Archaeology: who hates nelfs?

So I figure, "Ok, I'll level-up on nelf sites since they're so numerous on Kalimdor and I'm Horde and why spend all the time collecting troll and dwarf fragments that I don't want to burn until 450+ anyway?"

I level up on Kalimdor and it's, "Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, OMG! A fossil dig! Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site..."

Now I'm at 525 and I've completed 90% of the rare nelf artifacts and still haven't even gotten the epic. Not only that, but even though there's dwarf and troll stuff I want, I want the tol'vir sites even more, so now it's, "Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, *yawn* fossil dig, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, OMG! A tol'vir dig! Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site..."

*twitch*

Fossil is worse, like way worse for me, and if you want dwarf/troll, go Eastern Kingdoms, and for Tol'vir, you just gotta suck it up that you're gonna get excess in fossil and night elf digsites.

If you want dwarf and troll, go eastern kingdoms. Kalimdor is loaded with night elf sites, and is also unfortunately the only place for tol'vir frags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the RNG that is the profession that holds some of the BiS weapon and armor outside of raiding in the game
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So you expected kalimdor the place night elfs had been for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before anyone else to have scarce history? yeah

right...

Deleted
    I was really lucky with the RNG, and had every last Night Elf rare after just 47 solves. Yes, including the trinket. Now I'm collecting Tol'Vir, and basically everything outside of Uldum, Bael Modan and the few Tanaris Troll dig sites is useless to me. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    I was really lucky with the RNG, and had every last Night Elf rare after just 47 solves. Yes, including the trinket. Now I'm collecting Tol'Vir, and basically everything outside of Uldum, Bael Modan and the few Tanaris Troll dig sites is useless to me. Fun!
    I console myself by keeping all the crappy grey items (and all the crappy blue and purple ones too!), knowing that the next patch I'm going to at least be able to make a bit of gold from them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love nelf since I need the trinket, but it does get boring sometimes ofcourse.

I find it more stupid that there is a dwarf digsite in kalimdor where a troll digsite should be.

I mean, come on, snakes aren't dwarf stuff.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    So I figure, "Ok, I'll level-up on nelf sites since they're so numerous on Kalimdor and I'm Horde and why spend all the time collecting troll and dwarf fragments that I don't want to burn until 450+ anyway?"

I level up on Kalimdor and it's, "Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, OMG! A fossil dig! Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site..."

Now I'm at 525 and I've completed 90% of the rare nelf artifacts and still haven't even gotten the epic. Not only that, but even though there's dwarf and troll stuff I want, I want the tol'vir sites even more, so now it's, "Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, *yawn* fossil dig, nelf site, nelf site, nelf site, OMG! A tol'vir dig! Nelf site, nelf site, nelf site..."

*twitch*
    I have all nelf epics and 4000+ fragments. Farming tol'vir I still like nelf a bit, must say more than fossile. Thanks to trinket farming ppl out there I gain some gold for my scrolls. Knowing nelf digging can give me those makes it a bit more fun. No gamebreaking gold supply, but I'm not to picky in gaining large amounts of gold atm so it's ok.

So far I've burned through both seasons of ''Legend of the Seeker'' and ''Merlin'', atm watching abc's ''Greek'' while flying around and digging... Seems that the only thing archaeology is good for is catching up on series I haven't seen yet. No doll yet though, I just hope I won't run out of things to watch before I get it.
    Slowly starting to hate them.

I'm leveling arch up on an alt based on a rumor I heard about increasing the chance of the rares to drop, have over 1000 nelf and troll fragments, solving only dwarf and fossil, at 410 now. Will burn through nelf at 450, then troll, hopefully getting sword and doll

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten every single nelf rare, including the trinket. I /facepalm everytime I get a new nelf site.
    I was lucky enough to get the AQ mount from Tol'vir pretty quickly though, so that helped.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me, Nelf sites are pretty sweet. They're plentiful, and I've yet to discover the trinket. I got both fossils while levelling up, and hit Zin'rokh within an hour of maxing the skill, so tol'vir and nelf sites still make me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

i think that arch should be done so each of your 4 sites is a different race (minus expansion content)

Deleted
    i gave up on the trinket, i farmed for literally 6weeks, i got every kind of rare that i dont need, but none that i wanted except the ring

Deleted
    I myself find fossil digsites waaaaay more annoying then NE. i go EK getting 50% (troll/dwarf) and 50% fossil. Trying luck other side Kalimdor i get 50% fossil, 40% NE and 10% tol vir. And when i get those big fossil digsites (Tanaris, Redridge, Un guro...) i really want to punch someone. RNG really hates me.

While farming Tol'vir frags to get the Vial recipe I got the nelf trinket (not complaining, I'm using it till I get Volcano), lame level 60 robe, every blue rare, and that's just nelf. I also got the epic one-hander, that damn peaceful scarab junk epic, the ring (which is nice) and a ton of other rare crap I didn't want (pets, etc). Over a month of straight archy and nothing else and 8 jars later, I finally got the Vial recipe.

Yes. I hate nelf.