried/dodged/missed. Having FC on the offhand will give a VERY slightly higher uptime than having it on the mainhand, HOWEVER this is only relevant on fights in which, you stand in front of the boss, you arent exp capped, you arent hit capped. Regardless, having RI on the offhand is never a dps gain, so why have it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheps View Post
    Well, the armory has been updated, this is outcome of my geming/ reforging.. please say what you want and point out the faults, thanks!

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/p%C3%BAddi/advanced
    U need alot of hit. get it too 12% and expertise too 25-26 and after that mastery all the way. Change the 208 haste gem with mastery in your head.

Use thse gems

40 str
    20 str 20 mastery

when u are capped ofc.

If u wanna raid, Get the chilblains talents, its worth getting for alot of encounter.

Myself is doing around 20k dps with ilvl 351 gear equipped on magmaw, so works okay.

Hope it helped

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    U need alot of hit. get it too 12% and expertise too 25-26 and after that mastery all the way. Change the 208 haste gem with mastery in your head.

Use thse gems

40 str
    20 str 20 mastery

when u are capped ofc.

If u wanna raid, Get the chilblains talents, its worth getting for alot of encounter.

Myself is doing around 20k dps with ilvl 351 gear equipped on magmaw, so works okay.

Hope it helped
    Do NOT get 12% hit. You only need 8%.

Deleted
    Well, i have got hit to 8% and expertise to 26... due to the DW talent in frost, i still do around 10-11k on a dummy.. what am i doing wrong, i've looked up elitejeks frost spec / rotation but still...

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zheps View Post
    Well, i have got hit to 8% and expertise to 26... due to the DW talent in frost, i still do around 10-11k on a dummy.. what am i doing wrong, i've looked up elitejeks frost spec / rotation but still...

Thanks for the help!
    Get your hit to an actual 8% so your spells are hit capped with Virulence.

Someone says 12% other says 8% .... im gonna test it now

Edit : had 12.1% hit a did 13.1k on dummy

Switched too 8.5% hit and dropped down too 12.8k

Explain ??
    Last edited by Schalde; 2011-02-01 at 02:19 PM.

There's nothing to test. The spell hit cap is 17%

12+9=21
    8+9=17

There's nothing to test. The spell hit cap is 17%

12+9=21
    8+9=17
    Well my spellhit cap is only 6.5% when im hitcapped with 8.5% on my melee. so if i wanna cap myself on 8%, i will miss like 10% on my spells

Edit : had 12.1% hit a did 13.1k on dummy

Switched too 8.5% hit and dropped down too 12.8k

Explain ??
    Reason why you are probably seeing a dps gain with hit is due to lack of optimal use, DW is proc based and your dps will increase significantly when you use those procs perfectly. The dps gain from hit is not dependent on skill, so whilst extra hit as dw is not terrible (you will gain some dps) it is not optimal, (mastery/crit for ex would be better)

chillblains is wasted points try this build to get your 3/3 epidemic http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jbGZMI0rfuRzfz0h

blue gems - 20 str 20 hit instead of the crit/hit

use this simulator http://meliades.org/cataclysm/DKSIM.html to assess your dps given your gear, it's still not completely accurate for cata but overall gives a good idea of where you should be for your gear.

From what i can see you have changed the things you need to primarily and your dps for your gear is not that bad (based off the sim results)

follow the EJ thread here http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110296-.../#Stat_Weights to keep up to date on your class changes, follow stat weights and such.

If you are struggling to get used to the priority system of a frost dk CLC_DK is a good addon for starter frost players, basically tells you which spell to use next.

so to sum up, few small changes and your dps is about where it should be, only thing left is to get experience playing the class and keep up to date on any changes.