Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    SPOILER

Isn't Alexstrasza dead?
    No, but she was mortally wounded atm, so shes out of the game for the rest of the expansion against Deathwing.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    It amazes me why people ignore the simple reason...

THE WYRMREST ACCORD IS THERE

why would Deathwing fly right into the domain of every other dragon aspect remaining? he would just walk into a death trap of dragons trying to kill him just by even coming near Dragonblight. He may be the most powerful dragon, but he still can be taken if the odds are outstandingly against him in number. And that's not including the magical capabilities of the dragons in question.
    I can see what you mean.. But then again, as I stated earlier, he did send some agents to Alexstrasza's sanctum within the Temple.. Sending someone weaker than yourself is a pretty bold move, if he's so afraid of going there.. True, we kicked their sorry asses, but they did manage to wreck the sanctum completely..
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

Because it is a plot hole.

Deleted
    Then it's an oversight on Blizz's part to leave an entire continent untouched.
    No. In-game Northrend is part of Wrath of the Lich King. Not the Cataclysm expansion. It's very simple, really

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    I can see what you mean.. But then again, as I stated earlier, he did send some agents to Alexstrasza's sanctum within the Temple.. Sending someone weaker than yourself is a pretty bold move, if he's so afraid of going there.. True, we kicked their sorry asses, but they did manage to wreck the sanctum completely..
    To the Sanctum, yes, not to the Temple itself. Do keep in mind that Deathwing wasn't even in Azeroth at this point, so he couldn't show up himself.

However, I do believe he wouldn't have turned up himself if it was the case. He sent in a suicidal squad to take out as many eggs of the Red Dragonflight as possible, because those eggs are fairly important.

10+ Year Old Account
    They took the portals out of Dalaran and he doesn't want to pay a mage to get him back to civilization quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i also agree, he crippled his primary threat's supply of reinforcements almost entirely, and if Alexstraza dies the red dragonflight will die out with her over time, so she will be hesitant to make any more moves against Deathwing, so imo shes out of the loop in this expansion.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    No. In-game Northrend is part of Wrath of the Lich King. Not the Cataclysm expansion. It's very simple, really
    In game Azeroth is available to all vanilla players, so this point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i also agree, he crippled his primary threat's supply of reinforcements almost entirely, and if Alexstraza dies the red dragonflight will die out with her over time, so she will be hesitant to make any more moves against Deathwing, so imo shes out of the loop in this expansion.
    Necessarily, it won't die out... Kalecgos is proof that it is possible to replace Aspects (much to my own surprise..) so I'm sure another would be appointed the new head of the Red Dragonflight..
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.

Since he was maddened by the Old Gods he wouldn't want to drop Ulduar on top of Yogg-Saron's head

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Deathwing = Bolvar, so why would he destroy the location of his throne???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Exactly. The zones that were contained in the Wrath of the Lich King and The Burning Crusade expansions were not touched. I mean, Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles should've at least had some relatively large waves hit them after the destruction in Darkshore, but nope. Nothing. It's kind of sad, really, because those are some of the zones that they could've done some interesting things with, and maybe finally pull in the Draenei or the Blood Elves closer to their respective factions.

But they didn't, (and in my opinion) because they were lazy. D:
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Because of Rhonin, nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaenne View Post
    But they didn't, (and in my opinion) because they were lazy. D:
    I'm quite certain Blizz's been working their behinds of for this expansion.. And either of us can be right, and we will never know till someone travels back in time and takes a look at how they worked on it.. But until them, isn't it better to give them the benefit of the doubt? They DID make the greatest overhaul to any mmorpg ever made, after all.. And did it well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Necessarily, it won't die out... Kalecgos is proof that it is possible to replace Aspects (much to my own surprise..) so I'm sure another would be appointed the new head of the Red Dragonflight..
    Still, it would take too long to replace an aspect, as of now Kalecgos still doesn't have Malygos's powers IIRC, and if Alex dies Deathwing will more than likely attack Wyrmrest temple knowing that its most powerful guardian is now dead. In the end, there wouldn't be enough time to appoint a new red aspect because there would be no aspects to make such a move aside from Ysera, and we don't know what shes done after Hyjal.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-01-30 at 08:03 PM.

I'd say it was a strategic move since he was supposed to come out right as the Lich King was defeated so all of the Horde and Ally forces were still in Northrend. Hitting rest of Azeroth when less guarded was probably a little easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite certain Blizz's been working their behinds of for this expansion.. And either of us can be right, and we will never know till someone travels back in time and takes a look at how they worked on it.. But until them, isn't it better to give them the benefit of the doubt? They DID make the greatest overhaul to any mmorpg ever made, after all.. And did it well...
    That they did. And I'm all for creating a time machine device to see why they didn't include Deathwing rampaging through Northrend and The Burning Crusade zones (save for Outland, obviously).
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Maybe he was like, ok I can wreck Stormwind and a bunch of Alliance/Horde settlements. But flying that close to where a bunch of Dragons hang out regularly and a floating city full of Mages isn't the best idea this early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, it would take too long to replace an aspect, as of now Kalecgos still doesn't have Malygos's powers IIRC, and if Alex dies Deathwing will more than likely attack Wyrmrest temple knowing that its most powerful guardian is now dead. In the end, there wouldn't be enough time to appoint a new red aspect because there would be no aspects to make such a move aside from Ysera, and we don't know what shes done after Hyjal.
    My guess is Ysera is more than busy still fighting Ragnaros's forces.. Just banishing him back into the firerealm wouldn't exactly stop det horde of crazy worshippers.. and they destroyed a lot of delicate nature.. But meh, this is taking us nowhere.. Deathwing didn't attack Northrend, mainly because of his arch-enemies sitting there, save for a single attack..

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    Maybe he was like, ok I can wreck Stormwind and a bunch of Alliance/Horde settlements. But flying that close to where a bunch of Dragons hang out regularly and a floating city full of Mages isn't the best idea this early on.
    Haha, gotta crawl before you can walk, right? :P

Deleted
    Then it's an oversight on Blizz's part to leave an entire continent untouched.
    It's not an oversight, we just came from WotLK they didn't want to change it so soon.

lol

Deathwing didnt destroy northrend because blizzard is too lazy