Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    stop whining, the damage is laughable,
    Pot calling the kettle black when you say stop whining. Once you stop whining that having the best Dispel Protection in the game is so difficult, then maybe people will stop pointing out you are wrong.

I am going to throw some numbers at you now, so try and keep up.

They Dispel Unstable Affliction, it does 2007 base damage.
    They Dispel Vampiric Youch, it does 0 damage
    They Dispel Living Bomb, it does 0 damage.

2007 > 0

and a fear effect is much more valuable then a silence (lol, line of site trololol)
    It's a Horror, not a Fear, by the way. And it lasts at maximum three seconds.

Oh, let's add this too:
    Only lasts three seconds maximum
    DRs with itself
    Breaks on damage

But it's a Horror! Feel free to let the developers

yours would be FAR superior if there was no DR
    But there is.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-29 at 09:55 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    So you're saying being the best isn't good enough?
    No, i would not.
    But even though it is the Best its still laughable how "good" the protection is.
    The 15k damage will keep NO Healer ever from dispelling. Event the 5 seconds silence is, thanks to the actual Health-Pools, not that much of a concern.
    And don´t forget. You can, if lucky, dispell all Dots exept UA. Which makes it really RNG if the "Protection" works or not

Quote Originally Posted by emopriest View Post
    whats up?!?! nah but really U.A really sucks these days and i cant see blizzard doing a shit about it! in rated bgs for the moment iam fucking useless except my CC! putting UA on targets is worthless all healers dispels it all the time, the dmg is crap! like 15k.. i know in tbc/wotlk it was atleast almost the same dmg as it is now..

anyway what is your thought about UA atm? do you think its fine?.. lol

and really i think our dmg from dots is to low.. but maybe its only me!
    So . Go play destro spec , try to beat a healer , then come here and complain about UA locks . Kai ?

Yea I really can't see what your QQ'ing about? I love afflic pvp. Some damage is better than none right? And I must point out, Unholy DK's have better protection, they can either have their runes refunded upon dispel or the death coil dot protects from dispell apparently. Anyway 15k and a silence is shitloads better than everyone else. You forget that it costs about 12k mana even when a healer glyphs/talents dispell for less mana cost to remove corruption, bane, UA and Haunt. Plus they get locked out of casting for a tad and take 15k damage. Nuke em as soon as they get silenced, put up dots, death coil and soulburn DR, leaves em usually low on hp, costing even more to flash heal back up in the ensuing panic. You can still fear, howl of terror, seduce as well if you haven't already. So yea, stop whinging, play a ret pally in pvp then u can QQ all you want and it'd be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    No, i would not.
    But even though it is the Best its still laughable how "good" the protection is.
    The 15k damage will keep NO Healer ever from dispelling. Event the 5 seconds silence is, thanks to the actual Health-Pools, not that much of a concern.
    And don´t forget. You can, if lucky, dispell all Dots exept UA. Which makes it really RNG if the "Protection" works or not
    Does it actually encourage people to Dispel it so they become immune to your other CC?

Vampiric Embrace does.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black when you say stop whining. Oh, let's add this too:
    Only lasts three seconds maximum
    DRs with itself
    Breaks on damage

But there is.
    UA only lasts 4 seconds maximum

and personally, I'd prefer it if VT DIDN'T have DR, dispel protection is to stop mindless dispelling and make you think, a dispel protection should be a PUNISHMENT, neither of which currently are: yours rewards them for dispelling it, and ours is just laughable at best. how about we stop arguing whose turd is shittier, and start working together to get BOTH of our dispel protects working as they should.
    simple solution, remove DR from VT, buff UA's damage. you won't be worried about losing your other CC, we'll have some damage compensation for when they run behind a pillar (or hell, change the silence into a non DR stun)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Currently (and even after 4.0.6) UA is the strongest dispell protection out there, no discussion.
    yes, and so what? just because compared to other classes it's relatively strong, it doesn't matter if it's still shit in the end. yes, 2 damage is RELATIVELY 20x better than .1 damage, but that doesn't make it significant.

also quit posting stupid lines like "no discussion" wtf do you think forums are for? posting meme pics?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's still the best in game. Stop bitching about being only the best and go on about how you want to be overpowered instead.
    What other dispel protection is in there? Last I checked its the only one, so its also the worst dispel protection. Not to mention everyone just dispels through it anyways so it doesn't seem like its really protecting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    What other dispel protection is in there? Last I checked its the only one, so its also the worst dispel protection. Not to mention everyone just dispels through it anyways so it doesn't seem like its really protecting anything.
    Vampiric Touch and the talent Sin and Punishment.

It's like Unstable Affliction except it does no damage and lasts less time and DRs itself and DRs Psychic Horror and breaks on damage. It's "advantage" is that it horrifies them instead of silencing them.

Warlocks are underpowered in pvp.

What?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Shaman and I gotta admit, UA is shit. LOL. Dispellin UA's all day wuddup. GET@ME

But seriously, why do these scrub SPriests come QQ to our QQ thread? They could just make their own.
    Hi

Wish I could rate up Abandon's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    But seriously, why do these scrub SPriests come QQ to our QQ thread? They could just make their own.
    Because you keep whining and making new whine threads about how you clearly need to be buffed because the best Dispel protection in the game isn't good enough for you.

its complete shit and needs some kind of buff to increase the damage taken when players find it fine to spam dispel it... no thats not okay defeats the purpose of having the upside as affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    unstable affliction (lol pillar)
    vampiric touch (lol DR's)
    unholy blight (FFFFFUUUUUUUU)

seriously, neither of us have the best protection, unholy DK's get FREAKING DISPEL IMMUNITY!

and what about poor fire mages? LB no longer explodes when removed, and destro locks have 2 DoTs, one of which needs to be up for nearly all of their spells to be effective

again, let's stop arguing and actually work together to make dispel protects actually PROTECT

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampiric Touch is a whole different ability, are you Priests saying you want a Warlock ability? Let's give warriors Flash of Light.

why all the cry. i have been playing lock since wotlk shipped, and i dont feel like it should be buffed (damage wise). I do have a big problem with shamans dispelling, but thats about the only class that can actively dispell it. And they are getting nerfed
    Damage isnt awsome or anything, but considering we have 3dots rolling on a target more than 15k non crit dmg seems fine to me.
    That makes another 15k for corruption, and a 10k for agony. = 40k+ dmg
    Try dispelling all that while you keep on dotting every1...
    Soul swap that shit and in a few globals your dmg has doubled making you do lots moar dmg than that warrior or anything

The only buff i could see needed is a boost on dispell dmg, cuz 2k is like rly rly rly lol
    Last edited by necroguy; 2011-01-29 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Vampiric Touch and the talent Sin and Punishment.

It's like Unstable Affliction except it does no damage and lasts less time and DRs itself and DRs Psychic Horror and breaks on damage. It's "advantage" is that it horrifies them instead of silencing them.
    So what, you're hating on warlock dispel protection because VT dispel protection sucks? can't they BOTH suck and need buffs? or are you just trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Vampiric Touch is a whole different ability, are you Priests saying you want a Warlock ability? Let's give warriors Flash of Light.
    ...Vampiric Touch has been the Shadow Priest Dispel Protection talent for years, you are a little late to the "They stole our ability" bandwagon. It used to actually do damage, but instead they decided to remove that and make it utterly useless instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    So what, you're hating on warlock dispel protection because VT dispel protection sucks? can't they BOTH suck and need buffs? or are you just trolling.
    Not trolling, but when people claim that it's terrible when it's actually not, and is in desparate need of a buff when other similar abilities are far worse, I just get an urge to point out why I believe they are incorrect. The main "problem" with Unstable Affliction isn't actually to do with your talent at all, but the Shaman talent which makes they Dispel also heal which pretty much negates the damage of it. Against other classes it's still quite good.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-29 at 10:05 PM.