X4 Call of the Wild in a 9 minute fight?

This is Kripparrians parse for a Cho'gall Heroic kill. His cat used 4 Call's of the Wild. How?

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly 2 different cats? I dunno if the cooldown applys for all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoted from a post someone made on wowhead under the Call of the Wild spell:

By Ristaina on 06/04/2010 (Patch 3.3.3)
    You can actually stack this up to 4 times before pulling the boss. First make a macro like
    /cast Call of the WIld
    /cast Furious Howl(Rank 6)
    /petpassive
    Then in your raid just follow these easy steps:

1) Put misdirection on the main tank (important you *will* pull)

2) Open up your Call Stabled Pet window.

3) Press your macro and switch to your next wolf, rotate wolves till you have 3 or 4 of CotW & FH (I like to keep my last wolf's avail for killshot range) Pop a potion for added effect

4) Start the deeps as normal (be sure MD is up!)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how. Or something similar.

Deleted
    CotW has a 300 second CD. you can reduce that by 30% (i.e. to 210 seconds) by speccing BM. that's 3.5 minutes. in addition, you can stack call of the wild by using call pet X before combat.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    CotW has a 300 second CD. you can reduce that by 30% (i.e. to 210 seconds) by speccing BM. that's 3.5 minutes. in addition, you can stack call of the wild by using call pet X before combat.
    I doubt kripp is rolling as BM though.. the thing is either:

1) prestacking the CotW
    or
    2) swapping out pet during fight (2sec cast for a 20sec +10% ap buff stacked with rapid fire/BL) not sure if this is worth it, but yeah it might be it.

only used it twice... you can watch the video to see = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0gjjI7CQw0

whatever logs you saw may show 4 because its cast twice on myself, and twice on my pet

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not 100% sure if they hotfixed this, but somewhere around pre-shattering, you could get alot of CoTW per fight without dismissing your pet... i.e I was punching sindy in the face, she flew up like a little girl and my silly pet followed (thus dismissed), I Was able to call a new pet and it's CoTW was off CD...that was prolly very random and very off-topic

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    I doubt kripp is rolling as BM though.. the thing is either:
    2) swapping out pet during fight (2sec cast for a 20sec +10% ap buff stacked with rapid fire/BL) not sure if this is worth it, but yeah it might be it.
    The average person with terrible internet is effectivly missing out on alot more than 2 seconds of cast time with their lag, so this method (although very unorthodox) may be viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    just tried this out using the simple macro:

/cast call of the wild
    /cast dismiss pet

using this its possible to get 4 buffs with about 11/12 seconds still left on the oldest buff, getting up to 18k AP totally unbuffed.
    anybody know if theres a way to macro call pet? ie /call pet 3 etc? if this was possible you could make a mashable macro button and get the cast time for the 4 buffs down to something like 6/7 seconds i think
    Last edited by Seveer3; 2011-01-30 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Although it does seem pretty OP that you can stack CotW, it probably is most beneficial if you cast it along with Rapid Fire or Bloodlust rather than stacking it 5 times pre pull. Alot of work casting 5 CotW for about 4-5 seconds of 50% RAP.

2-3 Pets during the fight for 2-3 separate CotW sounds more feasible - plus I've tried and confirmed this.